Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

supra's Content

There have been 199 items by supra (Search limited from 25-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#45622 RUSSIAN METEOR

Posted by supra on 16 February 2013 - 01:45 PM in Project Showcase

Did anyone saw the cars on parking lot?  When the fireball exploded, suddenly the cars on alarm system automatically turned on. You will see headlights flashing. Why is that happened?

Supra

#45520 Fingerprint scanner & Netduino 2

Posted by supra on 14 February 2013 - 07:37 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Here is new one...very cheap.

https://www.sparkfun...products/11651?

Here is video demo:

#44900 NTP Time howto call with SDK 4.3

Posted by supra on 04 February 2013 - 05:44 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

hello, We are upgrading to 4.3 but now we get a error bitwise shifting in Visual Basic to get the time from a NTP time server. This is old code and always worked in 4.2

Dim lIntPart As Long = 0 Dim lFractPart As Long = 0

For i As Integer = 0 To 3 lIntPart = (lIntPart << 8) Or ntpData(bOffsetTransmitTime + i) Next   For i As Integer = 4 To 7 lFractPart = (lFractPart << 8) Or ntpData(bOffsetTransmitTime + i) Next  

Error 1 Type 'System.Nullable(Of )' is not defined. (The error is under the << 8)

Does anyone knows why and also there is a buildin function in the SDK 4.3 for calling the time server.

How can we call this function?  

You cannot use Or inside looping;

Only block IF/then ELSE condition.

SUpra.

#44897 NTP Time howto call with SDK 4.3

Posted by supra on 04 February 2013 - 05:32 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

hello, We are upgrading to 4.3 but now we get a error bitwise shifting in Visual Basic to get the time from a NTP time server. This is old code and always worked in 4.2

Dim lIntPart As Long = 0 Dim lFractPart As Long = 0

For i As Integer = 0 To 3 lIntPart = (lIntPart << 8) Or ntpData(bOffsetTransmitTime + i) Next   For i As Integer = 4 To 7 lFractPart = (lFractPart << 8) Or ntpData(bOffsetTransmitTime + i) Next  

Error 1 Type 'System.Nullable(Of )' is not defined. (The error is under the << 8)

Does anyone knows why and also there is a buildin function in the SDK 4.3 for calling the time server.

How can we call this function?  

Public Shared Function GetNetworkTime() As DateTime	Dim ep As New IPEndPoint(Dns.GetHostEntry("time-a.nist.gov").AddressList(0), 123)	Dim s As New Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Dgram, ProtocolType.Udp)	s.Connect(ep)	Dim ntpData As Byte() = New Byte(47) {}	' RFC 2030	ntpData(0) = &H1b	For i As Integer = 1 To 47		ntpData(i) = 0	Next	s.Send(ntpData)	s.Receive(ntpData)	Dim offsetTransmitTime As Byte = 40	Dim intpart As ULong = 0	Dim fractpart As ULong = 0	For i As Integer = 0 To 3		intpart = 256 * intpart + ntpData(offsetTransmitTime + i)	Next	For i As Integer = 4 To 7		fractpart = 256 * fractpart + ntpData(offsetTransmitTime + i)	Next	Dim milliseconds As ULong = (intpart * 1000 + (fractpart * 1000) / &H100000000L)	s.Close()	Dim timeSpan__1 As TimeSpan = TimeSpan.FromTicks(CLng(milliseconds) * TimeSpan.TicksPerMillisecond)	Dim dateTime As New DateTime(1900, 1, 1)	dateTime += timeSpan__1	Dim offsetAmount As TimeSpan = TimeZone.CurrentTimeZone.GetUtcOffset(dateTime)	Dim networkDateTime As DateTime = (dateTime + offsetAmount)	Debug.Print(networkDateTime.ToString())	Return networkDateTimeEnd Function

Supra.

