Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

nakchak's Content

There have been 164 items by nakchak (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#51570 bool status after going true then false

Posted by nakchak on 19 July 2013 - 08:46 AM in Visual Studio

Hi Brad

Could you post you code using the code insert tool (<> in the toolbar in the message editor), much easier to read then :), also looks like the code you posted has been truncated as i cant see anything which relates to led's or data received...

Nak.

#51569 JTAG programmer

Posted by nakchak on 19 July 2013 - 08:39 AM in General Discussion

Hi

I think what you linked to is an in circuit programmer != JTAG

Try this for JTAG https://www.olimex.c...ers/AVR-JTAG-L/

That said an AVR ICSP is also be very useful for flashing, but JTAG lets you debug as well. (Well thats my understanding of it anyways might well be wrong ;))

Nak.

#51568 How to supply my project (led+potentiometers)

Posted by nakchak on 19 July 2013 - 08:32 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

You can power the ND fine from the 5v pin, have designed several projects that power the device that way.

As for that breakout board it may be easier for you to use LM7805 5v regulator board can be had for next to nothing, or buy a 5V plug in regulated adaptor then all you would need is a barrel connector to connect your project to power, but if you want it to be battery powered you would be better off having the regulator in your project...

NAk.

#51540 bool status after going true then false

Posted by nakchak on 18 July 2013 - 10:21 AM in Visual Studio

Ok, so am i right in saying that you want the led to illuminate if you receive a 1 and to be extinguished if you receive any other number?

If you dont impose some sort of delay between the turning the led on and off it will look like its either never on or never off as its flashing to fast for you to see.  What is stopping you from controlling the led from annother thread if you dont want to use thread.sleep in your main code?

Nak.

#51501 Triggertrap Shield on Netduino Plus 2

Posted by nakchak on 17 July 2013 - 10:46 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Probably in a word,

You will need to port all the arduino code in the libraries folder on github to c# though, but it should be do able, really depends on how confident you are porting c/c++ to c#.

Also if the code requires a lot of bit banging you may find the performance is a bit slow due to the way netmf works (you are closer to the metal with an arduino so you don't suffer as great a performance hit)

Nak.

#51500 bool status after going true then false

Posted by nakchak on 17 July 2013 - 09:01 AM in Visual Studio

Not to sure what you mean to be honest.

Do you mean a toggle function i.e. if true then set false, if false then set true?

//Very simple togglevar toggleBool = false; //Define boolwhile(true){  toggleBool = !toggleBool;  lights.Write(toggleBool);  Thread.Sleep(1000);}

or as your comment alludes to do you want to toggle the bool if you receive a number that isnt "1"?

//Toggle on condition//Very simple togglevar toggleBool = false; //Define boolvar counter = 0;while(true){  if(counter%3==0){//If the counter is a factorial of 3 toggle the bool    toggleBool = !toggleBool;  }  lights.Write(toggleBool);  Thread.Sleep(1000);  counter++;}

The example above will toggle the bool when the counter contains a number divisible by 3, i.e. 0,3,6,9,12...

Hope that helps

Nak.

#51362 Can you buy ND+2 without the female headers soldered on?

Posted by nakchak on 11 July 2013 - 07:38 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I was in a similar situation ended up moving the headers until the nd's jacks lined up on the edge of my board.

#51361 Bug: Netduino DHCP requests not asking for DNS

Posted by nakchak on 11 July 2013 - 06:16 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Depends on your works network setup, if its a relatively secure setup it may well be blackholing unknown mac addresses... If that's the case denying dns info as its a good way to mitigate against unknown devices, you probably find the firewall blackholes it as well. You could always use googles public dns servers and hard code the ip's 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 Nak.

#51344 Pull text from a Private Void into a HTTP response

Posted by nakchak on 11 July 2013 - 08:11 AM in Visual Basic Support

two* possible solutions:

1) add a private variable at the top of your class to assign a value to in your void method, then read the value of the private variable into your http response

2) make your method return a value i.e. a bool (yes/no, true/false value) or a string

nak.

*im not muddying the waters with out arguments on methods...

#51297 Can you buy ND+2 without the female headers soldered on?

Posted by nakchak on 10 July 2013 - 09:51 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I would guess not, and if you could would probably be a custom run for headerless boards.

Why cant you just mount your existing board as a shield?

Other than that the CAD files for the boards are on the downloads page, so there is nothing stopping you reworking the boards for your own needs.

Nak.

#51144 OT: Lamp Powered by Ethernet Switch?

Posted by nakchak on 06 July 2013 - 10:50 AM in General Discussion

You could possibly use a PoE "y" lead where you have a barrel socket for power and a rj45 plug. However unless your hub or switch is PoE capable you almost certainly blow your switch up, and there isn't much if anything in the way of cheap non enterprise (read as Cisco, juniper etc.) poe switches, as poe is generally used for powering ip phones or cameras. That said if you want to reduce the number of wallwarts you have, you could always buy uprated adaptors I.e. 2 or 3000ma then create some leads to power everything of the same voltage as long as you don't exceed the current rating of the adaptor. Nak.

#50956 Simple sine table

Posted by nakchak on 30 June 2013 - 10:14 AM in General Discussion

Cool, I've been thinking of that too at some point. It would be really nice to have a PC app where you could draw arb forms in free hand and then upload to the chip/board over USB. Also controlling freq and amplitude from the PC app. Will the AD9831 retrieve output samples from EEPROM as it goes (like a RAMDAC) or will you be uploading a full "period" to the chip before starting it?

