Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Tobias Vandenbempt's Content

There have been 32 items by Tobias Vandenbempt (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#59680 Robot Arm

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 12 August 2014 - 12:34 PM in Project Showcase

The .NET Micro Framework team (www.netmf.com, Microsoft) just unveiled a project they're working on, part of which controls a robot arm using a Netduino. Blog article: http://blogs.msdn.co...move-again.aspx YouTube Video: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=diZuR5eAY_Y Pretty cool! Chris

It's been 4 years, no more word on this?

#58383 NP2 & Sparkfun BMP085 (I2C)

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 24 May 2014 - 05:31 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I tried the 100 Khz setting, tried different addresses, tried creating a new solution with a simple setup to test the I2C communication.

However still bumping into errors.
This time it fails on the initialization of I2CDevice class in the MultiI2C base class. 

I created a rar file with the solution in it, don't know if it'll help. 

Download : http://bit.ly/SwLUGY

Sigh! :)

#58382 RebootDevice(false) doesn't reenter Main

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 24 May 2014 - 05:24 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Concerning the post topic, I think the Netduino Reboot does work, it just loses the connection with visual studio which doesn't display any more log lines in the debug window. Which, when I think of it, is perfectly logical. 

#58381 RebootDevice(false) doesn't reenter Main

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 24 May 2014 - 05:21 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Fieuw, fixed it. I reconnected USB, like I tried before, but this time I disconnected the LAN Cable causing the DateTimeController to timeout which gave Visual Studio enough time to upload the new assemblies which solved my problem.

Good thing that DateTimeController line was still in there.

#58380 RebootDevice(false) doesn't reenter Main

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 24 May 2014 - 05:13 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

While trying to simplify the main method for testing BMP085 and the above mentioned restart problem I've uploaded some code that continiously restarts the netduino causing me to not be able to upload new code. 

Error 1 An error has occurred: please check your hardware.

Last codeset:

public static void Main()
        {
            Debug.Print("Welcome to Netduino");
            LedController.BlinkAllLights(3, 50);
            DateTimeController.UpdateInternalClock();
            SystemController.RestartNetduino();
            while (true)
            {
                Tick(null);
                Thread.Sleep(1000 * 60 * 1); //sleep 1 minutes
            }
        }

Each time I press Start in my solution it blinks the lights and gives me the error message when "Preparing to deploy assemblies to the device. " and then displaying "Deploy failed".

Positive thing in this situation is the proof that the restart function does something at least. 

(The tick method is empty.)

Hope it's fixable, 

Tobias

#58108 RebootDevice(false) doesn't reenter Main

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 13 May 2014 - 07:06 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Tobias,

Netduino Plus 2 supports the more robust hard reboot (which completely resets the micro and restarts NETMF). The soft reboot feature was useful on older boards like Netduino 1 which couldn't re-enumerate after a hard reset.

Does RebootDevice(true) work for you?

Chris

I will try that when I get back home. But still wouldn't be logical if the soft reboot did work, would it?

But normal behavior would be that the Main method gets called after reboot?

Thanks, 

Tobias

#58035 RebootDevice(false) doesn't reenter Main

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 10 May 2014 - 11:16 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi guys, 

I tried to use the following statement on my Netduino Plus 2 today and it didn't enter the Program Main() function after restarting. You happen to know why this is? 

Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PowerState.RebootDevice(false);

The False parameter is described as 'Soft', what does this imply? 

As usual, thanks in advance!

Tobias

#58010 Running netduino from a power bank

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 09 May 2014 - 09:04 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

How did you disable the Ethernet?

Good question, my temperature logger logs temperature each 30 minutes. I could make the Netduino more power efficient if turned down the Ethernet between calls. 

Interesting!

#57751 Netduino Plus 2 - First project blog

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 25 April 2014 - 07:06 AM in Project Showcase

Hi Chris, 

Sorry but I'm not following. If I click on the link to the post, it just works. 

http://forums.netdui...fun-bmp085-i2c/

Should I repost entire thread? 

