Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

iandi's Content

There have been 23 items by iandi (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#40366 2 potentiometers

Posted by iandi on 28 November 2012 - 01:57 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Andi,

What do you have on Port5? There is no Serial module for GoBus yet.

If you disable the GoBus channel (GoPorts 5-8) then you can use the UART pins on any of those ports directly. Otherwise they're reserved for GoBus.

Chris

Hi Chris,

just a quick one.

As Im using more than 5 ports, and I would use the button module, is there any timeline for the GoBus Hub on the horizon?

Cheers

Andi ;-)

#40359 2 potentiometers

Posted by iandi on 28 November 2012 - 11:57 AM in Netduino Go

Simply by using the UART you've disabled the other ports. Those pins are shared among all 4 ports. Same goes for ports 1-4 if you use the UART there you disable all of those ports as well.

Hi Arron,

great. Thanks for this important info!

As I need more than 5 ports, I would go now for the shield base, correct?

Cheers

Andi ;-)

#40299 2 potentiometers

Posted by iandi on 27 November 2012 - 09:41 AM in Netduino Go

Hi Andi,

What do you have on Port5? There is no Serial module for GoBus yet.

If you disable the GoBus channel (GoPorts 5-8) then you can use the UART pins on any of those ports directly. Otherwise they're reserved for GoBus.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I am using UART for serial comm on port 5. I assume I havent disabled the GoBus channel. Thats a great hint. Sorry for the stupid question, how can I do this?

Many thanks for helping out

Andi

#40298 2 potentiometers

Posted by iandi on 27 November 2012 - 09:39 AM in Netduino Go

Andi,

Not sure what the status is, Did you get it working?

If not I will try to help but without knowing a little more information on what is connected to the Netduino Go and something about how you have written the code it is difficult to help correct the problem.

If you are not working on a super secret project, it would help to know:

• What modules you have plugged in and where.
  • What references and firmware you are using.
  • The code you are trying to run.
  • It sounds like you have a shieldbase for the serial, which com port (you can't use com1 on pins D0 & D1 yet)
The more you can share the easier it is to help identify the problem. It will also help show others how to do something they may be looking for.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

this are the 4 differenz port distributions I have used

Successful, Failing, Failing, Failing

Port1: LED, -, -, -

Port2: Poti1, Poti1, Poti1 ,Poti1

Port3: NWAZET, LCD, LCD, LCD

Port4: Poti2, LED, -, -

Port5: serial, comm, serial, serial,

Port6: -, -, -, LED

Port7: button, button, button, button

Port8: -, Poti2, LED, -

for

[*]What references and firmware you are using.
[*]The code you are trying to run.
[*]It sounds like you have a shieldbase for the serial, which com port (you can't use com1 on pins D0 & D1 yet)[/list]The more you can share the easier it is to help identify the problem. It will also help show others how to do something they may be looking for.

I will come back in the next days as I dont have my program currently in front of me ;-)

Cheers and thanks a lot for your help

Andi

#40014 2 potentiometers

Posted by iandi on 23 November 2012 - 03:16 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Chris, Hi Chuck, I have tried both, taking out the specific port out of the constructor, this didnt help. Moving the second Potentiometer to another port (port 4) helped. I have tried the following combinations (some have one Poti only!), 'failing' means that debugging complained once port of Poti2 or if no Poti2 was there, LED was called Successful Failing Failing Failing Port1: LED - - - Port2: Poti1 Poti1 Poti1 Poti1 Port3: NWAZET LCD LCD LCD LCD Port4: Poti2 LED - - Port5: serial comm serial serial serial Port6: - - - LED Port7: button button button button Port8: - Poti2 LED - However, solution 1 worked in debug mode only as long as I didnt use serial comm. What I realized several times now (which is not an issue but now we as we know it we just have to make sure that we do it) is that only after deploying and re-connecting the board, serial comm is working. Cheers Andi ;-)

#39939 2 potentiometers

Posted by iandi on 22 November 2012 - 09:45 AM in Netduino Go

Hi All, is it possible to use 2 potentiometers? Im getting the following error: "An unhandled exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in NetduinoGo.Potentiometer.dll" on this last line NetduinoGo.RgbLed led1 = new RgbLed(GoSockets.Socket1); NetduinoGo.Potentiometer pot1 = new Potentiometer(GoSockets.Socket2); -> NetduinoGo.Potentiometer pot2 = new Potentiometer(GoSockets.Socket6); Maybe Im overlooking something obvious. Ive tested different sockets. Best wishes Andi ;-)

#39327 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.1

Posted by iandi on 14 November 2012 - 09:08 AM in Netduino Go

Hi iandi,

What speed are you using to communicate with the serial device?

