Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

RvBCrS's Content

There have been 31 items by RvBCrS (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#8496 HT1632 interface (alpha)

Posted by RvBCrS on 26 January 2011 - 09:49 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi Ken, great stuff.. Any chance you could post your code so I can try it out? Cheers, Ramon

#5277 BitBanger Driver

Posted by RvBCrS on 25 November 2010 - 01:05 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi,

Do you have any specifics on the issue? What LCD, wiring etc?
Maybe we can figure this out.
-(e)

Hi Sweetlilmre,

If you have the time can you please explain to me how I can get this bitbanger driver to work with the Dot Matrices from Sure Electronics? or can you update your example of the Led Matrices with this driver?

Thanks,

Ramon

#5212 DHT11 Temperature Sensor

Posted by RvBCrS on 23 November 2010 - 01:57 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Would you consider using an 8-bit microcontroller (such as ATtiny or ATmega) as a 'bridge' between Netduino and the sensor?

Yes that would be a fine solution, the only problem is don't it need to be a Arduino then? And in all cases I need to write C++ or C witch is a problem for me as I don't know how :) It would be even better if I could combine it with a 433Mhz wireless transmitter and receiver to wireless transmit the temperature.

#5202 DHT11 Temperature Sensor

Posted by RvBCrS on 22 November 2010 - 07:28 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Damn! Thanks for the response guys! I'm not going to be able to write a native driver, so unless someone has too much free time I'm going to give up on this sensor. Anyone wants to buy a DHT11 sensor :)

#5130 DHT11 Temperature Sensor

Posted by RvBCrS on 21 November 2010 - 04:52 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi guys!

I bought this sensor: DHT11 from nuelectronics. Does anyone have any experience connecting this device to the Netduino? I tried to port the C++ code from the Arduino, but to be honest I have no idea how to do it! I really hope someone can help me out here!

Here is the arduino example: http://www.nuelectro...r_pde/dht11.pde

Here is the datasheet: http://www.micro4you...ensor/DHT11.pdf

Hope to here from you guys! Thanks in advance!

Ramon

#4229 Netduino One Click Updater

Posted by RvBCrS on 25 October 2010 - 10:14 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi!

I have created a one click firmware updater for the Netduino! The tool was initially build by forum user Randoom for the FEZ Devices. I took that code as my base and created the Netduino One Click installer. It detects a Netduino automaticly and reads the currently installed firmware version, after that the tool will check on a remote site if there is a newer version of the firmware available (currently it is my blog). If it detects the version on the Netduino is older you can click the update firmware button to update your Netduino!

A few things to keep in mind:
1. It is alpha software and not for people who do not know how to recover if something goes wrong.
2. You need an internet connection :) if you would like to use the auto update feature.
3. It currently only supports the Netduino, so not the Plus or Mini, those will be supported in later versions.

If you would like to test please remember you have to have version 4.1.0.3 on your Netduino, so you can test the automatic update feature. I have 4.1.0.4 on the update server.

I hope you like the tool! Please let me know what you think!

Posted Image

Cheers,

Ramon

Attached Files

#3839 Netduino Plus home automation

Posted by RvBCrS on 13 October 2010 - 01:22 PM in Project Showcase

Well, my first Netduino project is underway. I've decided to go for some home automation. Photos, code, etc. will follow once I've got something worthwhile to show. I decided to break this down into manageable stages as a buggy project could be a lot of hassle.

"Rules"
1. Finish one part properly before starting on another. (I get distracted easily.)

2. Make sure I'm never in the dark or locked out of the house becuase of a bug in my C# or something being half-finished. (Would get too much grief from the wife too.)

3. Make sure it's easily removed and reverted back to "normal" operation in case I ever want to move house.

Stages
1. Get garage lighting and working on a low voltage relay driven circuit. (DONE. The "brains" are some 4011 NAND gates. This board can get slotted back in for basic functionality whilst the Netduino board is being worked on.)

2. Create a Netduino Plus based board to control the same lights, operate the garage door and tell me whether the door is open or closed. (Underway. Success will be if I can check if I left the lights on or the door open from my phone over WiFi.)

