Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Firmware v4.2.0 RC4 (Netduino + Netduino Plus)

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#41 x893

x893

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

Install succeefully after read more info

#42 Miguel Alho

Miguel Alho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

I'm having a strange problem. I've installed both 4.2 SDKs and the RC4 FW on my Netduino. I'm trying to write a small program to write to an SD card, to test out that feature, but I can't reference the SecretLabs.NETMF.IO, neither from the Extensions list in the Add Reference Dialog, not by trying to add it from Assemblies\v4.2 directory. I alwys get a message saying that it is "incompatible with .NET Micro Framework v4.2.0.0".

It askes to target the project to a compatible framework first, but the project is already targeting v4.2. ANy workarounds or tips to fix this?

Posted Image

#43 Damon

Damon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

I was upgrading to 4.2 and particulary following these instructions: http://wiki.netduino....ashx?HL=sam,ba I cannot get any of the sam-ba programs to load correctly. It looks like I get driver loaded on the 2 windows 7 machines I have tried. I also have 'changed' the installed driver on an xp machine to a virtual com driver. However on all of these machines ,when I try to load sam-ba (tried both the vista and xp versions) asks for port and processor (which I set appropriately) and the application goes away. It is still loaded in memory but no ui every appears. My question is, is there a way to hack it back to like or is it a brick? The usb response makes me believe I should be able to fix it. Thanks, Damon

#44 Magpie

Magpie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationAustralia (south island)

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:12 AM

Hi

I have done some testing of my webserver in RC4.

For the first time I think I have a solid server!

I did 6000 page requests over 24 hours within my home LAN.
My home LAN has on printer doing regular udp broadcasts but no video server.
The pages from served from the Netduino were mostly direct from the SD card (css, javascript) but 20% were output through c# .

I can do Text file uploads too. (Not binary alas)

No memory leaks, no errors that I know of.

But when I requested pages with a browser external to my LAN, I soon have a Netduino crash.
I am wondering that there may be issues at the TCP level with out of order packets or acknowledgements etc.
STEFF Shield High Powered Led Driver shield.

#45 Robert L.

Robert L.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:47 AM

when I requested pages with a browser external to my LAN, I soon have a Netduino crash.
I am wondering that there may be issues at the TCP level with out of order packets or acknowledgements etc.

I am operating the N+ board as a web client, rather than a web server. In my tests, RC4 is *much* more stable than RC3 was. In my current test with a local server, the N+ has been running for 4.5 days with transactions occurring every 10 seconds. That's over 35,000 packets without the N+ crashing. When running RC3, I never saw more than 1 day of continuous running using this test. A second site, which is exchanging packets with a server 2000 miles away is also showing more reliability, with the latest sequence still going strong after 3 hours of up time.

I believe that there are still issues with N+ networking, but I am excited to see how much progress has been made.

#46 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:07 AM

Hi Miguel,

It askes to target the project to a compatible framework first, but the project is already targeting v4.2. ANy workarounds or tips to fix this?

Are you using a Netduino or Netduino Plus?

Chris

#47 j0mich01

j0mich01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

Hey Chris, I have recently purchased a Netduino+ and I am interfacing with some analog sensors. I saw some posts a while back about some possible issues with Ethernet interrupts causing some analog value errors. Does this version have any fixes for that?

#48 Damon

Damon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

I ordered another board concerned that I had 'bricked' this one. I followed the same procedure and achieved the same result (Please do not bring up the insanity definition). I am going to my clean xp installation and trying again. Any insight from anyone would be helpful.

I was upgrading to 4.2 and particulary following these instructions:
http://wiki.netduino....ashx?HL=sam,ba I cannot get any of the sam-ba programs to load correctly. It looks like I get driver loaded on the 2 windows 7 machines I have tried. I also have 'changed' the installed driver on an xp machine to a virtual com driver. However on all of these machines ,when I try to load sam-ba (tried both the vista and xp versions) asks for port and processor (which I set appropriately) and the application goes away. It is still loaded in memory but no ui every appears. My question is, is there a way to hack it back to like or is it a brick? The usb response makes me believe I should be able to fix it.

Thanks,
Damon

#49 WPtE

WPtE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:54 PM

I ordered another board concerned that I had 'bricked' this one. I followed the same procedure and achieved the same result (Please do not bring up the insanity definition). I am going to my clean xp installation and trying again. Any insight from anyone would be helpful.

Hey!
I had some problems with this process as well. I even tried in linux without any luck.
What solved it for me was uninstalling the netduino drivers completely (actually removing them) and followed these steps: http://wiki.netduino...y-Netduino.ashx
windows automatically detected the netduino as a com port. the drivers they talk about on the wiki (in case it doesnt work) don't work however... windows 7 x64 tells me they're not compatible.
but yeah... I wonder why atmel doesn't bother making 64bit drivers... <_<

#50 Damon

Damon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:18 AM

I would like to suggest an admin move this thread. I did not start it in the right place I don't think.