#44227 SPI Configuration and the various Modes

Posted by supra on 26 January 2013 - 01:19 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

What does parameter do?

spi[color=rgb(102,102,0);].[/color][color=rgb(102,0,102);]Write[/color][color=rgb(102,102,0);]([/color][color=rgb(0,0,136);]new[/color] [color=rgb(0,0,136);]byte[/color][color=rgb(102,102,0);][][/color] [color=rgb(102,102,0);]{[/color] [color=rgb(0,102,102);]1[/color][color=rgb(102,102,0);],[/color] [color=rgb(0,102,102);]2[/color][color=rgb(102,102,0);],[/color] [color=rgb(0,102,102);]3[/color] [color=rgb(102,102,0);]});[/color]

[color=rgb(102,102,0);]Supra[/color]

#44221 Shield Base Firmware (beta 6)

Posted by supra on 26 January 2013 - 11:06 AM in Netduino Go

Thank you, Chris.

NO more "checkiing your hardware". Worry free. :)  :)  :)  :)

#44114 ExtendedSPIConfiguration

Posted by supra on 24 January 2013 - 02:37 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Here's the direct link:
http://www.netduino....no2firmware.zip

Chris

I got message from webiste.....................Oops! This link appears to be broken.

#44017 ShieldBase Power Bug?

Posted by supra on 23 January 2013 - 02:23 PM in Netduino Go

I think I may have come across a bug when using the ShieldBase in a project.

Start a new VS project using the new 4.2.2 SDK on a Go! and ShieldBase running the latest versions of NETMF and ShieldBase update 5.  Connect the ShieldBase to socket 5.  Now I am using the Komodex module (I'm sure Chris has one :)) to show that there is some activity.  My application looks like this:

using System.Threading;using Komodex.NETMF;using NetduinoGo;namespace ShieldbaseBug{    public class Program    {	    public static void Main()	    {		    ShieldBase sb = new ShieldBase((GoBus.GoSocket) 5);		    SevenSegmentDisplay display = new SevenSegmentDisplay();		    while (true)		    {			    for (int counter = 0; counter < 9999; counter++)			    {				    display.SetValue(counter);				    Thread.Sleep(200);			    }		    }	    }    }}

Deploy the application to the Go! and you should see the module start counting.  Now stop the debugger and the app should keep on counting.  Unplug the Go! and then plug it back in to the PC.  Wait a while and nothing happens.  The app does not start running.

Now comment out the declaration of sb and repeat.  The app starts counting in both cases.

Bug or am I missing something?

Regards,

Mark

I had same problem when unplug the NGo! and then plug it back in to the NGO. :angry:

#44014 Visual Studio VB.NET Project Types

Posted by supra on 23 January 2013 - 01:18 PM in Visual Basic Support

@RobinBones

"The windows 8 computer also has VS 2012 installed.I am not sure if that could be a factor. Any Ideas on how to get the VB.NET project types working?"

The VS 2012 is 64-bit only, and computer must be 64 bit. And not 32 bit

I am using VS 2010/XP with 32 bit. And cannot upgrading to Window7/8.

So i have to buy new computer that comes with 64-bit and USB 3.0.

Supra

#44012 Camera detection

Posted by supra on 23 January 2013 - 12:47 PM in Visual Studio

(**) STM32F405 has hardware Digital Camera Interface, up to 54 MB/s. But it's not supported in the current version of .NET MF and the necessary pins are not available on any of Secret Labs boards.

Looking @ datasheet stating that STM32F405 doesn't support interface with camera module. Only STM32F407 insterface with camera module.

READ DATASHEET.

Gutworks stating that " Gadgeteer has a Camera module for their NEMTF boards".........that is FEZ HYDRA.  It incorporates a 240Mhz AT91SAMRL ARM9 processor.

Supra

#43921 Fingerprint scanner & Netduino 2

Posted by supra on 22 January 2013 - 10:17 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/8839

http://www.made-in-c...e-SM-201B-.html

#43661 Netduino Plus 2 and LCD 20x4

Posted by supra on 18 January 2013 - 03:03 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Wiring:

http://www.dfrobot.c...ect_DFR0154.png

You are connecting wrong input (yellow and green). Try digital pins

#43601 Pressing F5...Ok While I powered off and powered on usb........not working.

