Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

zee's Content

There have been 47 items by zee (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#49405 Sparkfun PIR motion sensor

Posted by zee on 14 May 2013 - 02:44 AM in Project Showcase

Hi,

Need help here!

What's the problem here?  :wacko:  :unsure:

Connected to 10K Ohm & PullUp.. But it keep prompts me this error.

Attached Thumbnails

• PIR Error.jpg

#49321 Set password on touch shield with servo

Posted by zee on 10 May 2013 - 01:18 AM in General Discussion

Oh. Thanx Hanzibal. Will try to work it out.  :)

#49203 Set password on touch shield with servo

Posted by zee on 08 May 2013 - 01:27 AM in General Discussion

Hi,

Thank for the quick response. You mean, touch shield can't be used for password? In order for me to use a servo to do some actions, I need to use something like this?

http://www.karlssonr...CFVSVMgodv04AEw

or

https://www.sparkfun.../products/10250

I'm sorry for this noob question. But, what else can touch shield do?

#49131 Set password on touch shield with servo

Posted by zee on 07 May 2013 - 01:59 AM in General Discussion

Hi,

Has anyone tried to do a project on touch shield with servo? It is to set a correct password on the touch shield and servo will turn it if the button been pressed correctly. 

I did followed the codes from http://forums.netdui...=+touch +shield and I am using the same product https://www.sparkfun.../products/10508

I still could not understand of how and where to insert the code for setting password and connect together with servo (if possible).

#48876 Touch Shield

Posted by zee on 30 April 2013 - 09:25 AM in General Discussion

Problem solved !  B)  :D  B)  :D

One of the jumper is faulty. HAHA! :D

#48875 Touch Shield

Posted by zee on 30 April 2013 - 09:16 AM in General Discussion

I don't fully understand what you mean by "from shield board TX to resistor (with SDA) to D2" though?

Ignore this. Haha!

I did found the solution Last Friday and when i want to try again today, seems like its not working. Whats happening??  :wacko:  :blink:

This should be correct right?

readonly InterruptPort irqpin = new InterruptPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D2, true, ResistorModes.PullUp, Port.InterruptMode.InterruptEdgeLow);

Both resistors are connectec to 5V. 1 resistor will wired up to SDA and the other resistor to SCL. And, InterruptPort is directly connected from touch shield to D2. Right?

#48872 Delay interruption handling

Posted by zee on 30 April 2013 - 05:21 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi,

I have 2 questions regarding about PIR Sensor. I am using Netduino Plus 2.

1) Is it a need to have a resistor on it? Because, if i set it to Disabled, I need to wave a lot of times over the sensor for it to detect and after detecting it, it will keep on going print out the output even when i stop waving. If i set it to PullUp with 1K resistor without wave over it, it will automatically print the output.

2) I have insert the interrupt handling together with it, and the outcome seems to be ongoing even if I have stop waving over it. I want it to print out the output once upon detecting the motion, and stop, and print once again upon the next waving.

Here are my codes. I got it from this forum.

using System;using System.Net;using System.Net.Sockets;using System.Threading;using Microsoft.SPOT;using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware;using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino;using System.Collections;namespace Motion_Sensor{    public class Program    {        static OutputPort led = new OutputPort(Pins.ONBOARD_LED, false);        static InterruptPort PIR =             new InterruptPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A0, false, ResistorModes.PullUp, InterruptModes.InterruptEdgeLow);public static void Main()        {            // write your code here            Debug.Print("Wave!");            Thread.Sleep(1000);            PIR.OnInterrupt                 += new NativeEventHandler(motion_OnInterrupt);              Thread.Sleep(-1);        }        static void motion_OnInterrupt(uint data1, uint data2, DateTime time)        {            PIR.DisableInterrupt();            Debug.Print("Found movement ");            led.Write(true);                        Thread.Sleep(3000);            led.Write(false);            Thread.Sleep(3000);            PIR.EnableInterrupt();        }}}

#48679 Touch Shield

Posted by zee on 24 April 2013 - 03:18 AM in General Discussion

Btw, i am using Netduino Plus 2

#48678 Touch Shield

Posted by zee on 24 April 2013 - 03:18 AM in General Discussion

Hi,

I am doing on a project for home security. I decided to add in the touch shield https://www.sparkfun.../products/10508. I am sure the codes are all correct as when i run it, there is no error. But i am curious about my wiring. Unsure if it is correct or wrong.

