Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Michel Trahan's Content

There have been 155 items by Michel Trahan (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#13125 MFDeploy Hangs

Posted by Michel Trahan on 11 May 2011 - 02:29 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

NVM, used the hold button down + erase technique eventually worked.

Timing is the key :)

#13096 Outdoor temperature sensor

Posted by Michel Trahan on 10 May 2011 - 03:25 PM in General Discussion

Look at www.gardenbot.org for a sample on how to do it :)

#12991 ADC Reading wrong?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 09 May 2011 - 02:03 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Are you powering via USB? I believe it works fine when using external power supply other than USB. I am unsure if this is an issue with certain USB ports or all.

Indeed, it was stable when powered by an external 9V

#12989 Open Source uIP porting project

Posted by Michel Trahan on 09 May 2011 - 01:39 AM in General Discussion

Here is a list of all modules: Protothreads Local continuations Applications DNS resolver SMTP E-mail sender Hello, world Web client Web server The uIP TCP/IP stack uIP configuration functions uIP initialization functions uIP device driver functions uIP application functions uIP conversion functions Variables used in uIP device drivers uIP Address Resolution Protocol uIP TCP throughput booster hack Architecture specific uIP functions Configuration options for uIP Timer library Clock interface Protosockets library Memory block management functions What do we attack first ?

#12987 ADC Reading wrong?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 09 May 2011 - 01:29 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I looked at it using http://api.thingspea...ls/637/charts/2 and it looks relatively stable ... have you tried to see the average over a couple of readings to eliminate the jitter ?

#12986 Sleep In Microseconds

Posted by Michel Trahan on 09 May 2011 - 01:19 AM in General Discussion

my problem is trying to get it to microsecond accuracy

Sorry, I missread it ...

#12983 ADC Reading wrong?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 09 May 2011 - 12:51 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

the only problem that I am having is that the readings bounce all over the place. From 85-65F after i calculate it or 210-230 ADC value its reading.

I found that it takes about 10 seconds for the values to stabilize

Any ideas what could cause this?

Could it be that the current heats things up and it takes a while for everything to stabilize ?

#12981 Sleep In Microseconds

Posted by Michel Trahan on 09 May 2011 - 12:42 AM in General Discussion

Welcome to the community :) Yes try this Thread.Sleep(500); for 500ms or Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite); for a tad longer :) And the main problem is with the garbage collector that kicks in ... I don't remember how long it can take in some instance.

#12979 Building a Twitter-enabled Geiger counter with a netduino+

Posted by Michel Trahan on 09 May 2011 - 12:21 AM in Project Showcase

The minute I have a budget for fun, this might be cool to discover the level of radiactivity I am at :)

#12978 Open Source uIP porting project

Posted by Michel Trahan on 09 May 2011 - 12:08 AM in General Discussion

:D That was a comment when you said: "I'll just let you figure it out so I can download the code" :P

I know, I was having mileage on it lol I have a good work load and still manage to play with the netduino :) I see myself more as an integrator anyway :)

And the main reason hanzibal would probably the lack of a netduino plus :( or an ethernet shield for my netduino ! I can look at the code that exist that we need to translate ... ok I'll check the link, you got me convinced :) but keep the keyboard for someone who wants it :)

#12954 LCD question

Posted by Michel Trahan on 08 May 2011 - 07:26 PM in General Discussion

I am having difficulty connecting the LCD through a 74HC595 ... Problem solved ... usb froze and the potentiometer I was using was too strong ... lol cool !

#12950 Open Source uIP porting project

Posted by Michel Trahan on 08 May 2011 - 03:39 PM in General Discussion

3 Cheers for Szymon and Hanzibal :) I'm too much of a newbie to even think of trying ... (and too lazy Stefan would add LOL)

#12949 LCD question

Posted by Michel Trahan on 08 May 2011 - 03:35 PM in General Discussion

You did say 16x2 so why do you set it to 16x4 in the code ? And I did it using 1K potentiometer for the brightness and it works fine :)

#12927 Netduino Tutorial - Multithreading (Methods with Parameters)

Posted by Michel Trahan on 07 May 2011 - 04:03 PM in General Discussion

Just leaving a breadcrum to remember :) Thanks Omar !

#12924 Charlieplexing: Now uses the TristatePort class

Posted by Michel Trahan on 07 May 2011 - 03:45 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Now I understand why the tristate ports exist in the first place :) Thanks ! If I understand correctly your code, you are missing the ability to turn on with no time limit, and one to turn off later on, which would be needed for the digital clock or do you turn on a pattern for 1 second at a time (if you wanted one with seconds) ? Meaning, you code is blocking no ? you have to wait for it to be done to move to another one. Say turn on a pattern, do something and when done turn to another pattern. Just a thought :)

#12794 .NET Gadgeteer availibility

Posted by Michel Trahan on 03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM in General Discussion

Where is the Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer SDK ? Visual Studio Templates and all ...

#12768 .NET Gadgeteer availibility

Posted by Michel Trahan on 02 May 2011 - 10:18 PM in General Discussion

I Want one !

#12746 Simple multi-threaded web server

Posted by Michel Trahan on 02 May 2011 - 01:11 PM in Project Showcase

I was asking about how do you discriminate which action to take in your main function on the netduino ... I know that the worker has the code to do the actions ... but how do we test which command was asked to the webserver ? If you only send one command, why do all that structure lol

#12732 RFID Reader

Posted by Michel Trahan on 01 May 2011 - 03:44 PM in Project Showcase

At this point we should change the song to "Nothing gonna stop Stefan now"!...

He's the best :)

#12707 Any help on a ParallelIn SerialOut Bitshifter?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 30 April 2011 - 09:07 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Remember I gave you that link in chat once? :D

LoL me and my short term memory ...

#12696 Any help on a ParallelIn SerialOut Bitshifter?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 30 April 2011 - 04:02 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi Stefan, I looked at your code for bitshifter ... cool :) How can we integrate it with microliquidcrystal lcd class ? It is a question of integrating a new transport but I don't know how to do that lol And did I see correctly, you re-read all pins for each pin status read ? wonder why ! Keep the good work ! Check this link : http://geekswithblog...id_crystal.aspx A sample with connections and code would be cool ! Mike.

#12688 can I just bootload NET MF clr onto an ARM7 chip?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 30 April 2011 - 12:49 PM in General Discussion

Have you looked into using the Netduino Mini?

When did this link appear ? Where is it on the main page ? LOL

#12687 Website

Posted by Michel Trahan on 30 April 2011 - 12:45 PM in General Discussion

• Featured project link on the front page takes you to the projects page, but the featured project is not listed.
  • Hardware link only shows the original netduino not the mini or plus

Welcome to the community :)

LOL, I use the specs page often and yes it is missing the mini and the PLUS specs (how many IO pins, which one are they, etc.) And the Projects page is a missnomer ... I agree that the Projects page should have a series of official projects with a link to the rest of the project showcase (and wiki).

But that goes to show that they are very busy with their HOT PRODUCTS !

You make a good point ! That is why some of us are working hard at doing more structured tutorials for newbies like me :)

Try to type keywords in the Forum search, you might get many things you are looking for.

#12686 save config on netduino

Posted by Michel Trahan on 30 April 2011 - 12:27 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

However, in case you don't want any SD, you may use an external memory via SPI or I2C.

Can you point towards an exemple of SPI or I2C external memory ? I'd like to see how that works :)

#12685 I2C Help - Data not appearing in the output

Posted by Michel Trahan on 30 April 2011 - 12:23 PM in General Discussion

Would that solve our Math library problem ? LOL

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.