Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Flores's Content

There have been 64 items by Flores (Search limited from 09-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2794 How to use the new functionalities

Posted by Flores on 24 September 2010 - 07:07 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi,

I've got my Netduino Plus in today.
And i'm wondering how to use the new functionality... I guess I must include some new assemblies? if so where can I find them?

Can I use this? Beta assmblies for SD card

And this one? Beta assmblies for ethernet

Thanks

#2412 Buzz a piezo speaker?

Posted by Flores on 18 September 2010 - 05:30 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Don't forget that the current you can draw from the netduino pin outs is not that high. Be sure to check that and use a driver in between if your device is able to draw more (milli) amps.

#2348 Event Handler limited to 45 times

Posted by Flores on 16 September 2010 - 08:52 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I guess you are re-attaching the eventhandler on each event.. this will cause stackoverflows

Edit: judging the code this is not true

#1409 Chris I figured out that error causing bug! Not good for me though

Posted by Flores on 27 August 2010 - 09:28 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Same here.. happens sometimes.. can't pinpoint it..

#1212 Analog interrupt port

Posted by Flores on 24 August 2010 - 09:22 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Gonna try this, thanks.

#1209 Power supply connector dimensions

Posted by Flores on 24 August 2010 - 08:22 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

See here: http://forums.netdui...__fromsearch__1 I've ordered them 4 days ago, but haven't got them yet. If you are patient I can test it for you.

#1206 Communication between 2 or more duino's

Posted by Flores on 24 August 2010 - 06:18 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

The I2C on the ARM7X chip is master-only. We'll see what we can do on speeding up Ethernet support...

Chris

That would be realy cool. Would even do greater distances and could use a switch for connecting them..

#1172 Communication between 2 or more duino's

Posted by Flores on 23 August 2010 - 07:57 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Just use a XBee wireless. It's straight serial comm through the UART so it's easy.

Thanks but,

forgot to mention: I want it te be wired, not wireless. And I want to connect 3 or more..

#1169 Communication between 2 or more duino's

Posted by Flores on 23 August 2010 - 07:47 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Any thoughts experiances on connecting 2 or more netduino's over a 5 meter distance? I have no idea, and was thinking of an ethernet shield, is that a good idea? Is there something better/cheaper? Thanks

#1147 PWM shape

Posted by Flores on 23 August 2010 - 02:05 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

he he.. okay thanks.. gonna buy a scope.. I promise.

#1143 PWM shape

Posted by Flores on 23 August 2010 - 01:02 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi, I've been experimenting with the PWM signal, and connected it to my soundcard to see what is happening. What I've found is that the PWM signal is some sort of sinus, and if I change the duty cycle the amplitude goes up. I was expecting a block form signal.. and the duty cycle varies the on width time of the block. Is my soundcard fooling me (I kwow I should get a scope) or is the signal a sinus wave? Thanks

#972 Digital Pins Never Off.

Posted by Flores on 21 August 2010 - 01:03 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Are you sure that your relay module is suited for the netduino with regards of the current that can/will be drawn?

#961 Digital Pins Never Off.

Posted by Flores on 21 August 2010 - 10:06 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Have you tested it just with a volt meter with nothing connected? This behaviour could be caused by other connected components.

#959 Digital Pins Never Off.

Posted by Flores on 21 August 2010 - 08:54 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Are you using an external power supply? If so, are you sure all the gounds are connected?

#838 Powerplug

Posted by Flores on 19 August 2010 - 01:59 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi, I want to order a powerplug to connect my netduino to an external powersource. But i'n unsure of which one to order. Is there a universal standard/typeid that I can order? Thanks

#805 Analog interrupt port

Posted by Flores on 18 August 2010 - 09:38 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I would be cool if the was a way to create a sort analog interrupt port. With a trashhold for a parameter.. if it changes more than the trashhold it will create an interrupt. Is this a good idea for future firmware? Or is this technically impossible?