If you connect it to one of the COM ports on a Shield Base instead, does that work for you?

Do you happen to have a logic analyzer? Or can debug the sent/received data from the device itself? In other words...is data getting lost/corrupted getting _to_ the device or en route to the mainboard?

Chris

Hi Chris,

we are communicating with 9600 baud.

We have a logic analyzer which I wanted to use today, but after rebooting the board and I dont know why, serial communication works reliably ;-) This is magic and hopefully won't dissapear magically ;-))

I havent rebooted the board after I changed the SPI speed for the NWAZET screen.

Cheers

Andi ;-)

#39251 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.1

Posted by iandi on 13 November 2012 - 11:11 AM in Netduino Go

Hi Andi,

The 4.2.1 update is mostly bug fixes in the NETMF firmware. One of those bug fixes is that we were not throwing exceptions properly in some cases in the earlier versions (such as when trying to create two OutputPorts with the same pin).

Let's make sure we get your serial comm back up and running, along with the [nwazet touchscreen accessory. Let's attach one of those at a time.

First, the serial communication. What is/is not working, specifically? Are you able to open the port? Does data get sent? What type of device are you talking to? If you switch to a GoPort on the other side of the board, does it work then?

Chris

Hi Chris,

we have reduced SPI speed to 10MHZ as NWAZET recommended and the screen works well now.

As far as the serial comm is concerned, yes, we can open the port and we can send data to it, but our serial module, which is connected to the GO! port, doesnt recognize it (which it did before we flashed to 4.2.1). It was working all the time and we have neither changed any code nor electronic wiring.

Also, there is no error thrown when sending to the port...

Cheers

Andi ;-)

#39162 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.1

Posted by iandi on 12 November 2012 - 12:39 PM in Netduino Go

OOp! Sorry. My mistaken. It is 4.2.0.2

Hi Supra,

it works with 4.2.0.0 and it may work with 4.2.0.2, the issue however is to use the NWAZET screen under 4.2.1.x ;-)

Have you tested it under the new firmware?

Cheers

Andi ;-)

#39148 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.1

Posted by iandi on 12 November 2012 - 10:07 AM in Netduino Go

Did u download new firmware 4.2.02? My nwazet LCD still working

Hi Supra,

Im lost now... We have re-flashed to 4.2.1, surely Im missing here something and overlooked something. What is 4.2.02?

Cheers

Andi

#39147 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.1

Posted by iandi on 12 November 2012 - 10:04 AM in Netduino Go

Hi Chris,

Hi Andi,

The 4.2.1 update is mostly bug fixes in the NETMF firmware. One of those bug fixes is that we were not throwing exceptions properly in some cases in the earlier versions (such as when trying to create two OutputPorts with the same pin).

Let's make sure we get your serial comm back up and running, along with the [nwazet touchscreen accessory. Let's attach one of those at a time.

First, the serial communication. What is/is not working, specifically? Are you able to open the port? Does data get sent? What type of device are you talking to? If you switch to a GoPort on the other side of the board, does it work then?

Chris

many thanks for your quick reply. I will check and will give you an update shortly. So far I saw that I could open the port but couldnt send data. But please let me double check.

Would you recommend us to "remove all of the Secretlab libraries"?

