Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

NooM's Content

There have been 301 items by NooM (Search limited from 25-September 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#50123 Problem communicating with mini via uart

Posted by NooM on 30 May 2013 - 09:09 PM in Netduino Mini

you have to flash the uart firmware first.

found here (with some instructions)

http://forums.netdui...-v420-update-1/

it has 2 firmware, one for rs232 deployment, one for uart deployment.

#44509 problem in netdunio "Cannot deploy the base assembly 'mscorlib'

Posted by NooM on 29 January 2013 - 04:33 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

10.000 is quite a lot write cycles. iam now at about 1000-1500 in ~6 months, iam testing a lot of different stuff.

so when i keep programming that often, in 3-5 years its damaged :P

that is the best fun/price ratio ive ever seen.

#51343 Pull text from a Private Void into a HTTP response

Posted by NooM on 11 July 2013 - 07:43 AM in Visual Basic Support

easy. but somehow i dont wanna write your code for you.

some tips:

private void IsGarageDoorOpen(). why you make it void?

you could make the function to return a string...

like:

String IsGarageDoorOpen()

{

return "no";

}

and than call that in your httprequest funtion and send the return text.

also remove the while loop from it and remove the delay.

edit: also red more about switch. yours is wrong and i wonder why the compiler doesent complain.

its like: switch(blabla)

{

case "xx": { ..... } break;

case "yy": { ..... } break;

default: { ..... } break;

}

#46370 Pushing the project out of the board

Posted by NooM on 28 February 2013 - 12:03 AM in General Discussion

if you can get the boards and solder qfp64 (thats the smallest stm32f4, they are up to 176pins) its relativly easy. just the crystal has to be the same than netduino so it can run netduino firmware.

when you do it yourself you can also use way more pins of the cip.

ive never done one myself.

the schematics are open source also, so you can look there what is used and connected to wich pin.

#48297 PWM freezing due to PWMChannels mapping

Posted by NooM on 11 April 2013 - 12:30 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

i dont think the netduino 1 has pwm on the led.

also only 4 pwm channs

(5,6,9,10);

so iam not suprised your code crashes :)

http://www.netduino....duino/specs.htm

#46170 PWM Issue with Netduino 4.2 SDK

Posted by NooM on 24 February 2013 - 05:33 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

it should work.

i have some suggestions: first: your setting the freq and duty in the constructor, so the led.Frequency and duty after that is not needed, set the values you want there. (and ofc wherever you wanna change it)

also, try setting tghe invert parameter to true, maybe helps (depends on the circiut wich you connected the led)

and try:

Single test = 0.0f;

while (true)

{
led1.DutyCycle = test;
test+= 0.05f;
if(test > 1.0f)
{
test = 0.0f;
}
Thread.Sleep(100);
}

#46211 PWM Issue with Netduino 4.2 SDK

Posted by NooM on 25 February 2013 - 09:12 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

wow i also forgot it had to be started first, i thought it just starts when initialized -.-

but well, its some time since i used it for testing.

#49357 PWM max freq.

Posted by NooM on 11 May 2013 - 06:52 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

its not Cpu.PWMChannel.

- its PWMChannels.yourpin

cpu. maps the hardware pins, so cpu.pin0 would be pin0 on the uC

#48828 reading data through a serial port on netduino plus 2

Posted by NooM on 28 April 2013 - 09:50 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

try:

SerialPort mySerialPort = new SerialPort("COM1", 9600);

remove all the other stuff like mySerialPort.Parity

(looks like its standard settings)

also add mySerialPort.Open();

and remove the Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite);

from the event. instead add it after mySerialPort.Open();

#51294 Returning to the Netduino family

Posted by NooM on 10 July 2013 - 08:01 AM in General Discussion

i didnt even notice you where gone ...

:wacko: :wacko:

#51342 Returning to the Netduino family

Posted by NooM on 11 July 2013 - 07:35 AM in General Discussion

:D :D :D

#45362 RGB led - cathode vs anode

Posted by NooM on 12 February 2013 - 07:39 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

in the netmf pwm class you can set an invert boolean in the constructor, so you can use it normally, no matter if its anode or cathode.

#48955 RIP

Posted by NooM on 02 May 2013 - 03:47 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

its worth a try, but i think the duino is dead, i mean, if hed connected it on the input side, the reg would die, but he put it on the

output side wich is also connected to netduino

#52201 Roundtrip communication latency

Posted by NooM on 16 August 2013 - 08:15 PM in General Discussion

use serial. it even has interrupts.

usb is no option at all, youd have to write your own firmware for using usb.

it only can do Debug.Print ..

#45627 RUSSIAN METEOR

Posted by NooM on 16 February 2013 - 03:03 PM in Project Showcase

its the worlds end!!!

