Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

chevi99's Content

There have been 19 items by chevi99 (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#59130 An error has occurred: please check hardware

Posted by chevi99 on 09 July 2014 - 11:07 PM in General Discussion

hi i purchase the netduino 2 and everything was working well from outputting to lcd reading from sensors and also making sound. But then when i combined them i had this error: couldn't communicate with netduino i tried various techniques and now the error i'm getting is  "An error has occurred please check hardware". pls help

tnx

chef

#58857 Maxbotix Distance/Proximity Sensor Code

Posted by chevi99 on 22 June 2014 - 10:49 PM in Project Showcase

hi Omar i followed your site but it lead me to an in active site. Can u pls post PWM in c# for me.

tnx

#58856 Netduino Plus and LV-MaxSonar-EZ3

Posted by chevi99 on 22 June 2014 - 10:12 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

hi please can i get the library and code u used. I'm basically building an obstacle detector. i have connected the GND to the GND on the microcontroller and +5v to +5 on the netduino and 2 to D2. pls help.

thx 

chevi99

#58855 Using the Maxbotix LV-MaxSonar in Serial Mode

Posted by chevi99 on 22 June 2014 - 09:55 PM in Project Showcase

Continuing with my Robotics project it became time to integrate a Maxbotix LV-MaxSonar sensor for purposes of collision avoidance. I started working with the MaxSonar last month as one of my first Netduino projects. At that time I used the "DistanceClass" originally posted by Crispin. This class uses the analog output of the MaxSonar and once I got it running, with a little extra help from Crispin who reponded to my post regarding a perlplexing analog problem, I discovered what a great many other people have discovered: the analog output is very easy to use but it tends to be somewhat noisy, i.e. when measuring the distance to a fixed object while the sensor is stationary the repoted distance can vary by several inches for an object only a couple of feet away. I tried adding the capacitor/resistor circuit recommended by Maxbotix in their FAQs but it didn't seem to make a meaningful difference. So, I decided to see what the serial output would look like. The Maxbotix spec sheet's description of serial output is a bit cryptic on first reading, at least it was to me. After some searching around the internet regarding RS232 standards, etc. I finally understood that the serial output of the MaxSonar was an inverted serial datastream: in "RS232 speak" a 0 is represented by a postive voltage and a 1 by a negative voltage. Maxbotix's implemenation of the RS232 standard is a little non standard in that a 0 is represented by Vcc and a one is represented by Vss. So the obvious thing was that I needed to invert the serial output of the MaxSonar. A little more research brought me to the Texas Instruments CD4049UB CMOS Hex Inverting Buffer. Simply put: a 1 bit on an input pin is a 0 bit on the "companion" output pin and vice versa. The CD4049UB actually provides six pairs of input output pins - for a $1.49 I figured I have nothing to loose, other than $1.49. Given that the digital ports on the Netduino are 5 volt tolerant I wired the MaxSonar Vcc and the CD4049UB Vcc to the Netduino 5v output. I wired the MaxSonar Tx pin to input pin 14 of the CD4049UB and ran a wire from its companion output pin 15 to the Netduino Com 2 serial input. The Netduino Com 2 serial output I ran to a USB port on my PC using a FTDI adapter. The serial communications are run under the SerialPortHelper class originally posted by Hari. After a lot of rechecking of my wiring, things are getting very crowded on the breadboard my little robot is being built on, I powered up and ran the whole thing in debugging mode. I was very pleasantly surprised that on the first try the screen on my FUNterm terminal program was steadly refreshing with "R" followed by a distance reading in inches just like the MaxSonar spec sheet said it would. It would seem that the serial output is almost completely noise free. I kept both the MaxSonar and a target stationary and except for a moment or two when I bumped the table and the cat decided to investigate things, the reading was constant. Attached is a piece a screen shot showing the ouput of the MaxSonar when measuring a target 12 inches away. Unfortunately after several seconds of letting the MaxSonar run I got a buffer overflow exception, not really unexpected. Next step is to spend time with the rewrite of the SerialPortHelper class suggested by Corey Kosak. Also, there are another five pairs of inverter inputs/outputs available on the CD4049UB - multiple MaxSonars!?

hi I'm having troubles with my mb 1260 i purchase from maxbotix. i basically want to build an obstacle detector. but can't seem to get a library for this sensor to work for me. Pls i need help tnx

chevi99

#58854 Using the Maxbotix LV-MaxSonar in Serial Mode

Posted by chevi99 on 22 June 2014 - 09:55 PM in Project Showcase

hi I'm having troubles with my mb 1260 i purchase from maxbotix. i basically want to build an obstacle detector. but can't seem to get a library for this sensor to work for me. Pls i need help tnx

chevi99

#58852 Parallax Ping))) Ultrasonic Sensor

Posted by chevi99 on 22 June 2014 - 09:21 PM in Project Showcase

hi can i get the library class for mb 1260 sensor from maxbotix

#58851 Library for HC_SR04 Ultrasonic Rangefinder

Posted by chevi99 on 22 June 2014 - 09:19 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

thnx your code works perfectly well. but i have another sensor this time not HC - SR04 but mb 1260 from maxbotix can i have its class library to work with it. thx 

#58788 obstacle detection

Posted by chevi99 on 19 June 2014 - 07:58 PM in General Discussion

can i make my speaker give a warning message like "WARNING OBSTACLE AHEAD" i know about making musical beats but is there a way a computer voice will speak rather than beep?

