Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Goat's Content

There have been 3 items by Goat (Search limited from 27-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#16074 COM port availability/extensibility

Posted by Goat on 30 July 2011 - 02:20 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi all! I am getting very excited with all this netDuino stuff and I have a list of shields that I want to buy in order to finish my project. The problem is that I want to buy 2 shields that use the COM port and at the same time use another 2 COM ports for bridging 2 devices. So, I need to have access to 4 COM ports! Is that possible? Is there any COM port extension shield for the netDuino?

#15886 Netduino - WiFi

Posted by Goat on 25 July 2011 - 01:05 AM in Project Showcase

I was just looking for something like that... Thanks for the tip!

#15742 Another COM port problem

Posted by Goat on 20 July 2011 - 10:32 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi all! I am a noob at netduino but have quite an expertise in C# and currently I am porting a small project that was working on my PC to the netduino. This project makes my PC communicate with a device using a Prolific USB-to-COM port; specifically, request some info and get back results. The problem is that upon compiling this 20-line code to netduino, the device I want to "talk" to does not respond. Here is some more info: - I use the CuteDigi COM shield which uses pin 0 and pin 1 of the netduino (so COM1 is used). - COM initialization is at 57600, 8, N, 1. - Netduino sends the appropriate byte sequence to the device and the device does NOT answer. - PC sends the appropriate byte sequence to the device and the device answers back. - PC and Netduino can send info to each other when connected with no problems. - netduino firmware version is 4.1.0.6 What am I missing here? Any help would be gladly appreciated... PS1: The device I connect to does not respond if it gets a wrong byte sequence or, of course, if it gets no bytes at all... PS2: Could this be voltage related? Does the netduino work on 5V signals or 3.3V signals for COM port operation?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.