Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Snipehunter's Content

There have been 6 items by Snipehunter (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1068 More blinking leds

Posted by Snipehunter on 22 August 2010 - 04:56 PM in Project Showcase

Man, I love this place. The answers to my questions come before I even get to the point where I'm writing up the question post! Great blog post there Szymon; it taught me a lot!

#1066 Analog Input Help Needed

Posted by Snipehunter on 22 August 2010 - 04:40 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

AnalogInput.SetRange maps the analog input values to a specified range of integres. If 0-1023 on your device maps linearly to 0-100, then AnalogInput.SetRange(0, 100) will cause the AnalogInput.Read() method to return those values instead.

You can also submit reverse values to SetRange, such as AnalogInput.SetRange(100, -100)--which would cause an analog reading of 0V to return 100 and an analog reading of 3.3V to read -100.

Chris

I really should pay more attention to the methods that are available in each class. I wrote my one code to do that recently. ;)

#918 SFE Joystick Shield

Posted by Snipehunter on 20 August 2010 - 04:59 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Personally, I like it the way it is. I was not confused by the AREF at all, my problem was that initially I did not pay attention to the fact that the shield had wired the pots to 5 vdc. Then in my haste to compensate I over drove the A/Ds by attaching AREF to 5V. Through this I learned a lot about the Netduino and its relationship to the Arduino. I won't make the same mistake again and hope that my original post will help others.
I conform strongly to the concept of modularity, therefore I feel that if the shield uses A/Ds then it is responsible for supplying the AREF. It may not matter much in the case of a connected shield, but having the A/D source supply the AREF is one sure way of insuring that the A/D's are reading accurately.
So my vote would be, If you are going to add "internal AREF" it should be done via a jumper on the Netduino and the jumper should be left off by default.
I plan to make all my projects supply the AREF for accuracy, so don't break my projects please.

I literally only just discovered what the hell AREF is even for last night when I tried to work with analog inputs for the first time, but I totally agree. An internal AREF (as long as its controlled by a jumper) would be a nice convenience, but now that I sorta get what I'm doing, I'd rather not give up the bit of flexibility I only just discoverd I have.

#625 Oz-Solutions: Tutorial #1 (Revision)

Posted by Snipehunter on 16 August 2010 - 11:31 PM in Project Showcase

By the way what do you guys think of my little recording studio? I made a white screen and a little white pyramid to hold up the Netduino.

Heh cool! I was impressed with your presentation; nice to know how you did it. :)

#543 Netduino scheduler

Posted by Snipehunter on 16 August 2010 - 03:14 AM in Project Showcase

Wow, this is rad! This is a great starting framework for a birthday gift idea I had this morning (I'm going to haunt the dollhouse of a friend's daughter as a birthday gift ;) ). Assuming I actually get what I'm looking at, it seems like your scheduler framework takes care of like half the heavy lifting I was looking at for this thing. I'll let you know how it turns out! :D

#508 Debate Timer

Posted by Snipehunter on 15 August 2010 - 04:23 PM in Project Showcase

heh! Thanks! That was a fun burn of my evening. I'm really impressed by the netduino and what it can do. It's fast becoming an obsession, no question about it. My friend's little daughter had her 7th birthday this weekend and I woke this morning thinking about how cool it would be to swipe her dollhouse for a weekend, wire it up with LEDs, light sensors and a speaker or two, then slave them to a netduino (see, now I'm buying more than one!) that could do things like "haunt the house" or simulate a thunderstorm by flickering lights, playing sounds, etc. The worst part of it all: It's not like I've asked that child if she wants her dollhouse haunted! ;)

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.