Netduino Plus 1 Firmware v4.2.0 (update 1) - Page 6 - Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1) - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Plus 1 Firmware v4.2.0 (update 1)

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#101 mohammad

mohammad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

Hi all,

I upgraded the firmware of my Netduino Plus from 4.1.0.6 to the new firmware introduced in this thread.

Now, I am writing something on a 4GB MicroSD, but I faced with the following errors. Would you please help me solve this problem?

My Code:

using System;using System.IO;using Microsoft.SPOT.IO;using System.Net;using System.Net.Sockets;using System.Threading;using Microsoft.SPOT;using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware;using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus;namespace NetduinoPlusApplication1{    public class Program    {        static string path = "SDSWEIoT.log";        public static FileStream mem;        public static void Main()        {            try            {                mem = new FileStream(path, FileMode.Append, FileAccess.Write, FileShare.None, 512);            }            catch (Exception e)            {                Debug.Print(e.ToString());            }        }    }}

The received exceptions:

A first chance exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.IO.dllA first chance exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException' occurred in System.IO.dllSystem.NotSupportedException

Thanks in advance,

Mohammad

#102 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

Hello soloelectronico,

I'd tried  a lot of times  to flash Netduino Plus  and after the install the Tini BoooterDecompresoor when I try to run mdfdeploy with the 4.1 and 4.2  firmware  before this when I plugged it isn´t recognized  by my computer ( except I pressed the button)

If the board is recognized in MFDeploy when you push the button, that means that TinyCLR isn't able to enumerate on your PC. There are a few reasons that could be happening. The first thing I'd try to do is "erase" the current app in MFDeploy when you're in the TinyBooter mode (press-and-hold the pushbutton while plugging in your board to get it into this mode). Then unplug your Netduino and see if it can boot alright. The other thing I'd try to do is flash the 4.1.0.6 firmware on your board--to see if you can get things working with the older firmware. The version of SAM-BA shouldn't matter, as long as when you do the last "verify" step everything verifies okay. Especially if TinyBooter is then running...you know that you're up and running. If none of that works, we'll want to go step by step through the reflash process with screenshots so we can see exactly what you're doing...and then repeat with the driver installation. Finally--I just want to make sure: you're not running this inside a VM, correct? Chris

#103 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:01 AM

Hi mohammad,

I upgraded the firmware of my Netduino Plus from 4.1.0.6 to the new firmware introduced in this thread. Now, I am writing something on a 4GB MicroSD, but I faced with the following errors. Would you please help me solve this problem?

What line of code is triggering the exception? The core SD code was updated quite a bit in NETMF 4.2. There's a possibility that the old code (designed for <=2GB cards) happened to work with the card...but that the new code (also designed for <= 2GB cards) somehow lost that. Regardless of that...if we can narrow down the line you're seeing the exception on, we can provide some guidance from there. BTW, does this happen if you use a lower-capacity card? Chris

#104 mohammad

mohammad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for your reply and your attention.

The line I get those exceptions is this one:

mem = new FileStream(path, FileMode.Append, FileAccess.Write, FileShare.None, 512);

In addition, I didn't try it with any lower-capacity card.

Cheers,

Mohammad

#105 Paul Newton

Paul Newton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, UK

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

Just updated my first Netduino plus 1 to v4.2.

I found a nice you tube walk through by "filear" not sure if he is a forum member.........

Thanks filear.

Filear's walk through was actually for a Netduino not a plus, and so he did not show setting the MAC address.

I was caught out by the slight difference in setting the MAC and IP address: as Chirs pointed out in the first post, after loading the firmware, you have to press the button on the Netduino plus while you plug in the USB, otherwise MFDeploy v4.2 can't access the network configuration.

One down, two to go!

Paul - everyone else will be on v5 before I get these all updated.

