Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Touch Shield

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 zee

zee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

Hi,

I am doing on a project for home security. I decided to add in the touch shield https://www.sparkfun.../products/10508. I am sure the codes are all correct as when i run it, there is no error. But i am curious about my wiring. Unsure if it is correct or wrong.

Connected with 2 1K resistors. 1 resistor for SCL and the other for SDA. It is connected together with the 5V from the netduino board. 3.3V directly connected from the netduino to the touch shield. Interrupt port on D2 with ResistorModes.PullUp (from shield board TX to resistor (with SDA) to D2).. All grounds are connected.

Is there any missing or errors on my wiring?

#2 zee

zee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

Btw, i am using Netduino Plus 2

#3 hanzibal

hanzibal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

It sounds correct to me, when looking at the schematic there seem to be 10k pullup resistors on the I2C lines so could be you can do without your 1k resistors. Since the !irq is active low, you should have pullup enabled on d2 which you do. I don't fully understand what you mean by "from shield board TX to resistor (with SDA) to D2" though?

#4 zee

zee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

I don't fully understand what you mean by "from shield board TX to resistor (with SDA) to D2" though?

Ignore this. Haha!

I did found the solution Last Friday and when i want to try again today, seems like its not working. Whats happening??  :wacko:  :blink:

This should be correct right?

readonly InterruptPort irqpin = new InterruptPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D2, true, ResistorModes.PullUp, Port.InterruptMode.InterruptEdgeLow);

Both resistors are connectec to 5V. 1 resistor will wired up to SDA and the other resistor to SCL. And, InterruptPort is directly connected from touch shield to D2. Right?

#5 zee

zee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

Problem solved !  B)  :D  B)  :D

One of the jumper is faulty. HAHA! :D

#6 hanzibal

hanzibal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

A bad jumper wire, who would have thought that. Great that you solved it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.