Essentially you write to the phase register via spi, im considering making it as a shield and go module at this point in time im still reseraching but it should be doable with one of those cheap $10 dds modules you can find on eBay, when im in front of my pc shall post some links Nak.

#50891 Simple sine table

Posted by nakchak on 28 June 2013 - 12:19 PM in General Discussion

Nice, I am currently tinkering with something similar myself, using an ad9831 to create a basic arb sig gen although rather than storing the tables in codespace I am considering using an eeprom, that said I may end up using a CSV file on an SD card as it could be also used for storing arb waveforms... Nak.

#50219 Static or Instance

Posted by nakchak on 03 June 2013 - 03:41 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I tend to create do as you suggest, as in spin up instances, that said I use a lot of static and readonly variables as it tends to make memory management easier. The microframework tends to make you think about memory managment and garbage collection more than the full framework does, but that isn't a bad thing and have seen improvements in my own full framework code as a result. Nak.

#50201 POS Printer serial communication issues

Posted by nakchak on 02 June 2013 - 06:34 PM in General Discussion

Also check you don't need to invert your rx and TX lines I.e. Feed it through a Schmidt inverter. Also check that you don't need to ground the chasis of the printer if its an oem printer assembly. Nak.

#50200 POS Printer serial communication issues

Posted by nakchak on 02 June 2013 - 06:33 PM in General Discussion

Also check you don't need to invert your rx and TX lines I.e. Feed it through a Schmidt inverter. Also check that you don't need to ground the chasis of the printer if its an oem printer assembly. Nak.

#50153 IC or transistor to act as relay switch

Posted by nakchak on 31 May 2013 - 09:59 PM in General Discussion

I would recommend getting a bag of pnp and npn transistors, a bread board and following some tutorials before you start trying to interface with pc hardware. Out of interest why are you trying to replicate switch functionality when you could use wake on lan to do the same thing?

#50115 12V Wall Adapter with exposed pins

Posted by nakchak on 30 May 2013 - 06:54 PM in General Discussion

Cut leads, or if you are planning to mount in an enclosure get a panel mount barrel connector, you could also get an inline barrel socket if you don't want to cut the adaptors lead. Nak.

#50100 What to use for RTC backup?

Posted by nakchak on 30 May 2013 - 07:55 AM in General Discussion

@baxter Could always put some opto isolators on your rx TX lines, probably overkill but would stop phantom power problems... Nak.

#50098 Looking for a few ninja code contributors...

Posted by nakchak on 30 May 2013 - 07:50 AM in General Discussion

Hey guys, bit late to the party but I am keen to get involved. I can see uses for GUI, cli and msbuild tasks.. Ultimatley as long as the core assembly has a well documented API the creation of of the cli and msbild tasks is a stubbing excercise. I would be very keen to see ways/develop easier ways to get nd's integrated into CI (continuous integration) systems. Another thing that would be awesome to make happen would be parallel deployments I.e. Flashing a usb hub full of nd's for production purposes. Nak.

#50062 Community Netduino case ?!

Posted by nakchak on 28 May 2013 - 05:57 PM in General Discussion

I am a fan of neutrik connectors, just seem bit chunky (probably as I have been doing lot of smt work recently) xlr plugs work well too. It is possible to get screw collared rj45 sockets as well but what ever works :)

As far cases go I think the main problem is determining the dimensions needed...

Whilst hobby boxes and other readily available enclosures may lack suitable mounting holes I tend to use industrial double sided foam tape http://www.vikingtap...-3mm-x-25m.aspx (super strong, use it to mount touch screens to kiosks and coin changers) also has the benefit of keeping ip rated enclosures ip rated without additional sealing.

Nak.

#50055 Community Netduino case ?!

Posted by nakchak on 28 May 2013 - 01:00 PM in General Discussion

I think unfortunately that case needs are too bespoke to do anything which really works well for most use cases.

If you look at most enclosure designs they often use off the shelf boxes and then just create custom front and back panels.

One way of making very pro looking front and back panels is to get a pcb fab to produce them for you, i.e. design a pcb with no tracks just holes and silk screen....

i often use extruded aluminium channel for housing projects, (also works well as a heat sink ;)) with pcb panels covering the ends.

As for the connectors, have you thought about using rj45 sockets (you can get them in either idc panel mount, or pcb mount versions)?  quite a bit more compact than then plug you are using in the photo's and much easier to get hold of plugs plus you have 8 connectors (plus a shield/screen connector if you got for shielded plugs and sockets).

Nak.

#50034 HttpWebRequest GetResponse Error

Posted by nakchak on 27 May 2013 - 07:33 PM in General Discussion

No worries it catches me out all the time, so used to the httpclient object in .net 4.5 I keep putting HTTP I front of URLs, should probably write a netmf implementation which behaves the same.

#50029 HttpWebRequest GetResponse Error

Posted by nakchak on 27 May 2013 - 05:28 PM in General Discussion

Try removing the HTTP:// part of ur URL, simplesocket does a dns lookup to get the uri's ip address, the HTTP:// part of a URL is used to define protocol, as U are using the HTTP client the HTTP part of the URI is implicit Hope that helps Nak.

#50026 Variable with USB name set in MFDeploy - exists?

Posted by nakchak on 27 May 2013 - 03:51 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

The source for mfdeploy is in the netmf porting kit That said I looked at modifying mfdeploy to allow multiple concurrent deployments I.e. Production setup flash 10 nds at once and as far as I remember mfdeploy enumerates the usb ports on ur pc not the nd attached so in your example netduino6 refers to the port not the device (verify by plugging nd into a port you havnt used yet) Hope that helps Nak.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.