Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

NooM's Content

There have been 301 items by NooM (Search limited from 08-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#52513 Netduino 2 and the Adafruit BMP085 Barometer (I2C)

Posted by NooM on 03 September 2013 - 04:33 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

i meant 4.2.2.2 not the 4.3 beta :D

#52526 Netduino 2 and the Adafruit BMP085 Barometer (I2C)

Posted by NooM on 03 September 2013 - 04:31 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

damn :( i thought its fixed in that version :(

it works fine with netduino v1 versions (iam using the mini, no problems there with i2c,spi and uart, but other bugs :D )

#52541 Netduino 2 and the Adafruit BMP085 Barometer (I2C)

Posted by NooM on 04 September 2013 - 06:43 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

no i dont own one, and never have.

but i was active a lot and saw a lot of that i2c stuff, but from what i know it got fixed in 4.2.2.2, well doesent look like :(

#44509 problem in netdunio "Cannot deploy the base assembly 'mscorlib'

Posted by NooM on 29 January 2013 - 04:33 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

10.000 is quite a lot write cycles. iam now at about 1000-1500 in ~6 months, iam testing a lot of different stuff.

so when i keep programming that often, in 3-5 years its damaged :P

that is the best fun/price ratio ive ever seen.

#48059 Flashing 4.2 failed

Posted by NooM on 05 April 2013 - 06:16 AM in Netduino Mini

it totally likes this cable. its i/o is 3.3v (only the supply from the cable is 5v, dont use that)

in chat you just called this adapter. its an ftdi cable wich is good.

#46087 How to power netduino without USB?

Posted by NooM on 22 February 2013 - 07:12 PM in General Discussion

how did you get this values? doesent sound right to me.

was running code with a loop on all devices?

(my mini consumes ~30ma with fresh firmware install w/o program, but ~100-120ma with some code running)

#46073 How to power netduino without USB?

Posted by NooM on 22 February 2013 - 02:27 PM in General Discussion

i like that usb power supply thingy, its what i suggested, a swichting regulator from ebay (LM2596) - yeah in the post before i mentioned the wrong one, i corrected this.

i use them a lot. :wub:

about noise: well that depends: when i use a cheap cellphone charger i get a lot of noise, but

from a battery or a regulated power supply i get no noise at all (with the voltage first stepped up, than stepped down again, so 2x switching)

about the design: i think the chinese use the standard design from the datasheet.

there are also some versions that have current limiters, with them you can even charge li-** akkus.

its also kind of protection, so no fuse is needed.

(well, i just have the normal ones, when i short them they die, when i use more current than they can supply they drop the voltage a lot)

#45979 How to power netduino without USB?

Posted by NooM on 21 February 2013 - 06:40 PM in General Discussion

i suggest not using a linear regulator for a car battery (you sure its 12v and not 24v ?)

linear regulators are inefficient and make a lot of heat, while swichting regulators are way more effiecent and

dont need cooling (at least for around 10 watts)

the cheap lm2577 regulators from ebay work great for that.

there are also some for more power (but 10 watts is a lot!! thats 2amp @ 5 volt)

//edit 2577 is step up, sry, i meant LM2596

#46052 How to power netduino without USB?

Posted by NooM on 22 February 2013 - 10:33 AM in General Discussion

its not a bad idea, but you have to be carefull.

last few days 2 duinos got fried of beein not carefully enough with 12v. :(

i suggest opto-isolating the pins from netduino to the 12v stuff, not just a transistor/mosfet.

#50945 SerialPort / Itead Studio Bluetooth Shield V2.2

Posted by NooM on 29 June 2013 - 11:06 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

did you test it with your pc?

your connecttodrive function looks very strange to me, but ive never worked with windows phone.

doesent it have a normal serialport class?

also, before you use the drive, you have to pair it first (at least on my pc, i search for device once, enter the pairing code, than i can open to serialport of it)

#46324 GPIO as analog input

Posted by NooM on 27 February 2013 - 11:48 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

short: doesent work.

solutions: multiplex your analog inputs (bad) or use external adc ic's over spi/i2c (spi prefeered, can use more)

in the link in  my signature is code for the MCP3201 ... its only one port, but easy to change for the 4 or 8 port versions

#52148 Using a 7 segment display without a shift register

Posted by NooM on 14 August 2013 - 02:03 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Using SPI to control a single shiftreg, wouldn't that require a pretty tight loop for multiplexing a 2-digit 7-segment display?

well, i even multiplexed 8x8 ledmatrixes with 74hc595, works great.

even rgb ledmatrix.

see link in my signature, i even posted the code there :D

#52137 Using a 7 segment display without a shift register

Posted by NooM on 14 August 2013 - 08:29 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

you totally wanna use a shift register.

its a waste of pins to use it without.

and you should not connect it directly to your netduino pins, its 7-8 leds, if all are on they may damage the common anode/cathode pin.

so use transistors for max brightness, or at least a big enuff resistor

i used that code to test a 4 digit one: http://pastebin.com/rMJRSHqn

btw: using pins directly is way more complicated than a 74hc595 where you can send bytes directly,

it shortens the code by a big ammount (sorry, cant find a sample code for that)

#45829 ISO 8601 trim DateTime milliseconds

Posted by NooM on 19 February 2013 - 06:34 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

thats normal, its the same for windows apps.

