Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

NooM's Content

There have been 301 items by NooM (Search limited from 12-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#47662 .net micro framework windows form

Posted by NooM on 28 March 2013 - 01:18 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

use the normal .net framework for windows.

app made in visual studio express.

#49467 .NETMF vs C

Posted by NooM on 15 May 2013 - 05:29 PM in General Discussion

my opinoin: yes, it lacks some documentation, especially for the netmf core and porting kit.

than: there is no nice ide for compiling the firmware itself, and gcc support is limited (at least right now for stm32f4's)

i found it easiert to write c/c++ code for my stm than messing around with the firmware.

the compiler secretlabs uses is very expensive, there are some ports of the firmware, but well, i personally havent found it easwy to use.

right now iam playing a lot with 8 bit avr's - they have a brilliant (and for me well known) ide - atmel studio is just visual studio with a different compiler. they are very fast - a 16mhz avr beats my 168mhz stm32f4 a lot - thats becouse netmf is interpreted. there are lots of tutorials and code.

tuts and samples is something i havent found a lot of the stm32's.

dont get me wrong - netduino/netmf is kinda nice, but my opinion is it will take some more years of work to make it really good/outstanding.

#52281 4.3 running on a STM32F427

Posted by NooM on 22 August 2013 - 11:40 AM in General Discussion

nice, and it looks really cool :D

#46113 433MHz / 2.4GHz communications with Netduino/Netduino Plus

Posted by NooM on 22 February 2013 - 11:24 PM in General Discussion

the nRF24L01+ work very well, iam using them. on codeplex is a library for that device.

communication arduino <> netduino via the nrf i didnt got to work - i think its of the codebase, so its hard to find

out the right channel and addresses for each. theoretically it would work.

the 433 i suggest not to use, thats illegal in many countries, and there is also a lot of noise, and afaik

you have to filter the noise out yourself, while the nrf makes this for you.

#51553 5v Power Supply?

Posted by NooM on 19 July 2013 - 12:08 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

iam using that:

http://at.mouser.com...ualkey967-LS355

i like it a lot. there are also more simmiliar aviable, with different voltages and power.

#51891 5v Power Supply?

Posted by NooM on 01 August 2013 - 05:40 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

i dont know if there are any with more outputs, but i guess not. its not that big, and the connectors are quite large, so not that much space left :D

but you can add more than one cable ofc. like i soldered a little board with switching regulators and screw terminals, and than made a fat cable from the supply to this board, so i can use many different voltages of it. - i have the 5v version of the supply, but mostly use 3.3v (-except for some parts that needs 5v or more)

i suggest getting at least the 5v version and step it down.

a pc power supply has 3.3,5 and 12v - but its also way bigger and iam sure has more loss

edit: all across the house is bad with low voltage and higher current. it generates loss and heat.

thats why we use 220v here in the houses, to not burn the cables.. like a 500watt device is fine with 220v, but with 5v or so the cables would melt (or be way way bigger :D )

#52193 5V/12V Relay at 30A

Posted by NooM on 16 August 2013 - 11:03 AM in General Discussion

30 amps is a lot (of heat) - so i dont think relays can handle this well, the traces on the pcb may just melt.

maybe some solid state relay can handle that, look at mouser.com or shops like that wich have tons of parts.

may i ask what your planning todo?

#50394 A few questions about motors etc

Posted by NooM on 10 June 2013 - 10:13 AM in General Discussion

depends on the power consumption of the motor and the voltage you out into the netduino (more volts in = more heat for the regulator = less power output)

id suggest using external power supply for motors.

#50405 A few questions about motors etc

Posted by NooM on 10 June 2013 - 07:06 PM in General Discussion

i see.

ok, i assume most Motor shields use an h-Bridge.

a shield would be the easierst ofc (maybe one that accepts external power supply)

or just build an h-Bridge yourself, wich requies a little more work.

Transistors i dont suggest, they have a voltage drop and are only capeable of some milliamps (like 200 the Standard ones).

mosfets would be way better, but still, and h-Bridge is the way to go.

#45814 Active FTP Connection

Posted by NooM on 19 February 2013 - 03:24 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

idk where i got that, thx 4 info.

