Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Ellen's Content

There have been 65 items by Ellen (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#35966 Netduino Plus 1 Firmware v4.2.0 (update 1)

Posted by Ellen on 25 September 2012 - 02:35 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Chris, PWM problem solved in the update, servo is working fine now. Thank you. Ellen

#38488 Netduino Plus 1 Firmware v4.2.0 (update 1)

Posted by Ellen on 04 November 2012 - 10:48 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello Chris may I have your attention. We have notice that the Netduino Plus hangs when the socket.Connect is called when the internet connection is down after the N+ starts up. The only option was a reset. I have placed a full working example here: http://forums.netdui...es/page__st__20 You can run the code and on the same time stop the internet connection in your router. Then you see the error. My question, can you confirm this "bug" and do you have a workaround for it because writing to the Internet is het core of my program. Sometimes the internet connection is down here for a few minutes. I did a attempt with 4.3 beta but deploying to the N+ was without any succes.

#38543 Netduino Plus 1 Firmware v4.2.0 (update 1)

Posted by Ellen on 05 November 2012 - 08:55 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Ellen,

The best option is to use the new NETMF 4.3 release. You can use the beta SDK--but it won't change the firmware on your board. The first NETMF 4.3 beta firmware should be available this month.

Chris

Thank you Chris, we are waiting for the 4.3 beta this month. We hope the internet glitch is than solved.

@Travor, you did not install (correct) the Netduino driver, please read all the steps to install at the begin.

#33747 Netduino Plus Firmware v4.2.0

Posted by Ellen on 16 August 2012 - 08:04 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Is there in this version 4.2.0.1 support for the SD HC 8 gieg card? Dim fs As FileStream = File.Create("\jj.txt") error: An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.IOException' occurred in System.IO.dll If there is not than i can stop with finding out. gr Ellen

#33931 Netduino Plus Firmware v4.2.0

Posted by Ellen on 20 August 2012 - 07:42 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Ellen,

I just checked with Chris and tested it on my own Netduino Plus.
SDHC is not yet supported in 4.2. The only firmware it is supported in right now is 4.1.1.1 beta.

Community member Kodedaemon worked on the SDHC support in the previous release, but Microsoft has made some major changes to SD support so they must be re-evaluated.

I must say I sympathize with you, I wished SDHC support would be in this release too, but until then, you are stuck with <=2GB cards (which are still widely available and cheap btw!)

Thanks Stefan, Chris,
Now we have clearness in this case. Now i can stop thinking about what did I wrong, what didn't I see. I buy a 2gieg and let you know.
Ellen

#33712 Netduino Plus Firmware v4.2.0

Posted by Ellen on 15 August 2012 - 07:59 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Chris, You did not tell that also Netduino SDK 4.2.0.1 and .NET Micro Framework SDK v4.2Q2 is needed Without windows can not recognize the Netduino. Ellen

#33913 Netduino Plus Firmware v4.2.0

Posted by Ellen on 19 August 2012 - 06:50 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Ellen,

The .NET MF team updated the SD card drivers in .NET MF 4.2. If there are any cards which worked with 4.1.1 but aren't working with the official 4.2 release, we want to make sure we get those supported.

Can you please provide the manufacturer and model number of your card, and we'll try to get one here to test against?

Chris

It took a while....
Chris, Stefan, I start with the bottom line, There is no way that we could read or write from the mini SDcard. I think there is a lot to re-write and test in the system.dll
What we did: purchased a second N+ and a second 4 gieg mini SDcard. Just to exclude that the first N+ or card was broken.
We did test it in the most unthinkable way and code, mixed...in ...out...power recycle...format....other computer, ....you name it, we did it.
Those who have a working SDcard must see themselves as the lucky ones. If there is someone who can tell ... with these steps and program code it must go well...
Ellen

#38424 Insights into DHCP issues

Posted by Ellen on 03 November 2012 - 12:22 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Now Baxter, I can exactly tell you what is wrong.!

The Netduino will hang when you have a internet connection but after a while the IP provider stops the connection for a reason.

Do While True

Try
                Debug.Print("begin " & DateTime.Now.ToString)

OnboardLed.Write(True)

Dim IPEndPoint As New IPEndPoint(Dns.GetHostEntry("api.pachube.com").AddressList(0), 80)

Using Host As Socket = New Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp)

Host.SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel.Tcp, SocketOptionName.NoDelay, True)
                    Host.SendTimeout = 3000
                    Host.ReceiveTimeout = 1000

'WITH internet connection it wil run perfect, but now without internet (after you had a connection)'
                    '  and still on the local network then..........'

