Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Component locations

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 teachop

teachop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:22 PM

Individual component identifiers are not in the Netduino Plus silkscreen, I am sure due to size, and I cannot open the .brd file. Could Secret Labs print the component locations to a PDF, looking like a typical silkscreen layer? Is that possible? It would be good to add to the downloads page, so we users can probe on the board. Thanks.

#2 Chris Seto

Chris Seto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:07 PM

You shouldn't ever need to probe individual components on the board. That said, the Eagle files are b0rked for me too. Otherwise, most of the components are easily identified by their part numbers. If ther are no easily readable numbers on the part, it's probably either the MUX in the corner, or an SMT cap/resistor/transistor.

#3 teachop

teachop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:32 PM

You shouldn't ever need to probe individual components

I generally find my reasons!

If ther are no easily readable numbers on the part, it's probably either the MUX in the corner, or an SMT cap/resistor/transistor.

The resistor designators would help the most when poking about...

#4 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

...and I cannot open the .brd file.

You can open the .brd files in Cadence Allegro FREE Physical Viewer (requires registration, though).

#5 phantomtypist

phantomtypist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:45 PM

The .brd files are four layers. I believe "most" free applications like the free Eagle version only open up two layer board files.

#6 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:48 PM

The .brd files are four layers. I believe "most" free applications like the free Eagle version only open up two layer board files.

Unfortunately, Eagle cannot open those .brd files at all, they have completely different format.

#7 teachop

teachop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 02:45 PM

I still think it would be nice for a hobby board to have a .pdf of the component locations on the downloads page...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.