#47492 Netduino Plus 2 native c firmware upload

Posted by NooM on 22 March 2013 - 07:50 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I am not sure this is relevant, but ST-LINK/V2 included on the Discovery board can be used to debug and program other micros/boards via SWD, it is just needed to remove those two jumpers of CN3 connector (ST-LINK/DISCOVERY selector).

i told him in the chat :(

#51827 Debugging Target not in an initialized state: rebooting...

Posted by NooM on 31 July 2013 - 08:46 PM in Visual Basic Support

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino is for all gen2 boards, the other for the gen1.[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]they changed the naming for the gen2 boards so its in line, all have the same namespace there (normal and plus - and the ones that will follow sometime too)[/font]

#46124 Netduino/Raspberry Pi based Internet and Broadcast Radio

Posted by NooM on 23 February 2013 - 09:16 AM in Project Showcase

cool project!

wich amplifiers are you using?

greetings

#45946 We have reproduce a lockup (when the internet fails) with a video

Posted by NooM on 21 February 2013 - 09:13 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

first: the socket code/drivers is from an external nsource, lwip i think, so its not microsoft based :(

than: i had the same problem with my arduino, also cosm.

i fixed it that way:

i just restart the device every 10 minutes -.-  (with software, later iam gonna add an attiny85 as external "watchdog" todo that)

since than i had no more problems.

#45962 We have reproduce a lockup (when the internet fails) with a video

Posted by NooM on 21 February 2013 - 11:17 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

-.- i never said that i dont want it all fixed or something like that. i like working stuff :P

but the stupid answers about me kidding and that tv stuff indeed make me angry, i mean, i tried to offer

some help and my experience. iam in no way affiliated with sl or some company.

//edit: if id know a better solution (for now) id tell it.

#45955 We have reproduce a lockup (when the internet fails) with a video

Posted by NooM on 21 February 2013 - 10:09 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

joopc: no iam not kidding. i offered a solution (or workaround or whatever you want to call it)

gebrander: your 1.) i dont even try to answer, whatever man ...

2.) yes a workaround, cos it will take time to fix the real issue (wich has todo with the dhcp i assume)

if your lucky it will be fixed with the .netmf 4.3 version (new lwip version) -

if that isent the case, it will take a long time to get this fix, so what todo?

cry? or try to "fix" or workaround it yourself?

you can also do something usefull and support .netmf / lwip with better code

keep in mind that sl is not a billion dollar company with hundreds of developers, and there is many stuff that needs fixes/attention

also - if you change too much on the core, it gives troubles on the further netmf updates.

#49426 STM32F4 Discovery Running .NET MF

Posted by NooM on 14 May 2013 - 01:14 PM in General Discussion

nice, i thought the onboard (not on-chip) peripherals have different pins than the netmf uses (many pins can have different types of usage)

leds and button is kinda easy.

a-d is also, the serial ports are also in the netmf port (except one isnt working becouse of the micro usb port having the same pins)

all 3 spi modules work, one i2c (netmf limit)

and the 2 da converters are also implemented.

wich spi module and cs pin it uses? and whats about the interrupt pin? (the accelerometer)

also, what you think about the audio ic? that would be cool to have too, but from what ive read its i2s :(

#50366 NetduinoGo Shieldbase SPI hookup

Posted by NooM on 09 June 2013 - 11:12 AM in Netduino Go

its looks ok, what does tghe who am i register answer?

ill add my basic code for this module, its i2c, but maybe it helps

also try changing your spi speed, start with 1-2 mhz (idk the specs for the device now, but 10mhz sounds high)

Attached Files

#50608 NetduinoGo Shieldbase SPI hookup

Posted by NooM on 18 June 2013 - 07:21 AM in Netduino Go

After using $670 on netduino go related stuff,

sounds like a lot. are you sure its only for the go? maybe you can use the stuff you bought for a normal netduino or even an arduino.

thats what i do with my electronic stuff, nearly all parts are compatible with all my different mcu's :D

#50242 The thread '<No Name>' (0x2) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Posted by NooM on 04 June 2013 - 08:49 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

that question also gets asked every month :D

its what ziggurat said, its normal, so dont worry. an error looks different.

(windows apps show the same message when a thread ends)

#45492 Mosfet IRF540 v2.0

Posted by NooM on 14 February 2013 - 04:57 AM in Netduino Go

i guess so, it says the min voltage is 3 volts for the inputs, wich netduino can supply.

its also opto coupled, so i like the design :)

when you want to drive a mosfet directly you have to watch out that its logic level, or it wount completly turn on, get hot and burn.

but this board avoids that with the couplers

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.