#106 soloelectronico

soloelectronico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

Hello soloelectronico,If the board is recognized in MFDeploy when you push the button, that means that TinyCLR isn't able to enumerate on your PC. There are a few reasons that could be happening.

The first thing I'd try to do is "erase" the current app in MFDeploy when you're in the TinyBooter mode (press-and-hold the pushbutton while plugging in your board to get it into this mode). Then unplug your Netduino and see if it can boot alright.

The other thing I'd try to do is flash the 4.1.0.6 firmware on your board--to see if you can get things working with the older firmware.

The version of SAM-BA shouldn't matter, as long as when you do the last "verify" step everything verifies okay. Especially if TinyBooter is then running...you know that you're up and running.

If none of that works, we'll want to go step by step through the reflash process with screenshots so we can see exactly what you're doing...and then repeat with the driver installation.

Finally--I just want to make sure: you're not running this inside a VM, correct?

Chris

I'm trying to flash Netduino Plus to 4.2.0.1 to work with
windows 8 since two ot  three  weeks ago 
with no solution( I  tried  in three PC’s)

I'm using the latest SAM-BA (2.12 + patch )  from http://www.atmel.com...PROGRAMMER.aspx

This is the things that I have:

1)  
 I erase
my Netduino by applying 3V3 power to the gold ERASE pad

2)  
 I change
the driver to Atmel/drv to work with COM10

3)  
I Connect the Netduino Plus to my PC

4)  
I launch SAM-BA

5)  
 I Select the serial port (COM port) the
Netduino is connected to, I select the right chip(at91sam7x512-ek.) and  I click "Connect "

First, I  select "Boot from Flash (GPNVM2)"
and click on "Execute".

I need to do the same
with the "Enable Flash access"-script.

In the
"Flash"-tab,  in "Send
File Name"  I select the
"TinyBooterDecompressor.bin" file found in the Netduino Firmware ZIP
file  ( for Netdiuno
Plus  4.2.0 Update1/stable/Netduino Plus   from  http://wiki.netduino.com/Firmware.ashx
)and  I click
"Send File”

Then we get a message
about unlocked regions. and I click
"yes”

I compare sent file with memory and it’s all ok

I close the SAM-BA tool and test if it's
actually done.

I  reconnect the Netduino and start MFDeploy.exe,
I select USB and the Netduino Plus, and then I click Ping.

I  click "Browse" and  I select both the ER_CONFIG and ER_FLASH files
from firmaware  of 4.2.0.1.(I hold down
the "CTRL" key to select the second file)

When both files are
selected I click Deploy,. This may take a while..

When finish the flashing  I try to ping but don’t response and netduino
it isn’t recognize neither

If  I  reconect the Netduino when  I
press  the button  is recognize

Because  in .NET MF
4.2, I need to put the board into TinyBooter mode to change the network
settings, I do this, pressing and holdig  the pushbutton while plugging in the Netduino
Plus to the PC. Then I  release the
pushbutton and change the network settings.

I  Select the Target
> Configuration > Networking menu. Re-enter mi IP address settings and
MAC address.

If I  enter bootloader mode (I disconnect
the USB cable to the netduino and  I
reconnect the USB cable whilst holding the button down) the
netduino  plus is recognize  but I 
connect the netduino  it’s not
recognize ( the  TinyCLR isn't able to enumerate on my  PC’s )

I try  this:.

The first thing I'd
try to do is "erase" the current app in MFDeploy when you're in the
TinyBooter mode (press-and-hold the pushbutton while plugging in your board to
get it into this mode). Then unplug your Netduino and see if it can boot alright.

-à but no work

I try this:

The other thing I'd try to do is flash the 4.1.0.6
firmware on your board--to see if you can get things working with the older
firmware.

à but no work

Finally--I just want to make sure: you're not
running this inside a VM, correct?