#58778 obstacle detection

Posted by chevi99 on 19 June 2014 - 09:22 AM in General Discussion

I like to use "breadboard jumper wires".  They come in M/F, F/F, and even M/M configurations.  You can get them from a bunch of vendors on Amazon for a few dollars.  One way to do a "Y" cable would be to cut a couple M/F cables in half, strip the ends, twist them together, solder it together, and shrink wrap it.  Use one male end (to plug into the Netduino) and 2 or more female ends to receive the wires from your devices.

Another way that I've done it is to solder a jumper wire with a male end to a piece of female header with 3 or 4 sockets.  Solder all the pins together and put some shrink wrap on it if you want.

Do you have a soldering iron?  I took a quick look on Amazon and I don't see any premade jumpers.

John

Great idea John i've been abel to create my own Y cable i just took 3 male jumper wires twisted the ends together and amazingly it worked

tnx for the idea

chef

#58733 obstacle detection

Posted by chevi99 on 16 June 2014 - 03:02 AM in General Discussion

If you're saying that you haven't been able to hook up both the LCD and the sensor because there is only one socket on the shield connector for 5V, then I've had the same problem.  My solution was to create a couple "Y" cables.  They allow me to connect multiple devices to the 5V, 3.3V and/or GND pins.

If that;s not what you're saying ... then say more ...

John

yes john exactly. So are u saying if i create a "Y" cable my problem will be solved. So how do i go about this? is it difficult to make one?

Chevi99

#58731 obstacle detection

Posted by chevi99 on 15 June 2014 - 11:15 PM in General Discussion

i have purchased the netduino 2 and also an lcd from sparkfun and hc-sr04 sensor. but the problem is both the lcd and the sensor requires 5v i can't make them work at the same time. how do i get them to work simultaneously. that is the dislpay should show distance.

#58730 HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Sensor Memory Problem

Posted by chevi99 on 15 June 2014 - 10:27 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

pls debug.print does not work. I don't know why because it doesn't give me any error and nothing happens too when i run the program

#58720 Sensor Library

Posted by chevi99 on 14 June 2014 - 10:38 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

hi please can i get a library for hc-sr04 or mb1260 from maxbotix? tnx

#58719 SparkFun SerLCD class

Posted by chevi99 on 14 June 2014 - 08:36 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

folks i just realized it was my wiring. Now everything is working fine. tnx for creating this forum

#58718 SparkFun SerLCD class

Posted by chevi99 on 14 June 2014 - 07:52 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

can u pls give tutorials about the wiring cos i've done the coding with no errors but the serail lcd i purchased wont even turn on. Don't know if it is my wiring which is poor. pls help. thnx

#58716 SparkFun SerLCD class

Posted by chevi99 on 14 June 2014 - 07:01 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi, I am new to the Netduino and have just ordered the LCD that you recommended from sparkfun. I am trying get the code ready to use for when it arrives. I also am a newbie to the C# programing language. I have tried creating the class and the program from your examples. I am getting quite a few erros and I dont know how to correct them. Could you give some pointers on this? Atached is a screen shot of the errors when I try to build the solution. Thanks, Jeffattachicon.gifLCD issues.jpg

jefffff i believe u havent created the SerLCD class yet.pls do well to create the class and remember to save it in the same project. Good luck

#58710 SparkFun SerLCD class

Posted by chevi99 on 13 June 2014 - 10:15 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

hi I'm developing a similar project but i'm having problems with the sparkfun libraries. where to get the libraries and how to import them.

pls a help will do. thanks

#58011 Jumper wires

Posted by chevi99 on 09 May 2014 - 11:11 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

i'm wondering when to use a female jumper wire or a male jumper wire. I have purchased myself a netduino 2 microcontroller and also an LCD screen plus an ultrasonic sensor. But the problem is i want to connect these devices but don't know which jumper wire to purchase before i can connect my netduino to the sensor or the LCD.

Help pls....

#56278 obstacle detection

Posted by chevi99 on 22 February 2014 - 05:09 PM in General Discussion

i basically want to develop an obstacle detector. Which netduino board will suit ma goal. i will also be using an ultrasonic laser sensor to inspect the environment for obstacles, will also use and LCD display message and also be needing a sound output too. Pls help!!

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.