3. Add remote operation for the main house doors (from phone/PC), making very sure I won't end up locked out due to buggy code or a power failure.

4. Add an access control mechanism. Options are RFID using the ID-20 reader (playing with this) or a fingerprint reader (also playing with this, but would need a PC to be involved). Will add more details on this in due course.

5. Add lighting control for the rest of the house. (Investigating options like X10 and Z-Wave but there seems to be no good off-the shelf solution. Will add more details on this.)

Not the most original of projects, but it's a start. Comments, suggestion and questions welcome.

Very cool I like to create something like this too! Will be watching your topic closely!

#3759 Anyone interested in an eagle version of the Netduino files?

Posted by RvBCrS on 11 October 2010 - 06:27 AM in General Discussion

Mark, are you planning on making eagle files for the Netduino Plus? I would love to make my own boards, but I do not have the skills to make those designs myself :( Do you think it is possible to make 2 layer boards of the Netduino Plus, because if I understand correctly the Netduino Plus and the Netduino for that matter are 4 layer pcb's and those are very expensive to produce. Thanks, Ramon

#3735 Experimental Drivers for Wiznet-based Ethernet Shields

Posted by RvBCrS on 10 October 2010 - 10:28 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Great stuff!! Now it works!

Probably not the way to do it, but I got it to accept multiple connects by moving these 2 lines of code inside the while(true) loop in the Main()

Socket listenSocket = new Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp);
listenSocket.Bind(ep);

So the listening socket gets created and bound every time it finished a connection :)
No I can connect as many times to the Netduino as I want.

#3734 Experimental Drivers for Wiznet-based Ethernet Shields

Posted by RvBCrS on 10 October 2010 - 09:32 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

updated the code. I found I was not doing the bind/listen/accept cycle correctly. Not sure I have it right yet, I still can't connect more than once. Hope someone could tell me where I am going wrong.

Great stuff!! Now it works!

#3671 Experimental Drivers for Wiznet-based Ethernet Shields

Posted by RvBCrS on 08 October 2010 - 08:25 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

That is a very good point. I did have a problem with my Seeeduino Ethernet board, it would not accept any of the commands. It turned out that I could do one of two things, add an ICSP connector to my Netduino or change some soldered jumpers on the board.
You may want to check to see if the enthernet board has jumpers. The best place to look would be on the schematic.

There are 2 jumpers on the DFRobot board.. the INT jumper and a WP jumper and a two pinheader one "PROG" I really have no idea :)

#3670 Experimental Drivers for Wiznet-based Ethernet Shields

Posted by RvBCrS on 08 October 2010 - 08:24 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Ramon,
While I'm unfamiliar with this particular code, I've seen that behavior before and in my case it was because my Ethernet Shield (NKC and authentic Arduino Ethernet Shield) require the 6 pin ICSP header. Both shields were stuck waiting until I solder the ICSP header on the Netduino. You might be running into the same issue.

Hi I have a DFRobot shield, that is a pretty common one isn't it? When I connect the ICSP header to the Netduino where do I connect it to on the shield? i don't see a ICSP header on the DFRobot shield..

#3669 Experimental Drivers for Wiznet-based Ethernet Shields

Posted by RvBCrS on 08 October 2010 - 08:22 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

I can't be sure without more details, so I appologize for asking the obvious question, 1) do you have the board connected to a 192.168.11.x network? 2) Have you posted a request from a client computer, "http://192.168.11.98"?
The code waits for a connections from the client, the loop you mentioned so is blocked.

Hi thanks for your reply! I changed the ip address to match my network to 192.168.1.220, gateway 192.168.1.1 and then did a request from a browser to 192.168.1.220, I knew it would not return a result because the code kept looping until it would return a result connected, witch it never did.