#45812 Active FTP Connection

Posted by NooM on 19 February 2013 - 02:28 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

i read somewhere the netduino doesent accept multiple connections (only one at a time)

- does it allready work for you ? (the ftp stuff with 2 connections)

#45509 Adafruit NFC shield

Posted by NooM on 14 February 2013 - 03:39 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

hm iam wondering why you bitbang the data, and not use the normal spi/i2c classes, that would be a lot faster and way less code, less errors and such. i dont have such a device so i cant try, but except some really exotic devices all is kinda "standard" that just works with netduino

- ofc the right code for accessing the right registers at the right time is still needed.

#45964 Adafruit NFC shield

Posted by NooM on 21 February 2013 - 12:04 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

i2c does not have/need a cs (chipselect) pin. it access the device with an address.

maybe the pin is used for something else.

#44596 ADC Breakout instead of AnalogicInput

Posted by NooM on 30 January 2013 - 12:01 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

iam using the mcp3201. its ok, but well.

my netduino has nearly no noise at adc.

iam powering it either from batteries or a stabilized wall supply, and i have some

capacitors on the power rails.

when i tried a cheap supply i got a lot of noise, maybe you should look there first

the benefit of an external adc is ofc you can supply 5v

and mini users like me can add an analog reference

#47536 Adding CANbus support

Posted by NooM on 24 March 2013 - 05:07 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

i dont think that will work, not only that you have to write the

native drivers yourself, the pins it nuses have to be broken out also.

id go with a spi <> canbus ic

#47658 Analog input interrupt

Posted by NooM on 27 March 2013 - 10:38 PM in Visual Basic Support

its also possible from software. arron made this iirc.

its like polling the adc constantly in an thread, and when it changes firing an interrupt.

you can also set the threshhold value when it shall fire.

#45556 AnalogInput

Posted by NooM on 15 February 2013 - 06:29 AM in General Discussion

hmpf.. i thought what i said was clear..

use that:

AnalogInput pot = new AnalogInput(AnalogChannels.GPIO_PIN_A0);

#45502 AnalogInput

Posted by NooM on 14 February 2013 - 08:59 AM in General Discussion

i wonder whats the analoginput class your using is.

the microsoft one want AnalogChannels.yourpin and not Pins.yourpin.

secretlabs one, i _think_ (never used it) wants it the way you have it.

#45351 Another InterruptPort problem

Posted by NooM on 12 February 2013 - 02:08 AM in Visual Basic Support

when using

InterruptEdgeLevelHigh or

InterruptEdgeLevelLow

you have to call clear interrupt afterwards.

it wount throw another interrupt till you cleared it

#45360 Another InterruptPort problem

Posted by NooM on 12 February 2013 - 06:57 AM in Visual Basic Support

no.

the ones without Level clear themselfes

edit: using clear on non level even throws an error according to:

http://msdn.microsof...y/cc532335.aspx

#45433 Another InterruptPort problem

Posted by NooM on 13 February 2013 - 02:27 PM in Visual Basic Support

sure it is, at least my mini supports it. so i guess all v1 boards do so.

#45762 Arduino Out Of Gas

Posted by NooM on 18 February 2013 - 08:24 PM in General Discussion

i started with netduino, and am currently playing with arduino, what you will notice: its very simmiliar (i had no problems switching the language)

the librarys are identical (not the same, but easy to adapt)

also you may notice its slow as hell (the netduino and netmf in gernal) - compared to an arduino (16mhz)

but i thinks thas ok, cos netduino/netmf offers such a nice ide and language and a bunch of cool libraries

iam doing "graphics proccessing" on the arduino and the logic (what to display where and such) on the netduino, this plays well

#45824 are sales down?

Posted by NooM on 19 February 2013 - 06:18 PM in General Discussion

i think the chips are quite expensive in china, they have some stm32f4 board (like waveshare)

- buy there isent much difference in price

#45745 are sales down?

Posted by NooM on 18 February 2013 - 07:21 PM in General Discussion

haha :D

i wonder if its also in the resellers list :rolleyes:

#45756 are sales down?

Posted by NooM on 18 February 2013 - 08:08 PM in General Discussion

thats not true cw2, i found over 30 pieces in europe.

look at the link i posted, many have it in stock (eu)

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.