Fahdil's Content - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Fahdil's Content

There have been 53 items by Fahdil (Search limited from 20-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#58440 Committing File to SD Card

Posted by Fahdil on 27 May 2014 - 07:24 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

it's an essential problem. I just wonder to buy N+2, but after read this thread....  I think twice, maybe it's ok to keep develop my project using N+  :wacko:

#56387 MQTT for the Netduino Plus

Posted by Fahdil on 25 February 2014 - 12:06 PM in Project Showcase

So as long as... My Netduino has an IP. it is possible to try.hmm

and about the broker, do we need a contract with them, or it's just a free service?

thanks anyway for your respon

#56386 Dead USB, can't deploy, connect or reset...

Posted by Fahdil on 25 February 2014 - 11:36 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Nothing Show up on device manager... I've using 4.2 version installed.

Yes I did, try erasing and re-flashing... and yes last time I did passed the enable boot script. so I reset it again (connecting gold pin near D0 to 3.3v). but It's the USB port not detected anymore.

#56378 Dead USB, can't deploy, connect or reset...

Posted by Fahdil on 25 February 2014 - 08:17 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Update.....

My broken Netduino appears in comp management for Once...... 

After a month I left my broken NP1, today I take a bit try to plug it to my PC. Surprisingly, it's appear on comp. management. So I open my Samba and send the tinibooloader.  Successfully thought.... -_-

So it have to re-plug to see and ping on MFdeploy.... and Tarraaaaa it's doesn't detected anymore....

So I assume:

1. Somewhere in Netduino USB port maybe broken.

2. there is a remaining current for a while after plug out the usb (something like capacitive current). once this current drain out, I can detect the Netduino again for once. dunno how long.

hoho funny.... but I do experience this.... first time I try to re-plug it was a week after the Netduino was death, and the next 2 days. So I decide to bought the new 1. Today i give it a try with the death NP, and still happening so I post to the forum. Hope someone could solve this.

cheers

#56318 Extending Analog Input using 4017 and 4066

Posted by Fahdil on 23 February 2014 - 10:21 PM in Project Showcase

as you mention above, I get it. but I mean to hear digital inputs all together.

this is solve relate to this thread....

cheers

#56317 Extensive driver for the MCP23S17 I/O expander

Posted by Fahdil on 23 February 2014 - 10:17 PM in Project Showcase

exactly..... :D...  thanks to you.... 

I hope to see that chip on the market. Last time i looked for 74HC595, it takes 2hours before i found 2 of it on the  market!!! :lol:

cheers

#56316 Extending Digital Input using game Controller

Posted by Fahdil on 23 February 2014 - 10:08 PM in General Discussion

I think, this thread was solved.... as mention by Hanz and andy on the other thread.

I will try it once i got those chips. thanks any way.... love this forum so much.....

#56314 Extensive driver for the MCP23S17 I/O expander

Posted by Fahdil on 23 February 2014 - 09:56 PM in Project Showcase

It's clear enough for me... God thanks....

so.. for the LCD display,, there is no easier way to mix it with microLiquidCristalclass.

var lcdProvider = new GpioLcdTransferProvider(MCP23S17.Pins.GPIO_12, // RSMCP23S17.Pins.GPIO_11, // enableMCP23S17.Pins.GPIO_PIN_10, // d4MCP23S17.Pins.GPIO_PIN_9, // d5MCP23S17.Pins.GPIO_PIN_8, // d6MCP23S17.Pins.GPIO_PIN_7); // d7var myLcd = new Lcd(lcdProvider);myLcd.begin(16,2);

and..... maybe a little modification on LcdProvider Class....  ^_^

but First thing to do is lookin for the chip on the market. hepfh.... :blink:

#56310 Extensive driver for the MCP23S17 I/O expander

Posted by Fahdil on 23 February 2014 - 08:27 PM in Project Showcase

ok.. another great work Andy. 

allows for multiple MCP23S17s to be defined and will produce outputs in a continuous array

so... actually i dont need to drive LCD display using M74HC595. I think it should be easier to drive it using MCP2317.... :rolleyes:

thanks in advance for hanz and andy.

#56300 Extensive driver for the MCP23S17 I/O expander

Posted by Fahdil on 23 February 2014 - 01:51 PM in Project Showcase

what a great work :ph34r: ...

but I've headache while read those code... hahaha :lol:

little bit slowly to understand the code. :P .... 