Connected with 2 1K resistors. 1 resistor for SCL and the other for SDA. It is connected together with the 5V from the netduino board. 3.3V directly connected from the netduino to the touch shield. Interrupt port on D2 with ResistorModes.PullUp (from shield board TX to resistor (with SDA) to D2).. All grounds are connected.

Is there any missing or errors on my wiring?

#48424 RTTTL - Ringtone Player

Posted by zee on 16 April 2013 - 03:31 AM in General Discussion

I think the Queue class is found within the the System.Collections namespace, so try changing from just new Queue() to new System.Collections.Queue() or probably better to simply add this statement in the beginning of Program.cs

using System.Collections; 

You might also want to look at this post also covering an RTTL player:

http://forums.netdui...sed-controller/

Yes yes.. It works! Thank you Hanzibal  :D

#48404 RTTTL - Ringtone Player

Posted by zee on 15 April 2013 - 09:35 AM in General Discussion

Hi,

I am currently doing a project on ringtone player. This code we found on http://dev-bin.com/2...e-player-rtttl/ .. Hence we decided to try it out and we found an error in Program.cs. We try to solve it by refer to the reference on the link but it did not seem to work.

static Queue SongQueue = new Queue();

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'Queue' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:UsersL33532DesktopMidPresentationMidPresentationProgram.cs 18 16 MidPresentation
Error 2 The type or namespace name 'Queue' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:UsersL33532DesktopMidPresentationMidPresentationProgram.cs 18 38 MidPresentation

PS: Need your help as soon as possible because our deadline is in 2 more days. URGENTTTT!!!  :o  :unsure:  :wacko:

Thanx.. :)

Attached Files

#48283 Dead USB, can't deploy, connect or reset...

Posted by zee on 11 April 2013 - 02:09 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi Chris,

Yes, I did few times holding down the pushbutton, and the LED does not turn off too. The LED stays on. There is nothing appear on the PC. Did alot of different ways to overcome this problem but to no available.  :(

#48240 Dead USB, can't deploy, connect or reset...

Posted by zee on 10 April 2013 - 07:23 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi,

I have the same problem. Even though i did the re-flash few times before, but this time is quite strange for me. The USB cable cannot detect to the PC, its not even to the bootloader mode. Tried on other PC and used other cables, but the problem still the same. Is there any other way to reset/erase the Netduino Plus 2?

#48235 Honeywell HIH-4030 Humidity Sensor

Posted by zee on 10 April 2013 - 01:01 AM in Project Showcase

Here is the code of the program. 

Sorry again.

#48234 Honeywell HIH-4030 Humidity Sensor

Posted by zee on 10 April 2013 - 12:59 AM in Project Showcase

Here's the program.  

Sorry again..

#48233 Honeywell HIH-4030 Humidity Sensor

Posted by zee on 10 April 2013 - 12:58 AM in Project Showcase

Here's the attached of the program. 

Sorry again..

#48232 Honeywell HIH-4030 Humidity Sensor

Posted by zee on 10 April 2013 - 12:57 AM in Project Showcase

Here's the attached of the program. Sorry again..

Attached Files

#48206 Honeywell HIH-4030 Humidity Sensor

Posted by zee on 09 April 2013 - 09:32 AM in Project Showcase

I did follow what u had mention earlier on but I could not get to the output. There was no error when i run it.

Could you show me how to code? Sorry for the trouble

Hi zee.