Tobias

#57728 Running netduino from a power bank

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 24 April 2014 - 08:34 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

600mL,

Thanks for the follow-up. What are you building? Curious minds want to know :)

Chris

I am one of those :)

#57637 Netduino Plus 2 - First project blog

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 18 April 2014 - 07:32 PM in Project Showcase

Thanks for sharing, Tobias. How was the integration with ThingSpeak? Pretty simple?

Chris

Using the uPLibrary from CodePlex, SUPER simple :). Like you see in my code. 

Have you had the time to look at my I2C Sensor problem again? http://forums.netdui...fun-bmp085-i2c/

Thanks!

#57627 Quad.Net Quadrocopter for .NETMF

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 18 April 2014 - 09:20 AM in Project Showcase

Yes! Please! Get the guys on this forum playing with Quad.net, especially if you guys have dropped this altogether. 

#57626 Netduino - WiFi

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 18 April 2014 - 09:10 AM in Project Showcase

Somebody should make a wrapper class and put it on CodePlex :) love to play with this too!

#57624 Netduino Plus 2 - First project blog

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 18 April 2014 - 08:53 AM in Project Showcase

Added article about a simple implementation of ThingSpeak publishing & results. http://netduinoblog.wordpress.com

#57477 Help with netduino Networking

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 11 April 2014 - 10:45 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

So I've been analysing the webserver code. 

Webserver Start

public WebServerController(int port, int timeout)
        {
            this.Timeout = timeout;
            this.Port = port;
            this.serverThread = new Thread(StartServer);
            Debug.Print("Web server started on port " + port.ToString());
            this.CommandReceived += WebServerController_CommandReceived;
           // _temperatureController = new OneWireTemperatureSensorController(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D0);

}

CommandHandling & Send Response

void WebServerController_CommandReceived(object obj, WebServerEventArgs e)
        {

Outputstream(e.response,"OK");
}

public static string OutPutStream(Socket response, string strResponse)
        {
            try
            {
                byte[] messageBody = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(strResponse);
                if (!response.Poll(0, SelectMode.SelectError))
                if (response != null)
                {
                    Debug.Print("Sending Response! ( " + messageBody.Length + ") " + response +" " + messageBody);
                    response.Send(messageBody, 0, messageBody.Length, SocketFlags.None);
                }
                //allow time to physically send the bits
                Thread.Sleep(1000);
                return "";
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {

Debug.Print("Error while sending reply  " + ex.Message);
                return ex.Message;
            }

}

My PC Client sending the command receives a webexception (connection closed). I believe it may be because the Netduino Webserver response doesn't contain HTTP Headers, which is a HTTP Violation thus the error. Or would that result in a different exception?

They debate about the same thing here: http://stackoverflow...-httpwebrequest

Any suggestions or ideas I could try?  

#57399 I2CBus

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 07 April 2014 - 02:48 PM in Project Showcase

Could you guys possible take a look at my problem with I2C? 

http://forums.netdui...fun-bmp085-i2c/

Thanks in advance!

Tobias

#57362 Help with netduino Networking

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 06 April 2014 - 06:47 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I'm guessing that your NP2 server code is closing the socket after it sends the HTTP reponse.

In that case my response object would have been filled just before the connection closed exception occured, no? It now breaks when trying to fill that object. 

#57260 Help with netduino Networking

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 01 April 2014 - 01:19 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thanks guys we have managed to get the network to send and receive data from each other, getting a different problem but i will ask about that a bit later today if we dont come right.

I've managed HTTP communication from client(PC) to server(NP2) using a (small) web server that runs on my NP2. However the client, which is a pc application, immediatly gets a connection closed exception. You have any idea why this might occur? 