Hey!
I had some problems with this process as well. I even tried in linux without any luck.
What solved it for me was uninstalling the netduino drivers completely (actually removing them) and followed these steps: http://wiki.netduino...y-Netduino.ashx
windows automatically detected the netduino as a com port. the drivers they talk about on the wiki (in case it doesnt work) don't work however... windows 7 x64 tells me they're not compatible.
but yeah... I wonder why atmel doesn't bother making 64bit drivers... <_<

I powered the n+ from usb for all of this.

I have tried removing the driver. Windows 7 Installs a new one from the update site each time I reinsert the device.
Posted Image
I have used both SAM-BA non CDC from AT91-ISP v1.13 and SAM-BA-CDC from sam-ba_2.9_cdc_xp_vista package.

This has also been tried on my work windows 7 pc and tested in XP mode (mapping the port to the virtual one of xp mode)

I have also tried this from an xp machine fresh install. The xp machine recognized the usb board as an amtel devel board. I went in and manually set it to a usb to serial emulator that was part of the same driver.

All of these tests result in the application loading and asking for port and cpu. I select them and the first window closes but I never see the second (main) window. The application is running in background. Sometimes it is consuming significant cpu but most times not.

I am at a loss since I have tried two boards, few oses and three pc's.

I would love to send a board to someone and ensure they can get the board flashed so I know it is a pc issue on my side. I would also appreciate any more feedback as to what to try.

#51 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:28 AM

Hi Damon, If you device is showing up as a GPS Camera Detect (serial port), you need to force Windows to use the Atmel driver (in \Program Files\ATMEL Corporation\sam-ba_2.11\drv) instead. Chris

#52 ColinR

ColinR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationCape Town, South Africa

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:14 AM

If you device is showing up as a GPS Camera Detect (serial port), you need to force Windows to use the Atmel driver

Really?? My Netduino has always shown up as a GPS Camera Detect when changing the bootloader!

#53 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:18 AM

Really?? My Netduino has always shown up as a GPS Camera Detect when changing the bootloader!

It may work that way with certain versions of Atmel SAM-BA (such as SAM-BA CDC), but I would recommend always using the Atmel drivers.

Chris

#54 couchounou

couchounou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

Hi What about AppDomain is there any way to load assembly from SD with this RC ?

#55 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

Hi couchounou, I believe that AppDomain support is back in this RC. If you test it out, please let us know your results! Chris

#56 couchounou

couchounou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:01 AM

Hi couchounou,

I believe that AppDomain support is back in this RC. If you test it out, please let us know your results!

Chris

Yes it was an error from my side, Appdomain works well on simple app.

Thanks

#57 Damon

Damon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:21 AM

Hi Damon,

If you device is showing up as a GPS Camera Detect (serial port), you need to force Windows to use the Atmel driver (in \Program Files\ATMEL Corporation\sam-ba_2.11\drv) instead.

Chris

This post provided the solution to my issue. I was using the older 2.10 (and 2.9) software pointed to in the wiki. I noticed in your post you were using 2.11. I registered, downloaded, replaced the driver and now have a fuctional Netduino w/4.2 mf on it. Thanks for all the help and a great product. I told my son the other day this device is engineering geek heaven. I also took the liberty of updating the wiki page but have left it in draft for so someone can verify if they are in agreement with the changes.

#58 Zoot

Zoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

Hi
On 4.2 RC4 , (Netduino Plus) have a problem with

StorageDevice.MountSD("SD", SPI.SPI_module.SPI1, Pins.GPIO_PIN_D10);
which gives me a System.NotSupportedException on all cards.

If I call
StorageDevice.Unmount("SD");
before mount I get a System.ArgumentException

How/When should I call these commands?

After looking in to it
This is almost certainly because I am using an old SecretLabs.NETMF.IO.dll

Where can I get another one?
I looked on codeplex but the only versions of software I found there were dated last year.

p.s. I looked around for the latest sdks and installed those over the top too.
Thanks

Hi everyone.

I'm having the same problem as Magpie is having above, only with a standard Netduino. I've checked all of the versions of software and dlls, but the board will not talk to the SD Card. These are the debug messages that I get:

A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.IOException' occurred in SecretLabs.NETMF.IO.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.IOException' occurred in SecretLabs.NETMF.IO.dll

Anybody have any ideas? I'm baffled.

-Z

#59 Zoot

Zoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

Sorry for the double post, but just to add, I'm not having any of the BSOD issues, or any lockups when deploying. I'm running Win 7 x64 with the 4.2 RC4 firmware.

#60 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

Hi Zoot, What kind of SD card are you using? The SD drivers in .NET MF 4.2 have been updated quite a bit, and some cards that worked before may not work now (we may need to patch the drivers again). Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.