Posted by supra on 17 January 2013 - 01:16 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Chirs,

But why NGO is not working when I power off and power on USB again?

supra

#43599 2 Buttons Wiring

Posted by supra on 17 January 2013 - 12:29 PM in General Discussion

Hi,

I wired up 1 button using this http://arduino.cc/en/tutorial/button.  It works great.  

However, I want to wire up more than 1 button.  So I want button 1 to trigger D0 and button 2 to trigger D1 for example.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Carsten

Here is better one:

http://www.instructa...-shield-part-2/

Tutorial for newbie more buttons:

http://www.instructa...ino-Simon-Says/

HTH.

Supra

#43375 Pressing F5...Ok While I powered off and powered on usb........not working.

Posted by supra on 14 January 2013 - 10:09 AM in Netduino Go

do you have a logic analyzer that you can hook up to the pins to analyze the SPI data pattern which you're outputting from the shield base pins? Chris

No.

I Added 3 leds for each clocks. By monitoring each clocks and see if the clocks is working or not.

#43351 Pressing F5...Ok While I powered off and powered on usb........not working.

Posted by supra on 14 January 2013 - 02:44 AM in Netduino Go

Hi supra, That's great additional info; thank you. With the 4.2.2 firmware, Netduino Go's USB name has changed to "Netduino" (instead of "NetduinoGo"). This is to enable new and future capabilities. To update the deployment target for your device. 1. In Visual Studio, open up "Project Properties > .NET Micro Framework". 2. Change the transport from USB to Serial. 3. Change the transport from Serial to USB. 4. If it is not already selected, select "NetduinoGo_Netduino" as the target device. 5. Save your project. That should get you back up and running; let me know how it goes! Chris

Thank, Chris. I got USB device working. All I see is Netduino instead of NetduinoGO, as I understand. :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

But what happen! When I power off usb and power on usb again. The clocks such as data, latch and clock are  not working. But same as above #4.

Can you give me any hints as posting #4?

Supra

When I power on usb. The led is stay on but the LEDs not moving. Is something wrong with SPI?

#43299 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.2

Posted by supra on 13 January 2013 - 07:35 PM in Netduino Go

------ Deploy started: Project: DHT22TestApplication, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ Unable to communicate with device - USB:Netduino

========== Build: 2 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ========== ========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Thank goddness. I still had same  error problem. But mine had one failed

#43291 Pressing F5...Ok While I powered off and powered on usb........not working.

Posted by supra on 13 January 2013 - 07:06 PM in Netduino Go

Sorry chris.

Error 1 Device not found or cannot be opened - USB:NetduinoGo
Device not found or cannot be opened - USB:NetduinoGo========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

USB can see Netduino.

Chris,  are you using USB 3.0? My pc  merely used 2.0.

#43280 Pressing F5...Ok While I powered off and powered on usb........not working.

Posted by supra on 13 January 2013 - 04:33 PM in Netduino Go

I converted from Arduino To NGO.

Here is link:http://arduino.cc/en...orial/ShftOut22

schematic:http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ShiftOut Look for 16 leds

Here is my source code:

