Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Michel Trahan's Content

There have been 155 items by Michel Trahan (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#21745 My Netduino CNC Machine

Posted by Michel Trahan on 16 December 2011 - 01:04 AM in Project Showcase

I actually ended up writing a craplet to spit out some g code to do what I needed (drill a hole every .5 inches along the x and y axis in a 12"x12" board.
-dan

I was learning AUTOCAD 2012 and switch to INVENTOR 2012, and doing what you need takes about 3 minutes ... you should look into it !

#21728 My Netduino CNC Machine

Posted by Michel Trahan on 15 December 2011 - 04:50 PM in Project Showcase

I so want one of these! I wish I had a garage! :D

Chris

Join the club ;) lol

#11527 Quad.Net Quadrocopter for .NETMF

Posted by Michel Trahan on 31 March 2011 - 05:20 PM in Project Showcase

https://code.google.com/p/quadnet/

Where is the code ? How do we get access to it ? I like the plug and play framework philosophy and want to build a netduino quadcopter with kalman filters for stability ... I want to contribute too but you guys are way ahead of me ... I just started !

So how can I get the code ?

#12547 Driverless PC<->Netduino communication using USB

Posted by Michel Trahan on 28 April 2011 - 02:10 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

You can also erase your Netduino using the erase pad...and then redeploy the bootloader using Atmel SAM-BA and the firmware using MFDeploy...all using USB.

Should I install v4.1.1 beta firmware even if I only have an ordinary netduino ?

#12542 Driverless PC<->Netduino communication using USB

Posted by Michel Trahan on 27 April 2011 - 09:33 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

You know ... this is dangerous for someone who reads too fast ... I tried it without having a rs232 shield for the netduino and now it won't communicate with the pc ... What are the steps ? 1- Buy the RS232 Shield 2- Place it on top and connect usb-rs232 cable to it and the computer 3- ReDeploy something else using serial 4- then everything should be back ok ? Mike and his errors ...

#12579 Driverless PC<->Netduino communication using USB

Posted by Michel Trahan on 28 April 2011 - 12:52 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

You can also erase your Netduino using the erase pad...and then redeploy the bootloader using Atmel SAM-BA and the firmware using MFDeploy...all using USB.

Great News everyone, Terry Massey found a new way to get out of this mess. FOLLOW THIS PROCEDURE TO THE LETTER :

Prepare everything since time is of the essence.

1- Have your netduino with the mini usb connected to it but not to the computer (leave the usb connection near the ports)
2- Start MFDeploy.exe, select USB as the transport (the combobox will be empty, and that is ok)
3- Put the mouse over the "erase" button on MFDeploy.exe

Once you are ready do this :

1- Press and hold the push button on the netduino for the whole procedure (leave it pushed at all times)
2- Plug the USB to the computer
3- You should see the combobox in MFDeploy.exe contain your usb port
4- Press as fast as you can the "erase" button on MFDeploy.exe
5- You can now release the push button on the netduino

If it worked, you should get a message asking if you are sure you want to erase the software on the netduino. This will only delete de software, not the bootloader :)

You can now deploy some other application while waiting for you RS232 shield and try the HID again :)

THANKS TERRY !

#11528 Driverless PC<->Netduino communication using USB

Posted by Michel Trahan on 31 March 2011 - 05:36 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

It made me think ... could it be used to connect multiple netduinos and perform heartbeat check on each other for redundancy ? Mike.

#12051 Easy multiplexing with the Netduino

Posted by Michel Trahan on 13 April 2011 - 03:23 AM in Project Showcase

The schematics are made with the free tool Fritzing. Should also be mentioned since the tool is a great help!

Great Tool, THANKS FOR SHARING (Sorry about the caps but this is exciting to me !)

#12794 .NET Gadgeteer availibility

Posted by Michel Trahan on 03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM in General Discussion

Where is the Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer SDK ? Visual Studio Templates and all ...

#12768 .NET Gadgeteer availibility

Posted by Michel Trahan on 02 May 2011 - 10:18 PM in General Discussion

I Want one !

#11498 .NET Gadgeteer availibility

Posted by Michel Trahan on 31 March 2011 - 02:13 AM in General Discussion

there are some exciting tidbits in there that will be fun surprises. :)

I'm anxious to play with it ! I'll keep a budget for that !