è
NO , I’m running  Windows 8( but I’ve try this in Windows XP and
Windows 7 and in the last passs when I reconect teh Netduino  it isn’t reconize in Windows ( except if I
press the button when I connect the usb)

#107 Paul Newton

Paul Newton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, UK

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

The instructions I followed said to click NO to the locking regions dialog. That might make a difference when subsequently usibg MFdeploy.exe Paul

#108 soloelectronico

soloelectronico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

Hello soloelectronico,If the board is recognized in MFDeploy when you push the button, that means that TinyCLR isn't able to enumerate on your PC. There are a few reasons that could be happening. The first thing I'd try to do is "erase" the current app in MFDeploy when you're in the TinyBooter mode (press-and-hold the pushbutton while plugging in your board to get it into this mode). Then unplug your Netduino and see if it can boot alright. The other thing I'd try to do is flash the 4.1.0.6 firmware on your board--to see if you can get things working with the older firmware. The version of SAM-BA shouldn't matter, as long as when you do the last "verify" step everything verifies okay. Especially if TinyBooter is then running...you know that you're up and running. If none of that works, we'll want to go step by step through the reflash process with screenshots so we can see exactly what you're doing...and then repeat with the driver installation. Finally--I just want to make sure: you're not running this inside a VM, correct? Chris

Hello  Chris  , thanks for youy help

If I  enter bootloader mode (I disconnect the USB cable to the netduino and   reconnect the USB cable whilst holding the button down) the netduino  plus is recognize In Windws8   but if I connect the netduino directly it is not recognize by Windows and  I can't deploy new sw ( the  TinyCLR isn't able to enumerate on my  PC’s )

I try  this:. The first thing I'd try to do is "erase" the current app in MFDeploy when I'm in the TinyBooter mode (press-and-hold the pushbutton while plugging in your board to get it into this mode). Then unplug my Netduino and see if it can boot alright. --->  no work

I try this: The other thing I'd try to do is flash the 4.1.0.6 firmware on your board--to see if you can get things working with the older firmware. -->no work

Finally--I just want to make sure: you're not running this inside a VM, correct?

---->NO , I’m running Windows 8( but I’ve try  flashing   in Windows XP and Windows 7) Always happen the same: in the last passs when I reconect teh Netduino  it isn’t reconize in Windows ( except if I press the button when I connect the usb)

I've a document (in Msword)  with all he screens but I can't atach it to this quote ...

#109 soloelectronico

soloelectronico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

The instructions I followed said to click NO to the locking regions dialog. That might make a difference when subsequently usibg MFdeploy.exe Paul

When I  try to flash to 4.2.0.1 the question with  samba v-12 is if I want to  unlock ...

#110 nickfenlon

nickfenlon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

Upgrade from MF4.1 to 4.2 gone horibly wrong on Netduino Plus!!! Please help.

Ok so after just one day of using my Netduino Plus, I decided to upgrade to MF4.2 so I can code in VB.

Started by following this: http://wiki.netduino...ep-by-step.ashx

But then realised I needed to install TinyBooterDecompressor as per these instructions: http://wiki.netduino...ep-by-step.ashx

Had a lot of trouble on Win7 64bit when trying to connect to the device with SAM-BA. Couldn't select any com port in the drop down box so coundn't connect to the device to re-flash.... Moved the whole setup over to an XP 32bit machine and found I was able to connect via the correct com port.  I got the TinyBooterDecompressor flashed on and now the Netduino appears as it should in the Device manager.

https://dl.dropbox.c...1562481/xx1.JPG

Now the problem I have is that when I run MFDeply I cant find my device to connect to in the drop down box!!!!!

https://dl.dropbox.c...1562481/xx2.JPG

I've fully gone through this thread and I've tried this on both XP & Win7. I've tried erasing the flash in SAM-BA. I've tried using the other set of drivers in the mfusb folder as well as the winusb drivers.

I cannot get any good of this and now I'm about the microwave my Netduino!!!!!!!!!!

Please please please can anyone help?

