Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

teachop's Content

There have been 44 items by teachop (Search limited from 01-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#7071 Any Netduino Plus Stock

Posted by teachop on 05 January 2011 - 02:08 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Got one of those from Amazon. They have one left in stock ;)

I see them in stock now. Put an order on Amazon for one...

#7020 Any Netduino Plus Stock

Posted by teachop on 04 January 2011 - 11:20 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Got one of those from Amazon. They have one left in stock ;)

Nice. I don't see any listings for Netduino Plus on Amazon, only Netduino and Netduino Mini. Can you post a direct link?

#6940 Any Netduino Plus Stock

Posted by teachop on 03 January 2011 - 10:58 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

you should see them in stock at some local resellers this week and next.

Thank you - will keep checking. For some, Netduino allows experience in C#, .NET, Visual Studio, to be put to work in embedded apps. But I am the other way around, and with this learning C#, .NET, VS, building off familiar embedded territory. Good stuff.

#6918 Any Netduino Plus Stock

Posted by teachop on 03 January 2011 - 05:29 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I have been watching Maker Shed and a few other spots. Anybody know where|when these are in stock in the USA?

#12044 Atmel AVR Studio 5

Posted by teachop on 12 April 2011 - 10:14 PM in General Discussion

I was bummed Atmel did this. This is for both AVR and AVR32. The AVR32 Studio version prior was based on eclipse, and was thus cross platform. Not now. Also I tried the beta and it didn't go so well. Meh...

#6546 Build error 0x80131700

Posted by teachop on 26 December 2010 - 10:29 PM in Visual Studio

Trying to build my first Netduino mini application (the LED blink example), I get one error Description = 0x80131700 File = MMP Anybody, can you point me in the right direction on how to get help on this? I don't know Visual Studio well, being mostly an embedded programmer.

#6557 Build error 0x80131700

Posted by teachop on 27 December 2010 - 12:47 AM in Visual Studio

Thank you, CW2 and Chris Walker, that nailed it. We have achieved blinky. Now for some fun...

#8172 Component locations

Posted by teachop on 23 January 2011 - 02:45 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I still think it would be nice for a hobby board to have a .pdf of the component locations on the downloads page...

#8100 Component locations

Posted by teachop on 22 January 2011 - 12:22 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Individual component identifiers are not in the Netduino Plus silkscreen, I am sure due to size, and I cannot open the .brd file. Could Secret Labs print the component locations to a PDF, looking like a typical silkscreen layer? Is that possible? It would be good to add to the downloads page, so we users can probe on the board. Thanks.

#8111 Component locations

Posted by teachop on 22 January 2011 - 06:32 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

You shouldn't ever need to probe individual components

I generally find my reasons!

If ther are no easily readable numbers on the part, it's probably either the MUX in the corner, or an SMT cap/resistor/transistor.

The resistor designators would help the most when poking about...

#9908 Enclosure Report and Pics

Posted by teachop on 20 February 2011 - 07:35 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

That looks nice. What are your plans for exit of the relay wiring? Maybe the battery door will come in handy as an access door for that, if they go to internal terminal blocks and exit thru a grommet.

#9051 FreeRTOS

Posted by teachop on 06 February 2011 - 12:03 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

ok, lwip 1.2.0 is working, just dump it to your sample folder, copy contrib and ethernetif.c from 1.1.0 folder,
make proper makefile change, it will work, no need to make any change.

Good deal. I want to try lwip next to compare with uIP, which is working well.

#9052 FreeRTOS

Posted by teachop on 06 February 2011 - 12:15 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Linux host update: SAM-BA for linux is working again with new kernels. There is a new driver called sam-ba.ko - it is in 2.6.38 kernels - I grabbed the alpha of Ubuntu Natty (which is SUPER FULL OF POTHOLES being an alpha). And guess what. Atmel SAM-BA works properly. I don't know what cross-kit they used for the GUI but it looks pretty funny in Ubuntu Gnome. Who cares, it works great. So that means good things ahead. A full toolchain in linux, except there is no debugging. What I used was eclipse + CodeSourcery lite + FreeRTOS + SAM-BA + Netduino Plus. On this thread, above I see other compilers work too. One thing I had to do to get the sam-ba driver to always load was to blacklist cdc-acm, because sometimes it would jump in there and interfere. You don't do any of the usbserial driver dance that is in the readme file any longer.

#8699 FreeRTOS

Posted by teachop on 30 January 2011 - 06:25 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

FreeRTOS builds fine for the Netduino Plus under Ubuntu Linux as well. The same toolchain, gcc CodeSourcery lite, with eclipse as the IDE (no jtag). Of course SAM-ba is a pain - it works best for me to run it in VirtualBox+XP. Under linux there are a couple case-sensitive edits, only two, to get the first time build to go. If interested, find attached the list of what tweaks got this setup to work on both Vista and Ubuntu.

Attached Files

#9450 FreeRTOS

Posted by teachop on 13 February 2011 - 09:56 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks for the offer, will try again next weekend. I am using CodeSourcery on Linux for the toolchain, so will write something to fill those gaps and add it to syscalls.

My Netduino Plus is on "temporary deployment" (FreeRTOS+uIP, which is solid) trying to impress my wife turning stuff off and on from the phone. She wasn't.