#12316 Netduino servo class

Posted by Michel Trahan on 21 April 2011 - 04:11 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Why not push this to the sandbox.netduino.com ? the projects wiki ? Thanks for sharing :)

#12624 HT1632 interface (alpha)

Posted by Michel Trahan on 28 April 2011 - 11:24 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I'll have to try this out :)

#12440 Netduino for beginners - Gentle introduction with basic electronic project

Posted by Michel Trahan on 23 April 2011 - 04:59 PM in Project Showcase

Sorry but you lost my interest at page 2 ... many variable names and no reference to it ... not for me

#12950 Open Source uIP porting project

Posted by Michel Trahan on 08 May 2011 - 03:39 PM in General Discussion

3 Cheers for Szymon and Hanzibal :) I'm too much of a newbie to even think of trying ... (and too lazy Stefan would add LOL)

#13236 Open Source uIP porting project

Posted by Michel Trahan on 13 May 2011 - 04:10 PM in General Discussion

What can I do ? Already following (Zoner42) and looking at the docs ... need directives please :)

#12989 Open Source uIP porting project

Posted by Michel Trahan on 09 May 2011 - 01:39 AM in General Discussion

Here is a list of all modules: Protothreads Local continuations Applications DNS resolver SMTP E-mail sender Hello, world Web client Web server The uIP TCP/IP stack uIP configuration functions uIP initialization functions uIP device driver functions uIP application functions uIP conversion functions Variables used in uIP device drivers uIP Address Resolution Protocol uIP TCP throughput booster hack Architecture specific uIP functions Configuration options for uIP Timer library Clock interface Protosockets library Memory block management functions What do we attack first ?

#12978 Open Source uIP porting project

Posted by Michel Trahan on 09 May 2011 - 12:08 AM in General Discussion

:D That was a comment when you said: "I'll just let you figure it out so I can download the code" :P

I know, I was having mileage on it lol I have a good work load and still manage to play with the netduino :) I see myself more as an integrator anyway :)

And the main reason hanzibal would probably the lack of a netduino plus :( or an ethernet shield for my netduino ! I can look at the code that exist that we need to translate ... ok I'll check the link, you got me convinced :) but keep the keyboard for someone who wants it :)

#13614 Anybody interested in a cheap IMU?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 25 May 2011 - 05:52 PM in General Discussion

We are going to make our initial board run of 9 boards.

Do you need something more from me :)

#12696 Any help on a ParallelIn SerialOut Bitshifter?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 30 April 2011 - 04:02 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi Stefan, I looked at your code for bitshifter ... cool :) How can we integrate it with microliquidcrystal lcd class ? It is a question of integrating a new transport but I don't know how to do that lol And did I see correctly, you re-read all pins for each pin status read ? wonder why ! Keep the good work ! Check this link : http://geekswithblog...id_crystal.aspx A sample with connections and code would be cool ! Mike.

#11597 Anybody interested in a cheap IMU?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 02 April 2011 - 08:00 PM in General Discussion

Still new at all this but thinking of buying a couple of sensors to play with to understand what is at stake ... I liked the idea of having a 9dof sensor :) I'll add a GPS, Temperature and Barometer. Any good altimeter around ? And a few proximity sensors (for autonomous flying) ... Still need paypal prepayment of 40$ ? PM me ! Mike.

#11587 Anybody interested in a cheap IMU?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 02 April 2011 - 04:47 PM in General Discussion

Any left ? Mike.

#12161 Anybody interested in a cheap IMU?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 17 April 2011 - 01:02 AM in General Discussion

Any updates ?

#12707 Any help on a ParallelIn SerialOut Bitshifter?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 30 April 2011 - 09:07 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Remember I gave you that link in chat once? :D

LoL me and my short term memory ...

#12585 Double prescision math lib?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 28 April 2011 - 01:47 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

It got me thinking ... We should have an application that is PC based, that talks to a netduino through IP. The PC version would display the difference (3 columns, one for the selected function PC result, one for the Netduino result and one for the differences) for input many values for a selected function (have a combobox with all the available function) (2 more columns for the time it took ?) The PC application would poll the netduino for a series of results from a given function and a given series of input values, and then display them on screen. This would allow to show the valid ranges of some functions (we do that in physics) and the cost of using them (FFT you need something fast no ?). It would also allow the library coders see the results of their implementation on the spot :) Web server on the netduino plus, PC app that talks to the netduino server showing columns (I need to learn how to do all that lol) It would be a great application for anyone that wants to use the netduino for science ... they would know right there and then what would be the cost and errors induced by using the netduino. I vote for this as a tutorial :) Anyone interested ?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.