#3655 Experimental Drivers for Wiznet-based Ethernet Shields

Posted by RvBCrS on 08 October 2010 - 08:16 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Well after killing one of my Netduino's, I have managed to add listen, bind and accept to the experimental drivers. I think there is a disconnect between the implementation in the Wiz5100 chip and WinSock or Berkley Sockets. So based on my implementation you can only receive one connection request. Maybe someone can find where I am going wrong and post an update.
I have changed the namespace so I could keep my changes separate from the original SecretLabs implementation.

Hi klotz!

I'm trying to get your test project to run, but I must be doing something wrong, because it never gets past this "do loop":

do
{
socketStatus = ReadRegister((UInt16)(socketBaseAddress + 0x0003));
} while (socketStatus != (byte)WiznetStatus.SOCK_ESTABLISHED);

It never returns:
WiznetStatus.SOCK_ESTABLISHED

Do you have any idea what can be wrong?

Thanks,

Ramon

#3348 where to buy the NDplus ?

Posted by RvBCrS on 01 October 2010 - 12:04 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello, I am french and I would like to buy the netduino plus.

But I don't find any link to buy it. I know it is in beta public but I want to buy one.

Where can I buy a Netduino Plus ?

Thanks

Hi,

There were only a few Netduino Plus boards available! So there is a good chance they are all sold now. Check this post: Wait...what's this?

Cheers,

Ramon

#3103 Using TimeService

Posted by RvBCrS on 28 September 2010 - 08:04 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I don't know, don't have my Netduino Plus yet :( but maybe try the IP address of the NTP server, maybe DNS is not implemented yet, or what you said maybe NTP is not fully ready yet.

#3002 Wait...what's this?

Posted by RvBCrS on 27 September 2010 - 09:35 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

UAM Czech Republic has currently 10 pieces on the way (already in Prague, so they will be on stock soon), for ~8.5€ shipping to the Netherlands.

Hi! Thanks for the tip! I just ordered mine at www.proto-advantage.com so it's on its way.

#2999 Simple Netduino Webserver

Posted by RvBCrS on 27 September 2010 - 08:06 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Well, it's not really a webserver, but it listens to webrequests and do things based on the requested urls.
Thanks to OZ for hinting Socket.Listen() in his video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfI-yCQXT8Y

The video shows a JQueryUI page, but the actual urls that do the work are: http://x.x.x.x/led/1 and http://x.x.x.x/led/0
See Test.htm and ConsumeNetduino.htm within the attached source.

public static void Main()
{
    WebServer webServer = new WebServer();

while (true)
    {
        int requestLength = webServer.WaitForRequest(new RequestReceivedDelegate(RequestReceived));
        if (requestLength > 0)
        {
            //-- Build response --
            responseStr = "HTTP/1.1 200 OK\nContent-Type: text/html\n\n";
            responseStr += ProcessRequest(receivedStr);

// IMPORTANT: SendResponse() sends response AND closes the connection, please call only once per request.
            webServer.SendResponse(responseStr); 
            receivedStr = "";
        }
        Thread.Sleep(100);
    }
}
Full source code attached. I'm sure it can be improved. I'm just too excited not to share.

Very cool! I can't wait to get my hands on my Netduino Plus! I hope it arrives soon!

Do you think this is possible on the normal Netduino (with WiZNet Shield) too?

Cheers,

Ramon

#2952 Anyone interested in an eagle version of the Netduino files?

Posted by RvBCrS on 26 September 2010 - 07:49 PM in General Discussion

Hari, with 100 pins there is no way you'd get that in anything other than LQFP/TFBGA/LQFN packages. Those IC's are really easy to hand solder once you know a few tricks. I have a FEZ Domino on it's way to me with a dead NXP ARM7 on it, and a replacement ARM chip, i might have to do a tutorial on how to solder it.

0603's and above are easy with a pair of surface mount tweasers. If you're really worried about the board, get one made at PCBCart.com, then head over to SMTStencil.com and get a stencil made. Buy some solder paste, stencil on the solder paste, place your parts with surface mount (self closing) tweasers and then heat with a hot air gun slowly until the solder goes all liquid.

Surface mount isn't something to be afraid of, i only first got PTH parts after getting a FEZ Domino and a Sparkfun Inventors Kit... I've been doing surface mount only boards for 4 years - it's what i learnt on.