Thanks

#111 Paul Newton

Paul Newton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, UK

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

When I  try to flash to 4.2.0.1 the question with  samba v-12 is if I want to  unlock ...

Hi,

I just updated my second Netduino Plus v1 to v4.2.0.1 firmware.

Attached is the SAM-BA dialog. I am using SAM-BA v2.12.

My one is asking if I want to lock the regions, to which I click "No".

Perhaps we are talking about different dialogs?

Hope this helps - Paul

Attached Files

#112 Paul Newton

Paul Newton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, UK

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

I cannot get any good of this and now I'm about the microwave my Netduino!!!!!!!!!!

Please please please can anyone help?

Thanks

Hi Nick,

I followed this you tube walk through by "filear".

Much nicer to watch someone do it - than read about it.

You might spot something you have done differently.

The video does not cover setting the IP and MAC addresses since filear was using a Netduino (not a plus).

Hope this helps - Paul

#113 nickfenlon

nickfenlon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Paul Newton, you legend! That was exactly it, all I need to see was that one little thing.

Originally when I followed this tutorial, I didn't know where "MFDeploy" was coming from so I googled it and downloaded it from Microsoft. Watching the video you recommended I noticed that the guy was running MFDeploy from his MF4.2 installation!!! That was the Key.

The standalone MFDeploy didn't see my Netduino. The Version that's bundled with the Micro Framework did!!!!!!! I'm up and running again.

This not withstanding, I did still have problems with SAM-BA running on Win7.

#114 Paul Newton

Paul Newton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, UK

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Glad to help. Remember to give filear a like on youtube. Still not sure if he is a member here... I'm not sure about being a legend - I think I would have to be older and dead for that ;-) Paul

#115 OmegaNine

OmegaNine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

So is this for the plus or the normal?  I bricked my Netduino following these directions.  I just noticed the topic says Netduino but the file says "NetduinoPlus".  So now i don't know what the heck to think.  I am getting the "COM GPS Detect" driver thing, really wishing I just left good enough alone, the thing is 3 days old and a I fear a brick now :P

#116 ToniA

ToniA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

You need to use SAM-BA to load in the boot loader: http://wiki.netduino...ep-by-step.ashx

#117 jwjames83

jwjames83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

So is this for the plus or the normal?  I bricked my Netduino following these directions.  I just noticed the topic says Netduino but the file says "NetduinoPlus".  So now i don't know what the heck to think.  I am getting the "COM GPS Detect" driver thing, really wishing I just left good enough alone, the thing is 3 days old and a I fear a brick now :P

The title "Netduino Plus Firmware v4.2.0 (update 1)" should be read as "Netduino Plus Firmware" not "Netduino and Firmware". ;)

#118 Andre Trollip

Andre Trollip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationGauteng, South Africa

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

Hi Guys,

I have a bit of a problem. I was following the instructions of this first post and I got to 1. Erase your Netduino by applying 3V3 power to the gold ERASE pad

Then MFDeploy did not want to "see" my Netduino anymore. No matter what I tried, I coulcn't get it to communicate with the device. Tried rebotting etc.

Then I downloaded Sam-ba to see if I can get that to work. On Sam-ba, when I select my chip and click connect, the window just closes and nothing else happens.

So now I have a N+ that doesn't work and I don't know what to try next. Any help will be appreciated!

#119 ToniA

ToniA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:10 AM

You have to get SAM-BA working, that's the only way to flash the bootloader. Could you try a different computer?

#120 mohammad

mohammad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:47 AM

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for your reply and your attention.

The line I get those exceptions is this one:

mem = new FileStream(path, FileMode.Append, FileAccess.Write, FileShare.None, 512);

In addition, I didn't try it with any lower-capacity card.

Cheers,

Mohammad

Hi all,

The problem was solved by Micro SD 2GB. It seems the Firmware 4.2.0.X doesn't know the Mirco SD 4GB and up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.