Best wishes and take care

Andi ;-)

#38905 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.1

Posted by iandi on 10 November 2012 - 02:00 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Chris, meanwhile we have re-added GoBus.dll and nothing has changed, neither NWAZET screen nor serial comm are working. Could you please let us know what was changed in the firmware? At least it would be great to see the debugger telling us what goes wrong ;-) Also it would be cool if you could test all core functionalities before releasing a new firmware (sorry, I dont want to offend or to annoy anybody, as we see that you are doing a great job) So far, the new firmware release is a phantom for our developers as the code stopped working ;-)) Cheers Andi ;-)

#38840 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.1

Posted by iandi on 09 November 2012 - 12:25 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Chris, meanwhile, serial comm doesnt work anymore ;-), but we will try re-adding GoBus.dll and keep you updated. I have re-flashed to 4.2.0.0 in between today and NWAZET display worked well Cheers Andi

#38824 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.1

Posted by iandi on 09 November 2012 - 09:38 AM in Netduino Go

basically, the NWAZET screen starts with its yellow window and then after canvas.Initialize(GoSockets.Socket3); the program hangs... (the blue LED on Port 3 is on and the white LED on the NWAZET graphics card is on) serial communication on Port 5 seems to work fine so far

#38822 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.1

Posted by iandi on 09 November 2012 - 09:23 AM in Netduino Go

Hi Chris, Thanks for providing the new firmware. We have upgraded to 4.2.1 and good News is that the debugger started working again and that LED and Potentiometer on Port 1 and 2 are running fine. However, NWAZET screen on Port 3 and serial communication on Port 5 seemed to stop working. Before we are digging deeper from our side, are there any changes we have to take care from our side due to the firmware update? Cheers Andi ;-)

#38495 Debugger fails

Posted by iandi on 04 November 2012 - 04:13 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Chris, many thanks for your quick reply. Waiting for Thursday then ;-) Cheers and take care Andi ;-)

#38493 Debugger fails

Posted by iandi on 04 November 2012 - 03:53 PM in Netduino Go

Hi All, my application stopped from working after Ive tried to use this http://forums.netdui...r-demonstrator/ anyway, Ive re-flashed the Netduino Go and my app which was running fine before is deployable but it doesnt run and once Im using the debbuger the debugger starts and then without any notice stopps. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this? Best wishes Andi

#28661 Socket 5 - 8

Posted by iandi on 08 May 2012 - 10:52 AM in Netduino Go

Hi Chris, quick questions: I have programmed and wired everything so far. I'm trying to connect RX and TX to RS485 directly, do you think this would work? If not, using a TTL to RS485 converter, would I have to use the RTS line of the converter or would it be sufficient to connect to RX, TX, GND, VCC? And if so, could you please recommend which PIN I should use? Best wishes Andi

#28515 Re-starting Netduino GO!

Posted by iandi on 03 May 2012 - 09:11 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Chris, many thanks for your quick reply! Best wishes Andi ;-)

#28514 Re-starting Netduino GO!

Posted by iandi on 03 May 2012 - 09:10 PM in Netduino Go

I found the trick. My program was using LED and the button. Disconnecting both modules from the 2 sockets crashed (I guess) the program so the overflow coming from writing data to the COM port in an endless loop stopped. Therefore I could then ERASE the Netduino. After that I had to un-comment all lines concerning the LED and the button in my program and could then re-deploy from VS

#28511 Re-starting Netduino GO!

Posted by iandi on 03 May 2012 - 08:58 PM in Netduino Go

I have done a mistake in programming a COM port and therefore have an overflow when connecting to Netduino with MTFdeploy. On another thread I saw that somebody had the same issue and solved it with ERASE from MTFdeploy after pressing the button on Netduino and then connecting Netduino to the USB port. However, the USB device is not found in MTFdeploy when connecting it to the USB port WHILE pressing the button, so I can try to erase, but there is no device Any help is very much appreciated. Many thanks Andi

#28462 Socket 5 - 8

Posted by iandi on 03 May 2012 - 08:22 AM in Netduino Go

Hi Chris, many thanks for your quick reply! Ive created the port, but Im not sure whether the blue LED next to the socket (5) should be on ;-) Maybe Im mistaken and should activate the socket?! Please let me know. Best wishes Andi

#28404 Socket 5 - 8

Posted by iandi on 01 May 2012 - 09:31 PM in Netduino Go

Dear All, I would like to know how I can send/receive serial data via Pins 4,5 of one of the sockets 5 - 8? Best wishes and many thanks Andi

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.