Debug.Print("WHEN INTERNET connection fails after a time, than the NETDUINO HANG!!!!")

Host.Connect(IPEndPoint)  'It will hang here.!'

Debug.Print("Oké, stil connection")

End Using

Catch ex As Exception
                Debug.Print("error " & ex.Message) 'no error will show here'
            End Try

OnboardLed.Write(False)
            Debug.Print("sleep")
            Thread.Sleep(10000)

Loop

#34718 Sending mail with a Netduino Plus

Posted by Ellen on 06 September 2012 - 07:51 AM in Project Showcase

Hi :)

Now it's possible to send mails through an SMTP server. The class doesn't have authentication yet, but it works! :D

Stefan, when do you think that authentication will be implement in this class.
I need to sent once a day some data with the netduino but the mail server ask for authentication.
Ellen

#34610 PWN classes after 4.2 firmware upgrade

Posted by Ellen on 03 September 2012 - 06:28 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Chris!
Could you verify my problem on your equipment?

Greetings

Manfred

Manfred,
I had to go back to the earlier version 4.2 QFE(1). That release works better and recommend you to do also.
Ellen

#34828 PWN classes after 4.2 firmware upgrade

Posted by Ellen on 07 September 2012 - 05:55 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

If you are stupid?, I do not know... :P The problem could also be a dirty windows register with pointers to old or non existing file's or program arguments. Also the quality of your equipment could be a factor. It is very hard to tell from a distance whats the problem. I say always No Plug and Play but Plug and Pray. B) For me, the install steps earlier described in other sticky posts were sufficiently. Ellen I hope the PWM class will repaired soon.

#34117 PWN classes after 4.2 firmware upgrade

Posted by Ellen on 23 August 2012 - 07:45 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

But the SecretLabs.NET.Hardware.PWM.dll is NOT compatible with the RC5 ( the version before the official release).

I have this code, and the behavior is much different.

Namespace Servo_Control
    Public Class ServoControl

Private servo As PWM
        Public inverted As Boolean = True

Public Sub New(ByVal pin As Cpu.Pin, ByVal toInvert As Boolean)

inverted = toInvert
            servo = New PWM(pin)
            servo.Dispose()
        End Sub

Public Sub ServoToNul()
            servo.SetDutyCycle(0)
        End Sub

Public Sub DisposeServo()
            servo.Dispose()
        End Sub

Public WriteOnly Property ServoPulse() As Double
            Set(ByVal value As Double)
                ' Range checks'
                If value > 2000 Then
                    value = 2000
                End If

If value < 0 Then
                    value = 0
                End If

' Are we inverted?'
                If inverted Then
                    value = 2000 - value
                End If

servo.SetPulse(20000, CUInt(value + 600))

End Set
        End Property

End Class
End Namespace

#34359 PWN classes after 4.2 firmware upgrade

Posted by Ellen on 29 August 2012 - 08:14 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

This morning I have tested the Servo very good. As i expected as in earlier tests the behavior was different.

Did the tests with this servo:
http://www.pieterflo...p?id_product=38

In the earlier version 4.2 QFE(1):
servoWatt.ServoPulse = 0 result: to zero point
servoWatt.ServoPulse = 1000 result: to half way (90 degrees rotation)
servoWatt.ServoPulse = 2000 result: to full (180 degrees rotation)

In latest version 4.2 QFE(2):
servoWatt.ServoPulse = 0 result: to zero point
servoWatt.ServoPulse = 1000 result: to (90+ to 100 degrees rotation)
servoWatt.ServoPulse = 2000 result: back (0 degrees rotation)

Imports Microsoft.SPOT
Imports Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware
Imports SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware
Imports SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus
Imports SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.PWM

Module Module1

Sub Main()

Dim servoWatt As New Servo_Control.ServoControl(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D9, True)

servoWatt.ServoPulse = 0
        Thread.Sleep(3000)
        Debug.Print("0")

servoWatt.ServoPulse = 1000
        Thread.Sleep(3000)
        Debug.Print("1000")

servoWatt.ServoPulse = 2000
        Thread.Sleep(3000)
        Debug.Print("2000")

servoWatt.ServoPulse = 0
        Thread.Sleep(3000)
        Debug.Print("0")