#45510 Safe Way to power netduino with 5v Regulated Supply

Posted by NooM on 14 February 2013 - 04:11 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

connected gnd together?

#45061 Safe Way to power netduino with 5v Regulated Supply

Posted by NooM on 07 February 2013 - 07:05 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

first: it doesent matter if its 5 or 9 volt, when you would actually connect that to usb your usb port would be damaged.

than: iam very very sure the netduino does have a protection for that, so that you can power it with a 7.5 to 9v power supply and still have it connected to usb

#45361 Safely ejecting SD card (and other problems)

Posted by NooM on 12 February 2013 - 07:01 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

you do not use Cpu.Pins for netduino -.-

netduino has the card detect implemented, and it even throws an interrupt when you enter a card (maybe, i guess) also when you remove it.

#45373 Safely ejecting SD card (and other problems)

Posted by NooM on 12 February 2013 - 12:58 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

first: yes thats only for the plus and plus2.

than: i meant its not Cpu.Pins its just Pins enum.

also, since this is in the plus/plus2 part of the board, i was talking about that.

#45420 Safely ejecting SD card (and other problems)

Posted by NooM on 13 February 2013 - 09:47 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

So how does that help with my various errors?

it gives you some knowledge :P

since hanzibal allready told you about the card-detect pin ...

the try/catch approach you mentioned may work, but i think its better to

check if a sd card is in (set a boolean with the card-detect event, maybe there is allready one?)

and only write data when its actually in.

#47419 Sainsmart 16-Channel 12V Relay Board

Posted by NooM on 20 March 2013 - 07:04 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

it looks like they are opto isolated (the ic's with the 4 pins look like couplers)

- but iam sure the 12 means it wants 12 to turn the relays. read what stands on them, they switch up to 250v at some amps

the weird flashing is maybe cos the relays drew so much power to switch on that there was a spike wich made the duino crash/kinda crash

#47294 SB with NGO much slower then Arduino

Posted by NooM on 17 March 2013 - 05:22 PM in Netduino Go

yeah i can imagine that beein very slow.

from what i know shieldbase uses uart (serial) to send the commands, and you send a lot of it, theres also error checking ans stuff i dont even know of i guess :P

next: netmf is interpreted, and its way slower than arduino, way way way.

the benefit  for sure it the nice ide and a managed and beautiful language, more ram and flash

#51413 Scale AnalogInput from Vref 1.8v - 30v

Posted by NooM on 14 July 2013 - 08:56 AM in General Discussion

Thanks Hanzibal, but that won't work.

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]The connection to external(not computerized) equipment is via an 8 pin cable with analog signals out of the box for X, Y, Z, Setpoint1, Setpoint2, digital button, and inputs to the box of GND, and Vref.  Vref might come from a regulated source, or it might be a battery supply that will droop several volts while operating.  In either case, the outs must remain proportional to Vref. [/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] For example... at time T0 all controls are midpoint and Vref = 13.8v[/color]

all signal wires should deliver 6.9v and netduino sends an ethernet packet encoding each axis as 511.

at T500 control X is at 25%, Y is 75%, Z is 50%, Setpoint1 is 0%, setpoint2 is 100%, Vref is 11.6v

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]signal wires are  2.9v,             8.7v,         5.8v,                0v,                   11.6v[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]netduino sends 255,               767,           511,               0,                     1023[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]the netduino has a stable power source independent of Vref, but the GND is common between all devices.[/color]

id add a voltage regulator into the device, than its fixed all the time, even with batteries. easier to work with.

i prefeer switching regulators. so no matter what you put in ( >=5v <=24v) it all the time puts out 3.3v (if you set it todo so) and than you can get the full range from your analog inputs w/o voltage dividier (wich adds errors, resistors have like 5-20% tolerance)

#49040 SD card file corruption

Posted by NooM on 04 May 2013 - 06:45 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

yes that happens to me too.

you have to call call unmount before you power it down.

when you write more data you will see it, and also see how much is lost (like write 100 lines, some will be lost)

#51414 Serial Comms with Netduino Plus

Posted by NooM on 14 July 2013 - 09:46 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

correct, you need to add the reference yourself.

about the thread.sleep: its int not uint, also its milliseconds not microseconds

Int32 Cycle_Time_mSec = (Cycle_Time_mins * 60 * 1000); // thats allready msec, wonder why you named it uSec ...

than: in your Main() add: Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite);

or it will do unexpected things.

also your threads need a loop or they just will do what they do once and than stop.

about i2c and stuff: trial and error, dont give up, as soon as you understand whats going on its very easy, same for spi and uart (serial)

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.