Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

cr0w5t3r's Content

There have been 8 items by cr0w5t3r (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#62684 Gobus with Netduino 3

Posted by cr0w5t3r on 14 May 2015 - 06:50 PM in Netduino 3

Hi volleynerd,

Yay! :)

That's really good feedback. The GoBus modules are pretty self-explanatory, but we should probably make up a set of demos and docs for them as well. We need to get the 8 spring/summer modules out first--but I have put this on our list.

Chris

Out of curiosity what are the new modules going to be?  :)

Nick

#62592 C# help

Posted by cr0w5t3r on 10 May 2015 - 09:23 PM in Visual Studio

I've been using .NET for about 3 1/2 years now and I've never even come across the ushort type. I don't normally have to be too concious of how many bytes a variable would take up though which might play a factor in my answer (Usually work on web applications).

I would basically second what Mario suggested in that you should probably just use a float if resource is going to be an issue else just return it natively as a double.

The code could be;

// You don't have to set the variable type if you use the 'var' keyword as
// it will just be set to whatever is returned from the method. In this case a double.
var zz = System.Math.Tan(12342);

or

float zx = (float)System.Math.Tan(12342);

Most of the time I have managed to get away with using the following types in my code;

• int
  • float
  • double
  • decimal
  • string
  • bool
  • object

Nick

#62588 MVC web framework like web server experience on Netduino

Posted by cr0w5t3r on 10 May 2015 - 09:05 PM in Project Showcase

I work with MVC 4/5, Web Api on a daily basis so any linking to those types of frameworks makes me excited! 

I will have to test it this week and let you know how it goes  ^_^

Nick

#62587 Missing device listing (driver installation)

Posted by cr0w5t3r on 10 May 2015 - 08:52 PM in General Discussion

Hi Nick,

On the emulator: the emulator doesn't have any GoBus ports, so getting an exception there is normal. To use GoBus modules, make sure you're deploying to your board.

On the main issue: can you open up Device Manager really quickly and see if the Netduino appears in your USB devices? Does it have drivers installed?

I'm guessing that the driver system is confused a bit here. If you repair the Netduino SDK installation, it should automatically reinstall the drivers for you.

Once drivers are installed and you can see your Netduino in Visual Studio and MFDeploy, you should be good to go.

Does that help get you back up and running? We're happy to walk through this with you.

Chris

IT LIVES! :D The Netduino was showing under 'other' and not USB so I repaired the SDK and reinstalled the Micro Framework and I now have a very pink LED. Now I just got to think of something practical to do with the hardware haha.

Thanks again for the help. The community / support is what makes this good product into a great one :).

Nick 

#62573 Missing device listing (driver installation)

Posted by cr0w5t3r on 10 May 2015 - 02:35 PM in General Discussion

Hi Nick,

Grab a copy of the latest Netduino SDK (currently v4.3.2) from the following download link:
http://cdn.netduino....netduinosdk.exe

Then just create a Netduino Application (Universal)...and code away :) The new universal template works with all gen2 and gen3 boards and is based on NETMF 4.3.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info. I've now installed v4.3.2.0 and created a new universal app and looks like I can add references to NetduinoGo.RgbLed which is a good start. However, I can no longer see my device in either VS2K13 or MFDeploy.

The other day I upgraded my N3 firmware to 4.3.2.1 and I could see my device fine in both. Any ideas what how I can fix it?

If I emulate the app instead of deploying it (as I can't) I get the following errors in the output window;

