Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

NooM's Content

There have been 301 items by NooM (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#45964 Adafruit NFC shield

Posted by NooM on 21 February 2013 - 12:04 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

i2c does not have/need a cs (chipselect) pin. it access the device with an address.

maybe the pin is used for something else.

#45509 Adafruit NFC shield

Posted by NooM on 14 February 2013 - 03:39 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

hm iam wondering why you bitbang the data, and not use the normal spi/i2c classes, that would be a lot faster and way less code, less errors and such. i dont have such a device so i cant try, but except some really exotic devices all is kinda "standard" that just works with netduino

- ofc the right code for accessing the right registers at the right time is still needed.

#54268 STM32F4 mini

Posted by NooM on 24 November 2013 - 01:51 PM in Netduino Mini

well if you wanna use the netduino formware you have to look on wich pins is the usb port connected (important for flashing programs)

and you have to use a 25mhz crystal (iirc)

yes i meant the link you posted - this port needs a 8mhz crystal

you can change the crystal needed, but you have to recompile the netmf-firmware

on a sidenote: on mine i wanted the sdio interface and a micro sd card, so basic stamp wouldnt fit, in a breadboard it still leave 2 pins free each side

#54252 STM32F4 mini

Posted by NooM on 23 November 2013 - 03:31 PM in Netduino Mini

i designed one, sadly i placed the sd card slot one, so i have to wait for the new pcb's where i fixed this..

https://www.dropbox....board_front.png

https://www.dropbox...._board_back.png

its a f405, was quite simple actually

it can run the netmf for stm32 port in codeplex.

(iam using it with native code tho)

edit: oh and theres the cerb40 allready aviable.

#45446 Dead USB, can't deploy, connect or reset...

Posted by NooM on 13 February 2013 - 05:15 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

sry i have no idea what todo, but ping and program running tells me its not damaged.

#45425 Dead USB, can't deploy, connect or reset...

Posted by NooM on 13 February 2013 - 11:28 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

you sure its damaged? netduino can survice 12v, the regulator is actually rated much higher (but will get a heat problem when you draw too much current)

#46113 433MHz / 2.4GHz communications with Netduino/Netduino Plus

Posted by NooM on 22 February 2013 - 11:24 PM in General Discussion

the nRF24L01+ work very well, iam using them. on codeplex is a library for that device.

communication arduino <> netduino via the nrf i didnt got to work - i think its of the codebase, so its hard to find

out the right channel and addresses for each. theoretically it would work.

the 433 i suggest not to use, thats illegal in many countries, and there is also a lot of noise, and afaik

you have to filter the noise out yourself, while the nrf makes this for you.

#49003 Netduino Mini CD-player - now with video :-)

Posted by NooM on 03 May 2013 - 09:28 PM in Project Showcase

very nice!

#48828 reading data through a serial port on netduino plus 2

Posted by NooM on 28 April 2013 - 09:50 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

try:

SerialPort mySerialPort = new SerialPort("COM1", 9600);

remove all the other stuff like mySerialPort.Parity

(looks like its standard settings)

also add mySerialPort.Open();

and remove the Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite);

from the event. instead add it after mySerialPort.Open();

#45063 Powering the Mini with 3.7v

Posted by NooM on 07 February 2013 - 08:06 AM in Netduino Mini

yes that works.

iam using a LM2577 (from ebay, very cheapo) to step up to 5v for powering the mini (i can be powered by regulated 5v) ..

than iam using a LM2596 to step it down to 3.3v for all rails/devices.

iam also using bluetooth.

you may have a look at those: http://www.ebay.at/i...=item3a7423a9cd

the sparkfun ones seem quite pricy

#51987 Humidity and Temperature Sensor Driver HIH6130 I2C

Posted by NooM on 06 August 2013 - 04:17 PM in Project Showcase

wow 30$

a dht22 is like 3$

yeah iced is right, the support of dht for netduino is uncool, but still possible.

suggestion:

remove the sensor.enterCommandMode(); and sensor.exitCommandMode(true); for the user.

make it automatically if you call the functions that wants command mode.

#45361 Safely ejecting SD card (and other problems)

Posted by NooM on 12 February 2013 - 07:01 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

you do not use Cpu.Pins for netduino -.-

netduino has the card detect implemented, and it even throws an interrupt when you enter a card (maybe, i guess) also when you remove it.

#45420 Safely ejecting SD card (and other problems)

Posted by NooM on 13 February 2013 - 09:47 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

So how does that help with my various errors?

it gives you some knowledge :P

since hanzibal allready told you about the card-detect pin ...

the try/catch approach you mentioned may work, but i think its better to

check if a sd card is in (set a boolean with the card-detect event, maybe there is allready one?)

and only write data when its actually in.