Since there aren't any static methods in the class and the class itself is not static, you must create an instance.  And you create it using the only constructor provided.  That constructor takes in one argument which is an analog pin.  The code in the constructor initializes the _sensor AnalogInput property.  So once you instantiate the class, _sensor will not be null.

#48203 Parallax Ping))) Ultrasonic Sensor

Posted by zee on 09 April 2013 - 04:05 AM in Project Showcase

Hi Dave,

I have changed the output type, and it exit the program by itself immediately. The Main() method is suppose to comment out or uncomment?

If i comment out, there is an error saying does not contain static Main. If i uncomment, it exit the program.

#48201 Maxbotix Distance/Proximity Sensor Code

Posted by zee on 09 April 2013 - 03:24 AM in Project Showcase

Hi Omar,

I followed your C# for analog but when run the program, it stop by itself. Is there anything that i missed out??

Btw, where should i print out the distance?

#48199 Parallax Ping))) Ultrasonic Sensor

Posted by zee on 09 April 2013 - 02:17 AM in Project Showcase

Hi Afulki,

There are no errors in the coding but i received this error when running the program.

'The project must have either an output type of Console Application', or an output type of Class Library and the start action set to a valid .NET MicroFramework application'

What does the error means? Your guidance are really appreciated :) Thanks..

#48198 uPLibrary : a .Net Micro Framework Helper Library

Posted by zee on 09 April 2013 - 02:02 AM in Project Showcase

Hi Paolo,

Just to clarify, to do a project on ultrasonic for distance measurement, is it a must to have this library? If yes, i encountered this errors and need your help. Thanx..

I tried to install the package but it show me this errors:

PM> Install-Package uPLibrary
Install-Package : The current environment doesn't have a solution open.
At line:1 char:16
+ Install-Package <<<<  uPLibrary
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [Install-Package], InvalidOperationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetNoActiveSolution,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.InstallPackageCommand

#48166 Oz-Solutions Tutorial: RGB LED

Posted by zee on 08 April 2013 - 02:02 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

You are correct in that the resistors will vary for different color LEDs but they can also vary for different types of LEDs.  What RGB LED are you using?  May need to look at the specs and recalculate the resistors.  Additionally what power source are you using? 3v? 5v? 12v? and are the LEDs common cathode or common anode?

I am using the RGB Diffused Common Cathode [https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9264]. I did not connect any power source when running the program. I did the same thing as the diagram given. Is my resistor value correct? Connect to red with resistor of brown, black, brown, gold. Connect to green with resistor of brown, black, green, gold. Connect to blue with 250 ohm variable resistor. I have another resistor i have not try which is red, black, orange, gold.

Your guidance are really appreciated :)

#48165 Honeywell HIH-4030 Humidity Sensor

Posted by zee on 08 April 2013 - 02:01 AM in Project Showcase

Hi phantomtypist

I had a Humidity Sensor - HIH 4030 and decided to try it out for my research lab. Unfortunately, i faced with an error on this ( 'HumiditySensor.HIH4030._sensor' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value null ) I did change some of the code into SecretLabs. The red font is the error i am facing. Could you tell me what is the problem.

public class HIH4030 : IDisposable
    {
[color=#ff0000;]        private SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.AnalogInput _sensor;[/color]
        private bool _disposed;

protected virtual void Dispose(bool disposing)
        {
            // Check if Dipose has already been called.
            if (!_disposed)
            {
                if (disposing)
                {
                    _sensor.Dispose();
                    _disposed = true;
                }
            }
        }

~HIH4030()
        {
            Dispose(false);
        }

public void Dispose()
        {
            Dispose(true);
            GC.SuppressFinalize(this); // tell the GC not to finalize.
        }

public HIH4030(Cpu.Pin analogPin)
        {
            SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.AnalogInput _sensor = new SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.AnalogInput(analogPin);
            _sensor.SetRange(0, 3300);
        }