Project link: https://netduinoblog...an-you-hear-me/

#57234 NP2 & Sparkfun BMP085 (I2C)

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 31 March 2014 - 02:38 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi tobiasv,

At first glance, your wiring looks alright. The pull-ups are 4.7K (and you have shorted the solder jumper on the breakout...so they should be working as pull-ups). That's a little higher value than we like, but it should work with the 5V supply.

Have you tried using a slower I2C speed?

Also...what line of code in the project does this crash on, exactly? If we can reduce this down a simpler sample, we may be able to help out from this side.

Chris

Is this the I2C speed setting ? 

public IC_BMP085(Byte Address, int speed = 400)
            : base(new I2CDevice.Configuration(Address, speed)) // maybe 400khz
        {
            Thread updateThread = new Thread(Update);
            updateThread.Priority = ThreadPriority.Lowest;
            updateThread.Start();
        }

It used to be like this:  
public IC_BMP085(Byte Address)
            : base(new I2CDevice.Configuration(Address, 400)) // maybe 400khz
        {
            Thread updateThread = new Thread(Update);
            updateThread.Priority = ThreadPriority.Lowest;
            updateThread.Start();
        }

I tried it at 200. But no luck, keeps failing at the same line in CalculateTemperature()

#57085 NP2 & Sparkfun BMP085 (I2C)

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 25 March 2014 - 08:04 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi tobiasv,

At first glance, your wiring looks alright. The pull-ups are 4.7K (and you have shorted the solder jumper on the breakout...so they should be working as pull-ups). That's a little higher value than we like, but it should work with the 5V supply.

Have you tried using a slower I2C speed?

Also...what line of code in the project does this crash on, exactly? If we can reduce this down a simpler sample, we may be able to help out from this side.

Chris

I'm not able to test the slower I2C Speed atm, not sure how to, even if I could. ;).

But I do know it now crashes in the IC_BMP085 Class in the method CalculateTemperature() on the following line: 

x2 = mc * 2048 / (x1 + md);

This was caused by x1 + md being 0, so DivideByZero Exception. 

I'll test the slower I2C, once I know how, tomorrow. 

Thanks for looking at the issue ! :)

Tobias

#57077 Netduino plus 2 OneWire support for the confused (noob)

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 25 March 2014 - 07:49 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Of course the wiring is important as well(don't forget the resistor!) but I think it's clear on the image.

If it doesn't work, or it does. Let us know :) 

Good luck

#57055 Netduino plus 2 OneWire support for the confused (noob)

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 24 March 2014 - 09:52 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

You can just copy my Controller code to a class and then use that class as follows:

private static OneWireTemperatureSensorController _tempertureController;
public static void Main()
{
_tempertureController = new OneWireTemperatureSensorController(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D0);
     while (true)
     {
                Tick(null);
                //Thread.Sleep(10 * 1000 ); //sleep 10 seconds
                Thread.Sleep(1000 * 60 * 30); //sleep 30 minutes
     }
}

private static void Tick(object state)
{
    var temp = _tempertureController.ReadTemperatureToConsole(TemperatureEnum.Celcius, false);
} 
The temperature then gets logged to your Console window, so there you will see the temperature readings. 

Hope this is easy to read, if not ask away!

#57017 Netduino plus 2 OneWire support for the confused (noob)

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 23 March 2014 - 12:00 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I've done this very thing, and have a blog post about it. Maybe it will help you? 

http://netduinoblog.Wordpress.com

https://netduinoblog...sensor-ds18b20/

#57012 NP2 & Sparkfun BMP085 (I2C)

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 23 March 2014 - 07:52 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

You don't seem to have any pullup resisters on the I2C bus. Could that be the issue?

I believe they are already on the BMP085 Sensor, you can see them on the picture. Unless I'm completely mistaken?

#56996 Netduino Plus 2 - First project blog

Posted by Tobias Vandenbempt on 22 March 2014 - 01:35 PM in Project Showcase

Added article about implementation of a webserver on my NP2. http://netduinoblog.wordpress.com

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.