#56298 Extending Digital Input using game Controller

Posted by Fahdil on 23 February 2014 - 01:46 PM in General Discussion

absolutely cool.....

but... I've using SPI pin to control 16x2LCD display using M74HC595, can I use it together?

thanks anyway...

#56296 Extending Digital Input using game Controller

Posted by Fahdil on 23 February 2014 - 12:45 PM in General Discussion

Got it.... maybe I can use this....

http://www.arduino.c...In#.Uws9WvmSzoE

got to try...

cheers...

#56292 Extending Digital Input using game Controller

Posted by Fahdil on 23 February 2014 - 11:19 AM in General Discussion

Dear hanz,

I find your project description to be somewhat cryptic - are you looking to have the Netduino act as USB host reading the gamepad or is it the other way around - e.g. the Netduino should act as a gamepad that will be read by a PC over USB as means of sending sensor information to the PC?

thanks for your response. Actually I just need to watch 16 and more digital input at the same time. last time I did it in my PC using usb gamepad. This gamepad sent data byte to my PC. (button 1 = byte 1, Button 3 = byte 4, button 4 = byte 8 and so on).

but I dont know how to do it in the Netduino. 

If there any shield which has 16 button connect to a serial port then it would be solve the problem. 

Cheers

#56237 Extending Analog Input using 4017 and 4066

Posted by Fahdil on 20 February 2014 - 09:29 PM in Project Showcase

dear Mario,

You may use the same chip for the boolean I/O as well. As the 4066, the HC4052 is like a "rotary switch" (made of MOSFETs, of course).

as you mention above, I get it. but I mean to hear digital inputs all together. In my windows app, I'm using USB game controller to get digital input to my pC. In example, if I press Button X, it will send to the app a byte 3, and if I press X and O together it will send 3 + 2 (byte 5). and so on. so I can hear all 16 button (which drove by digital signal) together, only by 1slot usb. 

I wish, i could do that on Netduino. btw I'm sorry if i'm not good enough :( . it's really a pleasure if someone can told me how to solve it. I do really glad you were suggested a cool way ^^ about my Analog input problem.

Cheers. :D

umm... about the volcano dust, I'm so far enough from it. but anyway thanks for your care. ^_^

#56192 Extending Analog Input using 4017 and 4066

Posted by Fahdil on 19 February 2014 - 05:52 AM in Project Showcase

Hi Mario,

I'm in Indonesia, there are so many of those chips here. hahaha I just know those chips are so old ages. :lol:

and thanks for your suggestion. It's really a great suggestion. I will look for 4052 in the market.....  :P

and I ask to forum how to extend digital input. hope you know the best IC I looking for. :D

http://forums.netdui...ame-controller/

cheers ^.^V

#56153 Extending Analog Input using 4017 and 4066

Posted by Fahdil on 17 February 2014 - 07:42 PM in Project Showcase

Great circuit - Well done - Thanks for sharing.

:D  your well come....

#56152 Using VB to develop arduino project

Posted by Fahdil on 17 February 2014 - 07:07 PM in General Discussion

I'm using both of it... there's sometime Vb can't handle the code, and sometime vice versa on C#.

example:

C# can't do Switch case using a range value, otherwise Vb can do. So the solution is, create the code in class .dll on Vb and use it on C#, so does vice versa. this is why I love netduino... We can reduce language incompatibility. :)

aaand.... if you wanna keep code on Vb but you got sample code on C#... go to online code conversion....

there's somebody else do the job... so you can use it....

http://www.developer...t/csharp-to-vb/

umm.... notice that, maybe you using a wrong header in wrong forum.... 

arduino forum is not here bro... :ph34r:

Cheers :D

#56147 Extending Analog Input using 4017 and 4066

Posted by Fahdil on 17 February 2014 - 05:58 PM in Project Showcase

My project Goal is "Netduino Read 9 or more Analog Sensor".

Here I'm using Netduino+, with RTC on A4 and A5. so I just have 4 left more analog pin, but I used to read 9 analog sensor continuously. So I come with 4017 and 4066 to drive Analog Reading alternately.

here my schema:

Posted Image

Q0 => Humidity Sensor

Q1 => Distinguish-er (not a sensor... just a voltage divider to return 2.2v )

Q2 => Temperature

Q3 => Air Pressure

Q4 => Reset if you don't attaching any  more sensors.