/// <summary>
        /// Calculates the relative humidity with temperature compensation.
        /// </summary>
        /// <param name="temp">Current temperature in Celsius.</param>
        /// <returns>Returns the relative humidity as a percentage.</returns>
        public double RelativeHumidity(float temp)
        {
            // Get the humidity sensor reading.
            int sensorReading = _sensor.Read();

// Calculate the humidity sensor voltage.
            double sensorVoltage = (((double)sensorReading / 3300) * 3.3);

// Define the voltage the sensor returns at 0% humidity.
            double zeroVoltage = 0.528;

/* It has been observed that some sensors are consistently 
             * inaccurate and off by a certain voltage than what they 
             * should be.  Use this variable to compensate for what the 
             * voltage should be if needed. */
            double calibrationVoltage = 0.00;

/* Determine the maxium voltage of the sensor with 
                temperature compensation. */
            double maxVoltage = (2.1582 - (0.004426 * temp));

/* Determine the temperature compensated relative humidity 
                as a percentage. */
            double rh = ((sensorVoltage + calibrationVoltage - zeroVoltage) / maxVoltage) * 100;

return rh;
        }

Thanks!

This is code for the Honeywell HIH-4030 humidity sensor (SparkFun SKU: SEN-09569).

Please note that the sensor is supposed to be used with 5v input, but it works just fine with 3.3v input because the output is linear.

The code below is tailored to 3.3v input.

/// <summary>    /// Honeywell HIH-4030 humidity sensor (SEN-09569).     /// Please note that the sensor is supposed to be used with 5v input,     /// but it works just fine with 3.3v input because the output is linear.    /// The code below is tailored to 3.3v input.    /// </summary>    public class HIH4030 : IDisposable    {        private AnalogInput _sensor;        private bool _disposed;        protected virtual void Dispose(bool disposing)        {            // Check if Dipose has already been called.            if (!_disposed)            {                if (disposing)                {                    _sensor.Dispose();                    _disposed = true;                }            }        }        ~HIH4030()        {            Dispose(false);        }        public void Dispose()        {            Dispose(true);            GC.SuppressFinalize(this); // tell the GC not to finalize.        }        public HIH4030(Cpu.Pin analogPin)        {            _sensor = new AnalogInput(analogPin);            _sensor.SetRange(0, 3300);        }        /// <summary>        /// Calculates the relative humidity with temperature compensation.        /// </summary>        /// <param name="temp">Current temperature in Celsius.</param>        /// <returns>Returns the relative humidity as a percentage.</returns>        public double RelativeHumidity(float temp)        {            // Get the humidity sensor reading.            int sensorReading = _sensor.Read();            // Calculate the humidity sensor voltage.            double sensorVoltage = (((double)sensorReading / 3300) * 3.3);            // Define the voltage the sensor returns at 0% humidity.            double zeroVoltage = 0.528;            /* It has been observed that some sensors are consistently              * inaccurate and off by a certain voltage than what they              * should be.  Use this variable to compensate for what the              * voltage should be if needed. */            double calibrationVoltage = 0.00;            /* Determine the maxium voltage of the sensor with                 temperature compensation. */            double maxVoltage = (2.1582 - (0.004426 * temp));            /* Determine the temperature compensated relative humidity                 as a percentage. */            double rh = ((sensorVoltage + calibrationVoltage - zeroVoltage) / maxVoltage) * 100;                        return rh;        }            }

#48056 Oz-Solutions Tutorial: RGB LED

Posted by zee on 05 April 2013 - 03:32 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi..

I have a problem with the LED color. I am still unsure what is the problem. After typed out all the codes with no error and run the program, the red LED did not even light up at all, the green LED color is so little which hardly to see it, and the blue LED is so bright. I used 100 ohm resistor on red, 105 ohm resistor on green and 250 ohm variable resistor on blue. I have try to swap the resistor but the outcome is still the same. Could anyone please guide me what is the problem here? :(

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.