Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

TFT LCD Display

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dr Who

Dr Who

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:22 PM

Hello!

I just bought this fellow http://tinkersphere....compatible.html sadly they only show Arduino examples and indeed a library was presented, via a link from its documentation. 

Oddly enough no mention of the Raspberry Pi which it was also aimed at.

And as it happens since the Netduino has much of the same pinout as the Arduino I thought this would be a good candidate. Has anyone gotten it to work?

Doctor Who
"This signature does not exist!"

#2 iced98lx

iced98lx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:53 PM

Serial Interface so it should be feasible but the examples rely on the UTFT library. I know there is an alternate serial LCD library for Netduino, but I know nothing about it and haven't attempted to use it or any large graphical LCD. 

the library in this case does the heavy lifting, but being all serial commands it's likely possible to write a library that works with that screen.

#3 Dr Who

Dr Who

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:48 PM

Serial Interface so it should be feasible but the examples rely on the UTFT library. I know there is an alternate serial LCD library for Netduino, but I know nothing about it and haven't attempted to use it or any large graphical LCD. 

the library in this case does the heavy lifting, but being all serial commands it's likely possible to write a library that works with that screen.

Hello!

That's what I thought as well. I had hoped for a comment or two from our hosts, since they and the store are neighbors.

I have a help question out to the store regarding why the provided (in a matter of speaking) library example didn't want to work after being changed for the library, or worse it was found to be too large for the processor on the board by the IDE.

I'll know more about that one soon I should think.

Doctor Who
"This signature does not exist!"

#4 iced98lx

iced98lx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

Came to this thread to go buy that screen, but the link does not exist anymore. Thinking perhaps a serial graphic LCD would be nice on my project, that or complete overkill.

#5 asciiman

asciiman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:22 AM

hi

http://forums.netdui...ft-lcd-ili9341/

sir 

alesbedac

wrote this code and it works but slowly

i hope so alesbedac write new code :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.