carb's Content - Netduino Forums - Page 2

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

carb's Content

There have been 185 items by carb (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#44329 Netduino Go and NETMF Toolbox

Posted by carb on 27 January 2013 - 10:45 PM in Netduino Go

I have the NETMF Toolbox sample program for the Adafruit RGB LCD Shield working on everything accept for the Netduino Go Shieldbase.

It compiles but throws an exception:

The debugging target runtime is loading the application assemblies and starting execution.

Ready.

A first chance exception of type 'System.NotImplementedException' occurred in NetduinoGo.ShieldBase.dll

An unhandled exception of type 'System.NotImplementedException' occurred in NetduinoGo.ShieldBase.dll

Has anyone gotten the sample to run on the shieldbase?

I am using the sample from the toolbox and have added the shieldbase to the references.

Imports Microsoft.SPOTImports Microsoft.SPOT.HardwareImports SecretLabs.NETMF.HardwareImports SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoImports Toolbox.NETMF.Hardware

Chuck

#44257 My Paranormal Investigation Tool(s) Project

Posted by carb on 26 January 2013 - 07:13 PM in Project Showcase

Dave,

The breakouts look great, it will be interesting to see them working. Do you plan to sell any of them? The charger is of interest particularly.

While I haven't done much in the paranormal area, my 1 experience was on a Christmas eve 10 to 15 years ago. In the Dry Tortugas at Fort Jefferson (maybe 11:00pm), while I didn't see anything, there I could definately feel a presence.

I would love to go back with one of your boxes.

Chuck

#43808 Shield Base Firmware (beta 5)

Posted by carb on 20 January 2013 - 07:17 PM in Netduino Go

Denisetoo,

You can display the Output window from the View, Windows Other pulldown or by pressing Ctrl-Alt-O.

#43714 Request For Help In Running C# Programs With 4.2.2

Posted by carb on 19 January 2013 - 12:48 AM in Netduino Go

Yes, If you select device capability it will show the firmware that is loaded.

Chuck

#43713 STM DEVICE IN DFU MODE NOT RECOGNIZED IN MFDeploy

Posted by carb on 19 January 2013 - 12:44 AM in Netduino Go

Denisetoo,

MFDeploy does not read the board in dfu (boot loader) mode.

Just unplug and replug in the board, do not hold down the pushbutton.

Open MFDeploy, change from serial to usb and you should see the netduino listed.

Chuck

#43415 Netduino Go! Shield Base Pinout

Posted by carb on 14 January 2013 - 11:17 PM in Netduino Go

Good job Steve.

Did you update the version with the pink kittens?

#43244 Multiple i2c -bmp085 and lcd shield

Posted by carb on 13 January 2013 - 02:02 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Jim,

I don't know if I can help but I need a little more information.

Which board are you using, Netduino Plus or the Plus 2?

You have both devices on I2C, which addresses are you using? The I2C can normally be 1 - 8 (in binary). The 2 devices need to be on different address.

Do the LCD and the BMP085 work separately?

Which firmware are you using?

Also if you can provide some source code that would help to locate a problem.

Are you using Stefan's Toolbox?

Will help if I can, but without additional information it is like asking the question "how many marbles are in this jar, true or false?"

Chuck

#42992 Netduino Plus 2 I2C Issues

Posted by carb on 09 January 2013 - 04:45 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

MobileGamer,

Welcome to the forum,

Which connections are you making to the board? A4 & A5 or the new connections SC & SD? The 2 analog connection are not currently used for I2C.

Chuck

#42894 Netduino Plus, DIS(Direct Ignition System) and transistor help

Posted by carb on 06 January 2013 - 11:33 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Steve,

I didn't think Canadians were allowed to play with things that went boom! Or high voltage.

#42893 4X20 LCD display with I2C Interface

Posted by carb on 06 January 2013 - 11:26 PM in Project Showcase

Tim,

We can always use good code samples.

I don't know if you looked at the datasheet for the chip (MCP23008) used on the I2C/SPI backpack, but it can do so much more than drive a LCD display.

It can be used as:

• a general purpose i2c expander,
  • it has a power-on-reset circuit that holds the output until the chip is fully powered,
  • 8 digital I/O's,
  • I/O's can be configured for interrupt on change,
  • I/O's can be configured for a 100k pullup resistor,
  • Low current but can be used to control a relay board,
  • 8 backpacks can be used on one I2C line.

And the price is right!

Chuck

#42892 Data loss problem with Zigbee modules

Posted by carb on 06 January 2013 - 11:00 PM in General Discussion

Beowolf,

By Zigbee I assume that you are using the series 2's. In any case I have been using the series 1 xbee's and found that they are very sensitive to orientation of the antennas and the proximity of other transmitters.

I my case I had 1 on a laptop that had transmitter plugged into a usb port that communicates with the wireless mouse. When the xbee was move away from the wireless it worked much better.

Also it may help to test the Zigbees from computer to computer first and check the range that you can get from them. Some example for programing the zigbees that may help can be found here. http://examples.digi...ry/get-started/. There are a lot of good examples and explainations on how to use xbee's.

Chuck

#42851 [Suggestion] Additional sections

Posted by carb on 06 January 2013 - 12:04 PM in General Discussion

JMiljours,

That is exactly what I was talking about, and I think that it will help. I was in Montreal for a couple of winters a long time ago. What French I learned then is about gone. I may be able to still order food but thats about it. But we can work on it if need be.