'Microsoft.SPOT.Emulator.Sample.SampleEmulator.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\mscorlib.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Emulator.Sample.SampleEmulator.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Native.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Emulator.Sample.SampleEmulator.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Emulator.Sample.SampleEmulator.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.3\le\GoBus.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Emulator.Sample.SampleEmulator.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.3\le\NetduinoGo.RgbLed.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Emulator.Sample.SampleEmulator.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Applications\Netduino\NetduinoApplicationUniversal\NetduinoApplicationUniversal\bin\Debug\le\NetduinoApplicationUniversal.exe', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Emulator.Sample.SampleEmulator.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Emulator.Sample.SampleEmulator.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Emulator.Sample.SampleEmulator.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Net.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Emulator.Sample.SampleEmulator.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\System.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Emulator.Sample.SampleEmulator.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.3\le\SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Microsoft.SPOT.Emulator.Sample.SampleEmulator.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Assemblies\v4.3\le\SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.dll', Symbols loaded.
    #### Exception System.ArgumentException - 0xfd000000 (2) ####
    #### Message: 
    #### Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.HardwareProvider::NativeGetSpiPins [IP: 0000] ####
    #### Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.HardwareProvider::GetSpiPins [IP: 0013] ####
    #### Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SPI::.ctor [IP: 0019] ####
    #### GoBus.GoHub::Initialize [IP: 00ad] ####
    #### GoBus.GoModule::Initialize [IP: 0099] ####
    #### GoBus.GoModule::.ctor [IP: 0016] ####
    #### GoBus.GoHub::.ctor [IP: 0004] ####
    #### GoBus.GoHub::.cctor [IP: 0003] ####
A first chance exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll

Uncaught exception 
The thread '<No Name>' (0x2) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    #### Exception System.NullReferenceException - CLR_E_NULL_REFERENCE (1) ####
    #### Message: 
    #### GoBus.GoModule::Initialize [IP: 0021] ####
    #### GoBus.GoModule::.ctor [IP: 0016] ####
    #### NetduinoGo.RgbLed::.ctor [IP: 0040] ####
    #### NetduinoApplicationUniversal.Program::Main [IP: 0004] ####
A first chance exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in GoBus.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in GoBus.dll

Uncaught exception 
The thread '<No Name>' (0x1) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Done.

The program '[5732] Micro Framework application: Managed' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

The code I'm using is as follows;

using System;
using System.Net;
using System.Net.Sockets;
using System.Threading;
using Microsoft.SPOT;
using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;
using NetduinoGo;
using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware;

namespace NetduinoApplicationUniversal
{
    public class Program
    {
        public static void Main()
        {
            var x = new RgbLed();
            x.SetColor(255, 0, 0);
        }
    }
}

All references in project:

GoBus.dll - V1.5.0.0

Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware - V4.3.1.0

Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM - V4.3.1.0

Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort - V4.3.1.0

Microsoft.SPOT.Native - V4.3.1.0

Microsoft.SPOT.Net - V4.3.1.0

mscorlib - V4.3.1.0

NetduinoGo.RgbLed - V1.4.0.0

SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware - V4.3.1.0

SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino - V4.3.1.0

System - V4.3.1.0

Even if I just try a vanilla app it gives me the same exception in the Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll.

All I want to do is make my Led change colour ;(.

Any help is much appreciated!
Nick

#62517 Gobus with Netduino 3

Posted by cr0w5t3r on 08 May 2015 - 07:23 PM in Netduino 3

I'm also trying to find examples on how to use the Netduino GO! modules from N3. However my current problem is I'm unsure how to add a reference to the right assemblies as it seems to error when I add a reference to SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoGo.dll (V4.2.2.0).

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm currently using V4.3.2.1 and VS2K13.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

#62516 Netduino 3 Wi-Fi Firmware v4.3.2 (update 1)

Posted by cr0w5t3r on 08 May 2015 - 06:57 PM in Netduino 3

So far no problems with 4.3.2.1. Upgrade was a lot smoother than I thought it was going to be (Netduino Noobie here!)

#62506 Introducing Netduino 3 Wi-Fi

Posted by cr0w5t3r on 07 May 2015 - 08:18 PM in Netduino 3

Hi Guys,

Just got my first Netduino (Netduino 3 wifi) and I am having a problem when trying to use the GoBus ports. Can you use these ports on .NET Micro Framework 4.3.1 yet? I've tried a number of different things such as pointing to the v4.2 assemblies but no joy (I get an a3000000 error).

I followed the below instructions to get my Netduino up and running prior to trying to use the GoBus ports;

• Installed .NET MF SKD v4.3 R2 (beta)
  • Installed .NET MF v4.3 R2 (beta) add-on for visual studio 2013
  • Installed Netduino SDK v4.3.1

Any ideas how I can get around this problem? I can interact with the boards LED without a problem using 4.3 but want to utilise the GoBus features.

My set-up is Visual studio 2013 ultimate running Windows 8.1.

Any help would be must appreciated :-)

Nick

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.