The first feature to test is network configuration. For this test, we have built special Netduino Plus 2 firmware which swaps out the lwIP networking stack for the Netduino.IP networking stack.
For this test, please:
- Grab a copy of the new MFDeploy with IPv6.
- Run the attached Netduino Update app to reflash your Netduino Plus 2 with Netduino.IP Preview firmware.
- Run the new MFDeploy tool and set IPv4, IPv6 and MAC address configuration options (in Target menu > Network Configuration). Make sure your changes are saved when you press "Update" and that the configuration options won't accept improperly-formatted entries.
mfdeploy_new_ipv6.gif 28.89KB 9 downloads
If you run into any troubles, please let me know. Once we know that everything is working well here (persisting both IPv4 and IPv6 settings), we'll move onto Build 2. Build 2 will add in ARP and network link status events. Then we'll move onto DHCP, etc.
Thank you for taking the time to help us test out Netduino.IP!
P.S. For those interested, we have posted the source code in our Netduino repository.
Here are a few highlights:
- Network configuration for Netduino Plus 2 BSP -- this demonstrates how to enable IPv6. Be sure to use the "extended" flag with the main network configuration.
- Netduino.IP stack option for standard NETMF compilation -- this is a thin layer which loads/saves network configuration settings; we'll have this pull in the managed code Netduino.IP assemblies by default a bit later in the preview program.