Chuck

#42822 [Suggestion] Additional sections

Posted by carb on 05 January 2013 - 06:54 PM in General Discussion

I agree that keeping the forum in english will provide the most responses to questions.

But I would also like to reccommend that individuals provide their location (at least the country) this will allow us to have an idea of the native language and the time zone that they are located in.

You can also list the languages that you speak in the member area. That way you may find someone that speaks your primary language that you can contact by private message for additional help.

Chuck

#42719 Sure Electronics led-matrix driver

Posted by carb on 04 January 2013 - 03:56 PM in Project Showcase

Mario,

I am looking forward to seeing the driver that you are working on.

I have purchased 2 of the Sure Electronic's 32x16 matrixes and a USB controler but would like to use the NP2 spi instead.

By the way Happy New Year and thanks for all the great information that you provide here on the forum and in the HighFieldTale blog.

Chuck

#42610 Project PilotFish: Transpacific Autonomous Micro-Vessel

Posted by carb on 03 January 2013 - 03:58 AM in Project Showcase

PilotFish,

This company has a good selection of motor controls that may be of help. I have only used their servo control but have no complaint about their equipment.

http://www.pololu.co...alog/category/9

Chuck

#42563 What was and what's to come — A look back through 2012 and some thoughts...

Posted by carb on 01 January 2013 - 09:56 PM in General Discussion

Steve,

Good recap of the year. If you could throw in a few free items you may be able to get a job in politics. But with your honesty I am not sure you could get into our Democrat or Republican parties.

Happy New Year, I look forward to more great things to come.

Chuck

#42557 Problem with PWM Setpulse

Posted by carb on 01 January 2013 - 08:05 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Bernd,

Try http://wiki.netduino.com/

#42379 Difference in using VB vs C#

Posted by carb on 29 December 2012 - 06:03 AM in Netduino Go

Thanks Steve,

Still trying to move towards C#, but I wanted to figure out why programs that had been working, whould now throw exceptions, some of which are a little cryptic in nature. In any case maybe this will help others that are still hanging onto Visual Basic to avoid case sensitive variables and those darn

{   brackets;}

Chuck

#42365 Difference in using VB vs C#

Posted by carb on 29 December 2012 - 01:26 AM in Netduino Go

Chris,

Any information on the problems while using Visual Basic? I have tried everything short of a (big) hammer.

Tried again tonight to SetColor of a RGBLed using a potentiometer. I get an exception for out of range on the Led. Value from the Pot is 0 to 255.

If I convert the code to C# it runs as expected.

Chuck

#42362 Driving large LED-Matrix-Displays

Posted by carb on 29 December 2012 - 12:00 AM in General Discussion

Mark,

The Wiki link is http://wiki.netduino.com/

#42311 RF remote for Hunter light/fan?

Posted by carb on 27 December 2012 - 11:04 PM in General Discussion

I have been thinking of using a set of remote controlled receptacles that are sold by walmart for controlling Christmas lights. A set of 3 cost about $15.

The receivers plug into a receptacle and the lights plug into the receiver. The transmitter is powered by 2 AA batteries. I am planning on using a DIO to control the transmitter buttons through a transistor.

I stopped working on it because you can send an on or off signal but not know if it actually changed the end device.

Your posts gave me the idea to use a standalone xbee to send a confirmation signal back to the netduino.

Thanks

Chuck

#42235 Service note: updates to forums

Posted by carb on 26 December 2012 - 11:23 PM in General Discussion

Paul,The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with Android 4.0.4 seems to work ok. Standard browser

#42169 Service note: updates to forums

Posted by carb on 26 December 2012 - 10:32 AM in General Discussion

Looks like Santa made a stop here!

#42100 How to do simple SD write-read in VB

Posted by carb on 24 December 2012 - 08:56 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi

I was found some examples in C but I'm not shure how to translate it to VB code, can you show me how to do it with a simple example?

Thanks

JManual,

I assumed that you are wanting to convert C# (C Sharp) to Visual Basic. There are a couple of converts that normally work for me. The one that I use the most is Telerik Converter it converts both directions.

Chuck

#41988 MG811 CO2 Sensor and Netduino Plus 2

Posted by carb on 21 December 2012 - 02:30 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

oh, ok. I see.. so the .6 is the max output of the sensor which is the input to the amp circuit and the 3.3 is what you want the Vout max to be. Is there anywhere you would recomend where I can purchase one or two of those 5kOhm pots at a decent price? I'm in the US btw.

Thank You
Joshua

Depends on how fast you need them,

Digikey care them search for trim pot or trimmer. Minimum Quanity is only 1. Digikey trimpots

Radio Shack may have them or one that will work in a local store they show them online. 10K 15 turn trimmer

Ebay has them in the US 5K Trimpot or from Thialand (7 to 14 days) 25 turn 5K Trimpot

It does not have to be 5k, about anything from 1k to 10k should be good I think the impediance of the analog channel on the Netduino is fairly high (current draw suddent effect the voltage drop of the resistor / pot.

Hope this helps, If you have additional questions I will be gone out of country for the next 3 days, but someone should able to help. Have a Merry Christmas.
Chuck

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.