Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

iced98lx's Content

There have been 14 items by iced98lx (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#61980 Netduino.IP Technical Preview (Build 1)

Posted by iced98lx on 29 March 2015 - 05:15 PM in Netduino.IP Technical Preview

So Chris, any news here?

#61978 My Aquarium Controller + LED Lighting Controller

Posted by iced98lx on 29 March 2015 - 05:09 PM in Project Showcase

The controller V2 is now running my 180 gallon tank:

IMG_20150327_193926133_HDR_zpss2qfinir.j

Codeplex has been updated to reflect the following working in live:

Light Control

Auto Top Off for Evaporation Control

Webserver

Temp Sensor (though not currently in active use)

LCD Control using i2c Backpack (though not currently in active use)

I'm changing up how I want to wire for an 8 outlet power control, so that's not in the live build. LCD Support is there but not used, just like Temp.

I've observed much more stable behavior, though nearly everything on this version is soldered/better connected so that may be part of it, or the new firmware is better as this is running the latest while the previous is running slightly older version. 

The old setup was on my now QT tank, I have converted it basically to ATO Duties only and will eventually swap it out for a cheaper board and have two boards for development.

#61267 Adding a reference to System.Security

Posted by iced98lx on 14 January 2015 - 04:31 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

So you went into the project -> references area, right clicked, and hit "Add Reference" and selected system.security from the .NET tab, built and deployed (the rebooting for correct state is normal btw) and it locks?

#61266 Introducing Netduino.IP, the shiny new TCP/IP stack for NETMF

Posted by iced98lx on 14 January 2015 - 04:23 PM in Netduino.IP Technical Preview

Chris- This is excellent to hear. Some of the flaky nature of the current solution has held me back from making my project more network intensive, as a failure that locks my board up could mean thousands of dollars of lost livestock. Easing memory usage while providing a stable experience to build on is crucial. It's fun to speculate about the neat things that can be built, but the real answer is that until stability is proven it is still only good for tinkering. Many have worked around the current issues and ended up with stable solutions, I look forward to a time when bugs can be more proactively fixed and I don't have to be a IwIP expert to know how to work around issues I experience. 

Again, back to the main upside of .NetMF and boards like Netduino + 2- Abstraction and easy interactions in familiar language with predicable stable results makes for fast prototyping and less complex, easier to debug and maintain code solutions to existing problems.

I applaud the effort. 

(I have other, distinct feelings on just exactly when my watch will arrive in the mail, if you're keeping track)

#61130 Just discover Netduino!

Posted by iced98lx on 03 January 2015 - 03:51 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Welcome (again):

1) Since I bought the Arduino Starter Kit yesterday (I will probably receive it tomorrow),I was wondering if there is a way to "integrate" the Arduino with the Netduino is some ways?  The kits comes with a bunch of components (sensors, resistors, leds, buttons, and so on) which I believe are compatible and could be useful with the Netduino.  If so, I'll keep the Arduino starter kit as well.

Many (most) components will work with Netduino.

2) What is the status on the NetMF?  It's the first time I see it and I've been following MS technologies for a while.  Is there any active development?  I don't want to invest time and money in a dead platform.

Active development, the team just returned from China to America and got some team members back. Remember it is an Open Source project but MS does have people on it.

3) Is the Netduino Plus 2 compatible with the "Gagdeteer" ?  It seems interesting to have "plug and plug" hardware to keep it more simple, but the price tag seems a bit higher.

No, though I think at some point someone talked about a gagdeteer shield.

Thanks so much.

Best Regards,

Elezium

#61118 D13 - LED On Screwshield- Issue with SPI?

Posted by iced98lx on 01 January 2015 - 06:43 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Won't be using the pin for anything but SPI but I will keep that in mind. Worst case scenario I modify the shield and remove the LED / Resistor.

#61114 D13 - LED On Screwshield- Issue with SPI?

Posted by iced98lx on 01 January 2015 - 03:25 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello Chris, and have a happy new year, as well as your family.

The led shouldn't be an issue, because the current flowing is low. I'd recommend to keep the SPI speed relatively low, let's say 1-2 MHz max. Also try to keep the SPI wiring short (6 inches max) and, possibly, of the same length (SCLK, MISO, MOSI, SS).