Q5 - Q9 (we can add more sensor) but in my case I just need to use 3 sensor in a single analog pin.

whenever we trigger 4017,  it will send a 3.3v logic consecutively from Q0 to Q9 (except you reset it on middle).

This is one block of 4017 and 4066 as switcher. we can trigger the 4017 clock by using a single digital pin as output port. here, every 15sec netduino trigger 4017 to switch the analog input.

if (_getDistinguisher){    Distinguisher.Read(); //read analog input    while (Distinguisher.value < 2000) //millivolts    {	Switcher.Switch(); //trigger 4017 to switch the channel (send positive triger 50ms)        Distinghuiser.Read();        Thread.Sleep(490);    }    if (Distinguisher.value > 2000) // if analog input reads 2v    { Switcher.Channel = 0; _getDistinguisher = false; } // then reset the chanel}if (_Second % 15 == 0) //do switch every 15 sec.{    if (_timeToSwitch)    {        Switcher.Switch();        if (Switcher.Channel == 0 || Switcher.Channel == 4) { Switcher.Channel = 0;         _getDistinguisher = true; }        _timeToSwitch = false;    }}else { _timeToSwitch = true; }

and we can read analog input alternately, here I use a simple code: (read 3 Analog sensor in asingle Analog Pin)

switch (Switcher.Channel) //these all Analog Read from Analog_GPIO_A0{   case 0:	Distinguisher.Read();        _currentReadValue = "Ch 0: " + Distinguisher.valueToString;//to display on Lcd        break;    case 1:        AirTemprature.Read();        AirTemprature.Collect(AirTemprature.value);        _currentReadValue = "Ch 1: " + AirTemprature.valueToString;        break;    case 2:        Humidity.Read();        HumidityContainer.Collect(Humidity.value);        _currentReadValue = "Ch 2: " + Humidity.valueToString;        break;    case 3:        AirPress.Read();        AirPressContainer.Collect(AirPress.value);        _currentReadValue = "Ch 3: " + AirPress.valueToString;        break;    default:	break;    }

Here's my note:

4017 is not always start with channel 0 on the start Up. That's why I do this (keep read and switch until we got the distinguish-er. 

while (Distinguisher.value < 2000)    {	Switcher.Switch(); //trigger 4017 to switch the channel        Distinguisher.Read();        Thread.Sleep(490);    }

I'm still work with the code... so I cant attach it yet :P (sorry)... I will attach it soon.... :)

Cheers ^.^V

#56144 Extending Digital Input using game Controller

Posted by Fahdil on 17 February 2014 - 04:39 PM in General Discussion

hi guys,

I'm developing a sensor station.... it will have more than 20 digital sensor. so in this case, I will using IC's 4066 to switch a USB Game Controller buttons. 

schema:

Digital Sensors ==> 4066 ==> Drive USB Game Controller Buttons ==> Send Byte to PC / Netduino

I've got no problem to do it in windows app. but hopefully to do it on Netduino. is any one have an idea how to send byte from USB to netduino? can I solve this by using USB host shield? or maybe FTDI cable?

appreciate any suggestion.

*additional Note:

4066 is just like a relay, it has 4 block switch on 1 IC.

#56013 Interrupt Port Fail

Posted by Fahdil on 11 February 2014 - 10:46 AM in General Discussion

What The....

Sorry My mistake...

Notice that I call the class with wrong method:

Encoder MyEncoder = new Encoder(Cpu.Pin.GPIO_Pin4, Cpu.Pin.GPIO_Pin5, Cpu.Pin.GPIO.GPIO_NONE);

and now work again using:

Encoder MyEncoder = new Encoder(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D4, Pins.GPIO_PIN_D5, Pins.GPIO_NONE);

huff.... one another silly mistakes

waste my 2 hours for this .... it's really a big lesson.