The best was when I built our alarm clock from an AVR. Her response - "Is that what you have been doing?" Sigh...

#9373 FreeRTOS

Posted by teachop on 12 February 2011 - 08:56 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

ok, lwip-1.3.0 is working.

Rats, I didn't pull this off after an afternoon of head banging. I have undefined references to _exit _kill and _getpid so must be library issues, or need to add stuff to syscalls.c to fill the gaps. Also something about ethernetif_init that I have not gotten to.

#8282 FreeRTOS

Posted by teachop on 24 January 2011 - 10:51 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

What compiler are you using teacop? Codesourcery? Which version?

Yes, CodeSourcery lite. Used eclipse for the environment, but no debugging. Figured out a pattern so that SAM-BA works every time, at first it was a pain. I had to make some changes in the web server because it was crashing, other than that it was just stuff like LED defines, and it worked.

#8169 FreeRTOS

Posted by teachop on 23 January 2011 - 02:35 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

For entertainment, I tried FreeRTOS on the Netduino Plus using SAM-BA. The networking has flakes, but it is working. With the SAM7X demo, it acts like a USB mouse OK, prints stats via the web server, and gives control of the LED to a web page. It is easy to get the real Netduino Plus software back into it when you are done. Anybody else playing about with this, or something similar?

#8629 FreeRTOS

Posted by teachop on 28 January 2011 - 07:07 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Quick aside...should we make a "FreeRTOS and C/C++ programming" forum?

Makes sense to me, I agree use a generic name for non .NET applications, and have the FreeRTOS and NUT/OS as sub-categories, I am sure more will follow. Can you move existing FreeRTOS and NUT/OS threads under them to seed the process?

#8198 FreeRTOS

Posted by teachop on 23 January 2011 - 07:14 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Are you thinking of building anything else with FreeRTOS?

You asked, no laughing. Two current projects might fit: One is a midi solenoid-over-wind pipe organ (currently arduino), second is a physical email/gmail/snail notifier wall hanging. The second is what I bought the board for...

is FreeRTOS using lwIP or uIP?

The demo I built is uip. A few edits of the web server got it running, have not touched the stack.

#8283 FreeRTOS

Posted by teachop on 24 January 2011 - 10:57 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

The demo you built on uIP...is the networking solid now or still flaky? We've been looking at ways to get uIP up and running on the Netduino Plus.

Chris

It is stable enough, in the short time I have had it running, once it is going, it doesn't hang up. There are dropped IP packets but I don't know if that is a problem or not yet. The flakes are in the connect/disconnect ethernet. I have to 1) power the Netduino Plus, 2) connect the ethernet. If the ethernet is connected already, then it sometimes isn't working, so I need to investigate that.

#8385 FreeRTOS

Posted by teachop on 25 January 2011 - 09:16 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I got Netduino plus running with FreeRTOS 6.1.0+lwip 1.1.0, compiled with GCC-4.1 toolchain from www.gnuarm.com
with few changes.

I also tested with YAGARTO version 20100703, same code, not working. cpu hangs once network cable plugged.

Nice. Was very interested in your compiler experiences. I used CodeSourcery lite GCC, and have not tried the others. In the demo I built, there is a look-up function in the cgi code that crashes, and I had to rewrite it. I suspect that is a compiler issue as well. Other than that it was just, like you experienced, configuration details.

All in all, FreeRTOS+CodeSourcery+eclipse on Netduino Plus is looking pretty good, and I suppose I can live with SAM-BA! It seems my first Netduino Plus project will be without a .net. This will give performance and easy access to the irqs. You can't beat the hardware feature set for the price (wish there was a JTAG though).

I have not tried to get the SD card going with FAT file system yet on FreeRTOS, have you worked on that at all?

#13150 MFDeploy: Deployment Status "Executing Application"

Posted by teachop on 12 May 2011 - 12:38 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

1) When deploying the new beta firmware, MFDeploy gets to the stage "Executing Application" and then hangs there. Is it finished? I try hitting "Cancel" but the only things that works is unplugging the USB.

2) Any hints on getting the MFDeploy menu "Target->Configuration->Network" to come up? I click that and then MFDeploy just hangs... If I unplug the USB at that point, I get a message "Device has old or unsupported configuration"

This is interesting, I have seen these same issues repeatedly, and assumed it was because I am running on XP in VirtualBox. Guess not related to the VM after all. Do you ever get hangs or crashes from a normal solution deploy from within Visual Studio?

#7911 Micro Framework

Posted by teachop on 19 January 2011 - 03:06 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Sorry if this is a dumb question. In going through the documentation for the 4.1 .net micro framework, how should I determine which features are actually implemented in the Netduino Plus?

#10001 Netduino Plus / AT91SAM7X-EK compatibility

Posted by teachop on 22 February 2011 - 05:26 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I tried to compile and load the IAR "basic-emac-uip-helloworld-project" example and... it works! :D

The FreeRTOS uIP example for the at91sam7x-ek also works with only a few tweaks (am using the GNU compiler). Was able to bring in parts of other examples and get what I needed for USB, ethernet, web server, and I/O. Have not worked on SD card yet because my current project doesn't need it.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.