using System;using System.Threading;using Microsoft.SPOT;using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoGo;using NetduinoGo;namespace Knight_rider_3{    public class Program    {                   public static Int32 i = 0;            public static bool  pinState;            public static void Main()            {                // write your code here                ShieldBase sb = new ShieldBase(GoSockets.Socket5);                //Pin connected to ST_CP of 74HC595 to NGO of pin 10                OutputPort _latch = new OutputPort(sb.Pins.GPIO_PIN_D10, false);                 //Pin connected to DS of 74HC595 to NGO of pin 11                OutputPort _data = new OutputPort(sb.Pins.GPIO_PIN_D11, false);                  //Pin connected to SH_CP of 74HC595 to NGO of pin 13                OutputPort _clock = new OutputPort(sb.Pins.GPIO_PIN_D13, false);                 //function that blinks all the LEDs                //gets passed the number of blinks and the pause time                while (true)                {                    // light each pin one by one using a function A                    for (Int32 j = 0; j < 16; j++)                    {                        //red LEDs...Left to Right                        lightShiftingPinA(16- j, _data, _clock, _latch);                                               //green LEDs.... Right to Left                        //lightShiftingPinA(j+1, _data, _clock, _latch );                                              // Thread.Sleep(10);                    }                    // light each pin one by one using a function B                    for (Int32 j = 0; j < 16; j++)                     {                    //red LEDs....... Right to Left                     lightShiftingPinB(j + 1, _data, _clock, _latch );                     //green LEDs...Left to Right                     // lightShiftingPinB(16 - j, _data, _clock, _latch );                    //return the latch pin high to signal chip that it no longer needs to listen for information                    // _latch.Write(true);                                          Thread.Sleep(10);                    }                           }            }        static void Shiftout(Int32 value, OutputPort data, OutputPort clock, OutputPort latch)        {            for(Int32 i = 0; i < 17; i++)            {                Int32 mask = 1;                mask = 1 << i;                  pinState = (mask & value) != 0;                data.Write(pinState);                clock.Write(true);                data.Write(true);                clock.Write(false);            }              latch.Write(true);              latch.Write(false);        }             //This function uses bitwise math to move the pins up        static void lightShiftingPinA(Int32 p, OutputPort data, OutputPort clock, OutputPort latch)        {            Int32 pin = 1;            pin = 1 << p;                      //move 'em out            Shiftout(pin, data, clock, latch);        }        //This function uses that fact that each bit in a byte        //is 2 times greater than the one before it to shift the bits higher        static void lightShiftingPinB(Int32 p, OutputPort data, OutputPort clock, OutputPort latch)        {            Int32 pin = 1;            for(Int32  x = 0; x < p; x++)            {                pin *= 2;            }            //move 'em out            Shiftout(pin, data, clock, latch);        }    }}

#43275 Pressing F5...Ok While I powered off and powered on usb........not working.

Posted by supra on 13 January 2013 - 03:19 PM in Netduino Go

Found bug again, Chris :angry:

While I powered off and powered on usb........NOT WORKING  :(  :(  :(

Pressing F5...Ok

#43271 Shield Base Firmware (beta 5)

Posted by supra on 13 January 2013 - 02:37 PM in Netduino Go

Thank again.

FLASHING WAS SUCCESSFUL. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

#43269 Pressing F5...Ok While I powered off and powered on usb........not working.

Posted by supra on 13 January 2013 - 02:12 PM in Netduino Go

Moderator note: this post split from the Shield Base Beta 5 post. HEY Chris! Work greaaaaaaaaaaaat. No More detached usb (power off/on). I been testing all my projects for knightrider and 8x8 dotmatix. :)  :)

#43267 Shield Base Firmware (beta 5)

Posted by supra on 13 January 2013 - 02:06 PM in Netduino Go

P.S. To update your current project using Shield Base: 1. Remove the NetduinoGo.ShieldBase.dll assembly reference from your current project. 2. Add the attached NetduinoGo.ShieldBase.dll assembly as a reference to your project. This update should be fully backwards compatible with your existing code. Chris P.S. NetduinoGo.ShieldBase.dll will also included in the upcoming Netduino 4.2.2 SDK.

Thanks! Work great for 74HC595 for SPI. No Error :)

#42501 Diodes and SN754410

Posted by supra on 31 December 2012 - 02:46 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

@GlenS

It is not necessary to used diode for motors whenever you used 754410 or any other IC chips.

#42210 Service note: updates to forums

Posted by supra on 26 December 2012 - 12:14 PM in General Discussion

WOOOOOOOOOWwwww!. Your websites is cooled  Actually  I liked font colour, instead of grey colour.

I can see clearly and readability in forum sections. B)

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.