End Sub

End Module

Namespace Servo_Control
    Public Class ServoControl

Private servo As SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.PWM
        Public inverted As Boolean = True

Public Sub New(ByVal pin As Cpu.Pin, ByVal toInvert As Boolean)

inverted = toInvert
            servo = New SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.PWM(pin)

End Sub

Public Sub ServoToNul()
            servo.SetDutyCycle(0)
        End Sub

Public WriteOnly Property ServoPulse() As Double
            Set(ByVal value As Double)
                ' Range checks'
                If value > 2000 Then
                    value = 2000
                End If

If value < 0 Then
                    value = 0
                End If

' Are we inverted?'
                If inverted Then
                    value = 2000 - value
                End If

servo.SetPulse(20000, CUInt(value + 600))

End Set
        End Property

End Class
End Namespace

#33157 OnBoard MicroSD

Posted by Ellen on 06 August 2012 - 07:19 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Most 1 or 2 GB ones work. There was a beta version that the 4 & 8 GB worked, but that code is not in 4.2 that I know of, so you are stuck with 1 & 2 GB.

For me, the SD card also is not working because I bought a 8 gieg. (bigger counts :-))
I think the store (mediamarkt) will not exchange the card for a smaller one.

Is there any chance that the SD Card 4&8 Gb support will be implemented in the version 4.2
Because I program in VB, I am stuck on version 4.2
BTW, VB and 4.2 works very well.
Ellen

#37217 .NET MF 4.3 beta

Posted by Ellen on 15 October 2012 - 01:42 PM in General Discussion

Hi Ellen,

Does this work properly if you switch to the legacy MFUSB drivers?

http://forums.netdui...-mfusb-drivers/

Chris

Hi Chris, Indeed, that is the solution. Deploying works now much better than before. (after many tests).
Thank you.

#36583 .NET MF 4.3 beta

Posted by Ellen on 05 October 2012 - 03:40 PM in General Discussion

Chris, may I have your attention on this case. Is there any attention of you or/and MS for the bad connenction and deployment of the program files to the Netduino+ with MS VB express. It seems that when we plugin a new Netduino+ (after we have have done update to 4.2 with Samba and mfdeploy on another machine) and want to deploy the program file to the N+, VB take's some time for "a solution" and then lose the connection. After plugin and out etc reset the computer and try again...pppffff VB starts the transfer in the best case or hangs otherwise waiting for deployment. Ellen.

#32683 DHCP startup problem

Posted by Ellen on 26 July 2012 - 05:43 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Stefan thanks, I have implement your snippet into my source code. Now I am testing it, thats take a while in time. I will let you know. Ellen.

#32458 DHCP startup problem

Posted by Ellen on 22 July 2012 - 08:32 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Although this probably wont work as it requires a DHCP allocated IP address for the initial DNS lookup, are static IP's totally out of the question for your application? As the only reliable methods i can think of to obtain IP's are:

• Leave the router on, then you can have an expectation of having a DHCP server availible
  • Use a second timer plug and delay it for 5 to 10 mins to allow router to boot and get online.
  • Use a static IP on your netduino.
Nak.

I have set the Netduino with a static IP as you proposed.
Startup Modem/router at the same time as the Netduino with the timer.
I had programmed a 3 minute software delay in the Netduino before sending to the internet.
The modem was ready but NO, socket error.
Netduino out and in the AC, (the router is still on) and it's works fine.
Strange is not it?

#32694 I notice a difference in results, but it should not be.

Posted by Ellen on 26 July 2012 - 09:32 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello,
I am using my Netduino for solar logging.
I had notice these days that there was een difference in output between my Solar Inverter wattage output and the netduino output. My question is why?

I log the time between 2 electrical pulse with a KWH counter in the electrical box.