#45373 Safely ejecting SD card (and other problems)

Posted by NooM on 12 February 2013 - 12:58 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

first: yes thats only for the plus and plus2.

than: i meant its not Cpu.Pins its just Pins enum.

also, since this is in the plus/plus2 part of the board, i was talking about that.

#46226 Is there a Watchdog breakout out there?

Posted by NooM on 25 February 2013 - 06:46 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

sry i dont have the code anymore, but its very very simple.

i used the arduino ide and language to programm the tiny.

its like that: setup one pin as input, one as output, pullup enabled. (let it run with 3.3v, 1mhz internal oscillator)

make a timer with milis() ..

.. everytime the inputpin changes, make the timer a new value, the ammount is on yours (i used 1000msec)

when it runs out, pull output (connected to reset) down, let it down for like 50msec, make it high again, start over

(i suggest adding a 1 minute, maybe more, startup time, depending on your code, so it wount reset before the netduino is executing your code.

netduino side: just set a pin connected to the tiny high and low a value you like

#46047 Is there a Watchdog breakout out there?

Posted by NooM on 22 February 2013 - 09:10 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

seriously thats a very complex watchdog i think.

iam using a attiny85 for that, and its just a few lines of code.

and for the netduino side its just setting a pin low and high.

there might be even simpler solutions (real watchdog ic's) - wich only needs to pull a pin low and high.

#47295 Still a Serial Port Problem

Posted by NooM on 17 March 2013 - 05:30 PM in General Discussion

now i can confirm that serial is not the most reliable, but it works quite well for me.

i noticed that when i send a lot of data very fast (115200) some byte gets lost/shifted by one byte.

i than implemented an packet framing, and also send the size of the packet. its very very reliable since than

like that

id remove all the thread.sleep in your sample code and stuff the bytes into a buffer.

i know you wanna work with a gsp shield, so encoding and stuff wount be of any help.

#51645 HowTo address the PCF8574

Posted by NooM on 23 July 2013 - 11:47 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

hanzibal: hehe your driver looks like mine :D

but i have a suggestion: when you handly the interrupt like you do you get an odd number. filter it before

to get wich pin actually changed

Attached Files

#51611 HowTo address the PCF8574

Posted by NooM on 21 July 2013 - 10:07 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

netmftoolbox has a driver for it

also, if you read its datasheet, its a very simple ic (- but still a good one, i like its interrupt, thats makes it good for buttons and stuff)

#51627 HowTo address the PCF8574

Posted by NooM on 22 July 2013 - 10:36 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

iam no teacher.

and there is so much info about this iC, i googled "pcf8574 netduino" and there are tons of helpfull samples/tutorials (the first is good, the second and 4th :D )

your adressing is correct.

its a very good and common iC for input (for output id use a 74hc595, cos its much much faster..)

#51166 Netduino Plus 2, SPI not working, .NET Toolbox,

Posted by NooM on 07 July 2013 - 07:24 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

grant: you need/want a thread.sleep(timeout.infinite) after

Debug.Print("done");

its unknown what happens when you "close" the main loop.

#52233 Direct STM32F4 ARM (C) support in Visual Studio?

Posted by NooM on 19 August 2013 - 09:07 PM in General Discussion

you can get a sam3 or sam4, its atmels cortex m4 (arm) and programm them via atmel studio.

arduino due is sam3 btw.

#48004 How do I connect Netduino+ to a pc wireless?

Posted by NooM on 04 April 2013 - 05:17 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

if it doesent have to be ethernet, id go with a bluetooth module. they are very cheap on ebay, and its serial communication. doesent need any extra code to work.

http://forums.netdui...ss-programming/

(i not only use them for programming, nearly all my "projects" have one now, to send data from pc to the project)

//edit: sadly hey doubled in price the last few weeks :(

#52485 Netduino 2 and the Adafruit BMP085 Barometer (I2C)

Posted by NooM on 31 August 2013 - 01:29 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

your code doesent look correct.

also, has your sensor pullups? if not you have to add 4.7kohm ones

ill add my classes, use them, i used it, they work.

IC_BMP085 press;

ress = new IC_BMP085(0x77);

void print()   {   String logString =   "pressure: " + press.pressure + " " +   "altitude: " + press.altitude.ToString("F1") + " " +   "free mem: " + Debug.GC(false);   Debug.Print(DateTime.Now + ": " + logString);

}

Attached Files

#52497 Netduino 2 and the Adafruit BMP085 Barometer (I2C)

Posted by NooM on 02 September 2013 - 12:38 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

it really shouldnt return 0's. if it has pullups on their board, than you dont need one.

maybe upgrade the a newer firmware version of your netduino. iirc there were i2c problems before 4.2.2.2

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.