#56012 Interrupt Port Fail

Posted by Fahdil on 11 February 2014 - 09:42 AM in General Discussion

Hi guys,

Lately, I try to use a rotary encoder. I get the code from wiki 

http://wiki.netduino...oder-Input.ashx

namespace RotaryEncoder{    /// <summary>    /// For use with quadrature encoders where signal A and B are 90° out of phase.    /// </summary>    /// <remarks>    /// For a detented rotary encoder such as http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9117    /// Written by Michael Paauwe    /// Tested with .NETMF 4.2RC1 and Netduino Plus FW4.2.0RC1    /// </remarks>    class Encoder    {        private InputPort PhaseB;        private InterruptPort PhaseA;        private InterruptPort Button;        public bool buttonState = false;        public int position = 0;        /// <summary>        /// Constructor for encoder class        /// </summary>        /// <param name="pinA">The pin used for output A</param>        /// <param name="pinB">The pin used for output B</param>        /// <param name="pinButton">The pin used for the push contact (Optional:GPIO_NONE if not used)</param>        public Encoder(Cpu.Pin pinA, Cpu.Pin pinB, Cpu.Pin pinButton = Pins.GPIO_NONE)        {            PhaseA = new InterruptPort(pinA, false, Port.ResistorMode.PullUp, Port.InterruptMode.InterruptEdgeBoth);            PhaseA.OnInterrupt += new NativeEventHandler(PhaseA_OnInterrupt);            PhaseB = new InputPort(pinB, false, Port.ResistorMode.PullUp);            if (pinB != Pins.GPIO_NONE)            {                Button = new InterruptPort(pinButton, false, Port.ResistorMode.PullUp, Port.InterruptMode.InterruptEdgeBoth);                Button.OnInterrupt += new NativeEventHandler(Button_OnInterrupt);            }        }        void PhaseA_OnInterrupt(uint port, uint state, DateTime time)        {            if (state == 0)            {                if (PhaseB.Read() == true)                    position++;                else                    position--;            }            else            {                if (PhaseB.Read() == true)                    position--;                else                    position++;            }        }        void Button_OnInterrupt(uint port, uint state, DateTime time)        {            buttonState = (state == 0);        }    }} 

the code works fine for a week, but today it's goes fail. I see my encoder just fine when I test it by using LED attached on the Pins (it's still blinking). So I guess that the Interrupt Port doesnt work well anymore.

I put a breakpoint on the If statement(shown below), and debuging never reach this code, even I rotate the encoder.

void PhaseA_OnInterrupt(uint port, uint state, DateTime time)        {            if (state == 0)

hope someone could see my problem and come up solution.

#55850 MQTT for the Netduino Plus

Posted by Fahdil on 04 February 2014 - 10:01 AM in Project Showcase

I love using MQTT myself. I have my home automation system running on MQTT. It only consists of lawn irrigation and garage door controller right now. I also have a home security lab that connects 11 netduinos via MQTT. Take a look at http://cloudhomesecurity.com for details. You can find kinks to the code on the website. The mqtt library needs a lot of work though.

Hi Mike,

I saw that you used a LAN cable to connect the netduino to MQTT broker(or maybe internet). Is it possible to use MQTT via GSM/GPRS shield? I dont have idea what MQTT exactly is? if I want to measure an environment in the remote site, which is no 3G connection. but I want to use M2M protocol, what I have to prepare to learn.?

Here is My desired topology:

Netduino+ --> GSM/GPRS shield .......?....... ----> GSM modem (wavecom etc) --->PC

can i comunicate between those GSM modem via MQTT? or M2M? is there any special requirements?

*still googling about it....

cheers

#55825 Sending SMS via GSMshield (icomsat v1.1)...return error

Posted by Fahdil on 03 February 2014 - 06:55 AM in Project Showcase

next to try:

How to use IcomSat v1.1 as fax modem...

#55810 ADC value divide by 1024 or 1023

Posted by Fahdil on 02 February 2014 - 01:54 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Dear Guys,

I cant measure 0.0mV even I put the analog pin to Gnd. it's still read as 3.3 - 6.4mV.... I'm using RTC on A4/A5. If I remove this RTC and undeclare it on the code, I can reach 0.0mV, but impossible while RTC is plug in.

It's annoying... Most My sensor has sensitivity on millivolts range. Does anyone have the same experience? any way out?

#55805 Analog Input Example on the Netduino Plus and Netduino Plus 2

Posted by Fahdil on 02 February 2014 - 07:41 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

After adding a 200k resistor. the ofset become 0.64 - 0.93 mv 

did someone know how to stabilize the analog read? (remove the noise)

cheers

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.