Have been soldering surface mount for a year now, all with just a normal soldering iron. I now ordered some FEZ Domino pcb's and some of those 144 pins LQFP ARM7 chips, I have to say I'm not really sure what the best way is to solder those things. I have no problems with any other parts so far, but this is going to be a challange I guess. I have recently bought a Aoyue 968 hot air soldering station and I hope I can use that thing on those chips.. or do you think hand soldering is still the best way?

#2928 Experimental Drivers for Wiznet-based Ethernet Shields

Posted by RvBCrS on 26 September 2010 - 04:12 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Hi Chris and others! I was trying this code with my DFRobot shield, but everytime I run the code I get this error:

SocketException when connecting to http://www.nu.nl/.
If your network uses IPSec, you may need enable the port manually
Socket Error Code: 10060

I have turned of my firewall just to be sure, but I can't seem to get it to work.. anyone any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ramon

#2925 HT1632 interface (alpha)

Posted by RvBCrS on 26 September 2010 - 01:18 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

YAYAYAYAY!! :) Awesome!

I have some more recent code that uses the custom bitbanger firmware to really blast the display (it so much faster its unbelievable).
I need to fix it up so that compilation is conditional i.e. you don't need special firmware, and I have optimised the font drawing and some other bits.
I'll take a look tonight and see if I can post it up.

-(e)

Wow that would be awsome! I have 4 displays connected now and as you said it is very slow, the text crawls across the displays ;) I really hope you can post your code tonight. My ultimate goal is to get the displays working in combination with a Ethernet Shield so you can send messages to the Netduino and displays it on the matrices.

One other thing, do you think it is possible to connect more then 4 displays? lets say for example 8?

I'm really looking forward to you code! Thanks!

#2914 Anyone interested in an eagle version of the Netduino files?

Posted by RvBCrS on 26 September 2010 - 10:16 AM in General Discussion

I would love to have it in Eagle! I would even more love to have the Netduino Plus in Eagle!

#2886 HT1632 interface (alpha)

Posted by RvBCrS on 25 September 2010 - 05:02 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Whoot Whoot! Solved it! I tried the link you provided with the 4.1.0.3 firmware flashed the firmware and after the upgrade was finished I instantly saw something displayed on my Matrix!! So the solution was flashing the updated firmware, now I have the same result as in the video posted earlier but the with my Netduino! Thanks a million for helping me out! I will now try to make some extra functionality to run more than one display for example.. or do you have more recent code?

#2877 HT1632 interface (alpha)

Posted by RvBCrS on 25 September 2010 - 01:40 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi,

Damn this is frustrating! :)

I run custom firmware for the bitbanger mod I made but this should not be a issue (the code attached is the original code I developed on stock firmware).

Do you by any chance have an Arduino? If so try the code from Miles Burton (linked in the first post) with your matrix and see if that works.

As a last option I reflashed with the original firmware to make sure there were no funnies there:
4.1.0.3 firmware

Then rebuilt the attached code and deployed it, it runs as expected. Try and do the firmware update, just in case. I have a watch on this topic so post back when you get the red matrix. I'd love to see this resolved!
Now to reflash back to custom... :)

-(e)

Hmm that was a good suggestion to try it on my Arduino.. you can see the result below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmn4nZ0OKyE

I have downloaded the latest code from Miles Burton his site and as you can see it runs perfectly! strange stuff he!

#2868 HT1632 interface (alpha)

Posted by RvBCrS on 25 September 2010 - 11:10 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Well I'm going to give up for now I tried everything, I cut a connector from one of the cables and soldered the pins directly to it but I can't seem to get anything out of it.

Posted Image

I have 8 matrices and tried them all no luck with all of them. I really do not hope it is my netduino that is faulty or something.

I'm going to order a red 0832 matrix from sure to see if that one works for me..

One other thing I have thought of.. did you change anything in your firmware? maybe I have an older firmware or something? or isn't that possible, i'm such a newbee with Netduino :)

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.