#802 'Real' european resellers

Posted by Flores on 18 August 2010 - 09:32 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Aah.. Already did that. Got two of them now. But I wan't more, more more... You can't have too many netduino's ;-)

#749 'Real' european resellers

Posted by Flores on 18 August 2010 - 02:38 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Cool. That's good news. Do you have any timeframe to share?

#741 'Real' european resellers

Posted by Flores on 18 August 2010 - 01:25 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi, Are the two UK based resellers now selling the netduino all the planned european resellers? Or are there more to come? Sales from the UK eliminate the VAT/TAX problem, but the UK is still using a different currency than the other european countries (ponds != euro's) Are there plans for resellers in euro currency based countries? Thanks

#577 LCD

Posted by Flores on 16 August 2010 - 08:34 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

This one: http://forums.netdui...allax-lcd-test/

#576 LCD

Posted by Flores on 16 August 2010 - 08:33 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I saw an other forum post about a working LCD by serial. Try the search function.

#513 Measuring performance.. strange behaviour

Posted by Flores on 15 August 2010 - 04:49 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Is there a TimeSpan.TotalMilleseconds like there is in the full .Net Framework? If not you'll need to add all of the components of the timespan after you multiply them out to get the total.

Right. That must be it.. stupid mistake.

I was looking for the Stopwatch Class be couldn't vind it.. so wrote my own (including stupid mistakes)

Thanks

#497 Measuring performance.. strange behaviour

Posted by Flores on 15 August 2010 - 10:36 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I've setup a small program to measure the performance of the netduino:

public class Program
    {
        static bool state = false;
        static OutputPort led = new OutputPort(Pins.ONBOARD_LED, false);
        static AnalogInput input1 = new AnalogInput(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A0);
        static int analogValue = 0;
        static bool ledstate = false;
        static int counter = 0;

public static void Main()
        {
            long start = DateTime.Now.Ticks;

for (int i = 0; i < 2500; i++)
            {
                analogValue = input1.Read();
                ledstate = !ledstate;
                counter = counter + 1;
                led.Write(ledstate);
            }

long end = DateTime.Now.Ticks;
            TimeSpan span = new TimeSpan(end - start);
            Debug.Print("timespan: " +span.Milliseconds.ToString() + "ms");

}

}

If I run this code, it reports that it took 37ms. But if I comment out the
counter = counter + 1
part it reports that it took 979ms !! Thats strange right?

I increased the for to about 20000, then it reports it took 900ms, but the led is way longer on than a second. So it simply reports the wrong time. But why? Can't figure it out.

#495 Which components?

Posted by Flores on 15 August 2010 - 10:12 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Yes, any general purpose transistor like BC54x (Ic = 100 mA) or 2N4401 (Ic = 600 mA) will be fine. I often use ULN280x Darlington array (Ic = 500 mA) or serial-in/parallel-out shift register 74HC595 (20-35 mA, various derivatives) to drive multiple LEDs (matrices).

However, there are still a few other things to consider, for example 8*50 mA = 400 mA, which is close to the limit a USB port can provide (500 mA) and I think I have seen in the firmware source code that Netduino is configured at only 280 mA (have to verify this), so you may not be able to power the Netduino and LEDs from the USB port, an external power supply would be required. And, if you are driving the LEDs by PWM or multiplexing, the peak current can be significantly higher, so you'd need to account for it when selecting the components.

This is why I (annoyingly) ask for details, in my experience "connecting a LED" can mean anything from multiplexed 16*16*16 cube to 20 W RGB power LED...

Just for playing around and testing. Ordered myself a ULN2804. Thanks

#413 Which components?

Posted by Flores on 14 August 2010 - 08:37 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I just want to connect a number of 50mA leds. Will any transistor do then? And does something like 8 transistors in a IC package exist, so I can connect them to all my outputs and connect 8 leds?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.