'wait for the first pulse
   dtStartTime = DateTime.Now
   Do
      If portElectricPulse_D13.Read()   'wait for the pulse'

Here is the code for the 1st image/stream:

dtEndTime = DateTime.Now
sSeconds = (dtEndTime.TimeOfDay - dtStartTime.TimeOfDay).Seconds.ToString
sMilliSeconds = (dtEndTime.TimeOfDay - dtStartTime.TimeOfDay).Milliseconds.ToString
dblSecsAndMsecs = CType((sSeconds & "." & sMilliSeconds), Double) 
intWattage = CInt(1800 / dblSecsAndMsecs)

Posted Image

Here is the code for the second stream, and this one calculate it oké:
dblTestWattage = (dtEndTime.Ticks - dtStartTime.Ticks) / TimeSpan.TicksPerSecond
intTestwattage = CInt(1800 / dblTestWattage)

Here is the code for the third stream:
tsElapsedTime = dtEndTime.Subtract(dtStartTime)
dblTestWattage2 = CType((tsElapsedTime.Seconds & "." & tsElapsedTime.Milliseconds), Double)
inttestwattage2 = CInt(1800 / dblTestWattage2)

Posted Image

#33492 DHCP startup problem

Posted by Ellen on 12 August 2012 - 06:48 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Stefan,
Now every day the Netduino starts as it should be without any errors now errors again.
Thank you for share the programm code.
Ellen

UPDATE.... BUG REPORT maybe?
After a few days without internet startup errors, now again.

So I went to have a closer look about this problem.
The bottom line is when the Netduino is running before the router is powered up, there is no way to establising the connection without reseting the Netduino.

This Netduino reboot should not to be a problem if I can write to the SD Card but I do not have a small 1 or 2 gieg card, larger is not supported in 4.2 untill now.

Workeround with writing to sd.....

Startup Netduino
If internet....

If file existe("alreadyBooted")
delete file
endif

end if

If not internet ....

If file existe("alreadyBooted")

...no second reboot.
...internet can not be restored ... already tried.

Else

write dummy file to sd card filecreate("alreadyBooted")
reboot

endif

This is to prevent a forever reboot.
It is wonderfull when we have a static memory of 1 byte.

#32277 DHCP startup problem

Posted by Ellen on 19 July 2012 - 09:36 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

With a bit more work, you could check if the interface has an IP. If not, wait a second, renew, check again.

Thxs Stefan,

Would this work?
Thank you in advance.

Try

dim  connection As Socket = Connect(strHost, 5000)
   If connection Is Nothing then

Else

'do something'

End if   

Catch Ex As Exception

End Try

Private Function Connect(ByVal host As String, ByVal timeout As Integer) As Socket
        ' look up hosts domain name to find IP address(es) '
        Dim hostEntry As IPHostEntry = Dns.GetHostEntry(host)
        ' extract a returned address '
        Dim hostAddress As IPAddress = hostEntry.AddressList(0)
        Dim remoteEndPoint As New IPEndPoint(hostAddress, 80)

Dim connection = New Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp)
        connection.Connect(remoteEndPoint)
        connection.SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel.Tcp, SocketOptionName.NoDelay, True)
        connection.SendTimeout = timeout
        Return connection
    End Function

#32889 DHCP startup problem

Posted by Ellen on 30 July 2012 - 06:17 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Okay, cool. I hope it helps. If not, we'll figure something out.

Hi Stefan,
Now every day the Netduino starts as it should be without any errors.
Thank you for share the programm code.
Ellen

#32729 I notice a difference in results, but it should not be.

Posted by Ellen on 26 July 2012 - 07:29 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Are the calculations for AC_Wattage, zTestWattage2 and zTestWattage all in the same thread?

Yes Gorf, they are all in the same thread.

#32888 I notice a difference in results, but it should not be.

Posted by Ellen on 30 July 2012 - 06:15 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

So as I understand, (the bottom line) when you want calculate with time very precisely, you need to use dateTime.Now.Ticks All the other methods results in capricious output.

#32707 I notice a difference in results, but it should not be.

Posted by Ellen on 26 July 2012 - 02:28 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Ellen,

If I understand this correctly; you need to measure the time between two pulses. Am I right in that?
What kind of timeframe should I think of, in ns, µs, ms, seconds, minutes?

Ps. nice project you're building!

Hello Stefan,
The pulse meter give 2000 pulse per KiloWatt so 3600 seconds in 1 hour / 2000 give 1.8 seconds per pulse/KW. And I update the cosm server every 20 seconds.

There must be some kind of something wrong. It is between lets say 1610 Watt and 1803 watt.
Have a look at my afternoon image (the gap), and the afternoon mirror the morning, the two should be identical:

This one is the bad one.
Posted Image

This one is the good one:
Posted Image

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.