The general rule is: the slower the signals are, the easier will be everything work fine.

Have a nice holidays.

Mario

Mario-

I hope you and yours have a happy new year, and had a wonderful holiday season as well, thank you for the kind wishes.

Thank you also for confirming my suspicions on the LED. Based on my application i have no need for fast reacting control of my shift register, slower is more than fine. I'll do some testing and let you know how it turns out.

#61110 D13 - LED On Screwshield- Issue with SPI?

Posted by iced98lx on 31 December 2014 - 06:53 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Using this screwshield: http://www.ebay.com/...5-/271334265468/ http://proto-pic.co.uk/protoscrewshield/

It has an LED hooked up to D13 (I can blink it etc with no issue) but I need to use D13 for SPI as I want to set up a chain of shift registers. Is having the LED on the shield going to mess up my SPI usage?

Thanks!

Chris

#61109 Beta: Visual Studio 2013 support

Posted by iced98lx on 31 December 2014 - 05:35 PM in Visual Studio

VS 2013 support with Firmware 4.3.1 is a welcome upgrade form VS2010 for me!!

Kudos Chris & Team

#61108 My Aquarium Controller + LED Lighting Controller

Posted by iced98lx on 31 December 2014 - 05:20 PM in Project Showcase

Okay Project V2 is under way. I've started the hardware side, and I'm starting pretty fresh code wise, while pulling stuff from the current incarnation to get moving. Biggest steps are more stable hardware setup (IE no solderless breadboards). 

Started a codeplex:

https://reefindotnet.codeplex.com/

and updated the blog:

http://reefin.net/

#61107 Adafruit 16-channel 12-bit pwm/servo shield

Posted by iced98lx on 31 December 2014 - 05:16 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I don't use the shield version, but I have http://www.adafruit.com/products/815working fine on my N+2. I am using pull up resistors off the SC and SD lines. I have that and an LCD backpack running on i2c with no issues. 

here is the driver code, I didn't write most of it:

http://pastebin.com/QBBhqbiF

I then initiate an instance of it:

static readonly Adafruit_PWMServoDriver mainLights = new Adafruit_PWMServoDriver(0x40, 100);

and then pass int's to it after I've determined the power I want:

mainLights.fadeTo((int)(caclLights[0]), (int)(caclLights[1]), (int)(caclLights[2]), (int)(caclLights[3]), (int)(caclLights[4]), 2);

In my case I'm setting a step (0-Max) as a "dim" value of a light which uses PWM, thus all the references to lights. The fade to method is a sub-optimal way of doing that, so I don't suggest you copy it, though it does work to sweep from one setting to another.

Hope that helps!

#59682 TFT LCD Display

Posted by iced98lx on 12 August 2014 - 03:29 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Came to this thread to go buy that screen, but the link does not exist anymore. Thinking perhaps a serial graphic LCD would be nice on my project, that or complete overkill.

#59486 TFT LCD Display

Posted by iced98lx on 31 July 2014 - 02:53 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Serial Interface so it should be feasible but the examples rely on the UTFT library. I know there is an alternate serial LCD library for Netduino, but I know nothing about it and haven't attempted to use it or any large graphical LCD. 

the library in this case does the heavy lifting, but being all serial commands it's likely possible to write a library that works with that screen.

#59423 My Aquarium Controller + LED Lighting Controller

Posted by iced98lx on 28 July 2014 - 07:21 PM in Project Showcase

Love the project - any diy is just amazing.

Quick question: I have been looking at the e-tape for a while and been trying to decide whether I should get it as opposed to the water level sensor found here: http://vegetronix.co...ucts/AquaPlumb/

Although the e-tape is cheaper, is it still accurate? Also, will it corrode in the salt water over time, because I don't want to have to continuously replace and hook it up to a system. 

Overall, my main question is: is it worth my while to get an etape, or should I keep looking for a different alternative?

Thanks for the help

I'd avoid the eTape, go with a pressure based sensor, just google 'arduino pressure liquid sensor'

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.