This upgrade is being provided for all Netduino hardware, both the traditional Netduinos and the new Netduino Go.
This exciting new release includes a number of major enhancements over .NET MF 4.1:
- 50% more RAM for Netduino Plus (42KB vs 28KB)
- Visual Basic support
- New WinUSB drivers (for those who had ocassional BSODs)
- StringBuilder and other new classes
- New core AnalogInput and PWM classes
- Garbage collector bugfixes
- More bugfixes; see netmf.codeplex.com
Instructions and downloads:
NETMF and Netduino 4.2 SDK Upgrade
Netduino v4.2.0 RTM firmware
Netduino Plus v4.2.0 RTM firmware
Netduino Mini v4.2.0 RTM firmware
The downloads, including all the source code, are also available on the Downloads page.
One final note: .NET MF 4.2 includes new AnalogInput and PWM classes. You can continue using the legacy SecretLabs AnalogInput and PWM classes by importing the new SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Analog.dll and SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.PWM.dll assemblies. You will need to use the fully qualified "namespace + class name" notation. More information is available on the SDK Upgrade post.
Please let us know how the new software works for you!
Thank you for belonging to the Netduino community,