Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Michel Trahan's Content

There have been 155 items by Michel Trahan (Search limited from 17-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#12312 Parallax RFID Reader

Posted by Michel Trahan on 21 April 2011 - 03:43 AM in Project Showcase

Please insert this project into the wiki :) sandbox.netduino.com THANKS FOR SHARING ! Great idea !

#13238 PanAndTilt

Posted by Michel Trahan on 13 May 2011 - 04:20 PM in Project Showcase

Thanks Michel for the heads-up.

No thanks needed, I'm much of a newbie too so ... just saw the diagram and got shivers ... lol

#13234 PanAndTilt

Posted by Michel Trahan on 13 May 2011 - 02:55 PM in Project Showcase

I thought we should never connect motors directly to the netduinos because of spikes ... just a thought !

#13096 Outdoor temperature sensor

Posted by Michel Trahan on 10 May 2011 - 03:25 PM in General Discussion

Look at www.gardenbot.org for a sample on how to do it :)

#12989 Open Source uIP porting project

Posted by Michel Trahan on 09 May 2011 - 01:39 AM in General Discussion

Here is a list of all modules: Protothreads Local continuations Applications DNS resolver SMTP E-mail sender Hello, world Web client Web server The uIP TCP/IP stack uIP configuration functions uIP initialization functions uIP device driver functions uIP application functions uIP conversion functions Variables used in uIP device drivers uIP Address Resolution Protocol uIP TCP throughput booster hack Architecture specific uIP functions Configuration options for uIP Timer library Clock interface Protosockets library Memory block management functions What do we attack first ?

#13236 Open Source uIP porting project

Posted by Michel Trahan on 13 May 2011 - 04:10 PM in General Discussion

What can I do ? Already following (Zoner42) and looking at the docs ... need directives please :)

#12950 Open Source uIP porting project

Posted by Michel Trahan on 08 May 2011 - 03:39 PM in General Discussion

3 Cheers for Szymon and Hanzibal :) I'm too much of a newbie to even think of trying ... (and too lazy Stefan would add LOL)

#12978 Open Source uIP porting project

Posted by Michel Trahan on 09 May 2011 - 12:08 AM in General Discussion

:D That was a comment when you said: "I'll just let you figure it out so I can download the code" :P

I know, I was having mileage on it lol I have a good work load and still manage to play with the netduino :) I see myself more as an integrator anyway :)

And the main reason hanzibal would probably the lack of a netduino plus :( or an ethernet shield for my netduino ! I can look at the code that exist that we need to translate ... ok I'll check the link, you got me convinced :) but keep the keyboard for someone who wants it :)

#12640 Newbie question: Reef Tank Controller?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 29 April 2011 - 01:23 PM in General Discussion

I see another type of usage ... hydroponics :)

#12622 NetduinoPlus Silverlight Server (preview)

Posted by Michel Trahan on 28 April 2011 - 10:59 PM in Project Showcase

Got it Thanks !

#13169 Netduino/Android - is it possible

Posted by Michel Trahan on 12 May 2011 - 12:38 PM in General Discussion

Thanks, I'll look into it :)

#13149 Netduino/Android - is it possible

Posted by Michel Trahan on 12 May 2011 - 12:37 AM in General Discussion

You can already use your Windows Phone to control a Netduino Plus-based accessory via WiFi.

Can you point at code 'cause I would like to know how to do just that :) Please ? I know, off topic since mainly phone Wifi coding ... but a link would be very much appreciated :)

#12927 Netduino Tutorial - Multithreading (Methods with Parameters)

Posted by Michel Trahan on 07 May 2011 - 04:03 PM in General Discussion

Just leaving a breadcrum to remember :) Thanks Omar !

#12471 Netduino to windows phone 7 ? Can it work ?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 24 April 2011 - 06:03 PM in General Discussion

Whilst the Bluetooth is not there the WiFi is but not as an API.

Do I understand correctly, the phone through Silverlight, can talk wifi to a wifi webserver (on the netduino equiped with a wifi shield and driver) ?

#12431 Netduino to windows phone 7 ? Can it work ?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 23 April 2011 - 01:01 PM in General Discussion

If I understand, It cannot be done because there is no API for it and we have to use the internet to do it ?

So the phone will speak to a router that will speak to the netduino ... is that it ? Cause I wanted to talk to the netduino directly through the wifi/bluetooth mechanism ... but no API for it on the windows phone side ... pity.

I also read about it on the msdn forums that we don't need such a function ... it sounds like an engineer that knows exactly what we need without even talking to us ... he was a real sob about the fact that we don't need such a functionnality ... he should loose his job on the spot. His name is Jim Perry. Read thisthen weep ... look for a "Really"

Mike happy not to work for a jackass like Jim Perry :)

#12404 Netduino to windows phone 7 ? Can it work ?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 22 April 2011 - 01:09 PM in General Discussion

Hi Guys (and Girls wherever you are lol),

I just saw this cool project: an adroid phone talking to a netduino through bluetooth.

It made me wonder : is this feasable on the windows phone 7 and the netduino ?

I have both so I could try ... but I read that windows phone 7 has no bluetooth API support ... can someone confirm this ? Any other means of communication (other than IP) with Windows phone 7 ?

Mike wondering !

#12462 Netduino to windows phone 7 ? Can it work ?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 24 April 2011 - 02:05 PM in General Discussion

I bought the netduino and the windows phone 7 to try to do as the iPhone and the Parrot quadcopter were doing but all with Microsoft technology ... discovering that Microsoft is not as helpful as it used to be 20 years ago ... I agree with you that it is very closed system now ... and I question my buying of a windows phone 7 ... pity, since I was a Microsoft fan for so many years ... discovering that they lack documentation with samples ... many years ago, that was their strength, they had sample code for everything ... so you could learn using the documentation. Now this is not true ... pity ! And I do a lot of things in XML ... where is it on the MF platform ? Is it absent from the phone too ? I'll have to buy a Ethernet shield for my normal netduino and get a netduino plus to have fun :) Damn, I wanted to have an API for Wifi or Bluetooth on the phone ... pity

#12316 Netduino servo class

Posted by Michel Trahan on 21 April 2011 - 04:11 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Why not push this to the sandbox.netduino.com ? the projects wiki ? Thanks for sharing :)

#12278 Netduino Plus home automation

Posted by Michel Trahan on 20 April 2011 - 01:05 PM in Project Showcase

Michel: now are you just saying that to win points?

Points, points ? Where ? For what ? How many per compliment ? How many do I loose if I make a critic ? LOL

I'd like to see how you define the space and rooms :) But the interface looks very intuitive ! Good job on that 90% !

#12263 Netduino Plus home automation

Posted by Michel Trahan on 20 April 2011 - 12:45 AM in Project Showcase

I purchased all GE lighting:
http://www.jascoproducts.com/z-wave/

ThinkEssentials showing my setup with 10 lights, furnace, and three door sensors.

Cool interface ! Thanks for posting the links !

#11950 Netduino PCBs for $2.00

Posted by Michel Trahan on 11 April 2011 - 01:34 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Enough to write NETDUINO with them on a wall ? Just a thought :)

#12440 Netduino for beginners - Gentle introduction with basic electronic project

Posted by Michel Trahan on 23 April 2011 - 04:59 PM in Project Showcase

Sorry but you lost my interest at page 2 ... many variable names and no reference to it ... not for me

#12178 Native code resources

Posted by Michel Trahan on 17 April 2011 - 06:18 PM in General Discussion

Here's a small google spreadsheet with the netduino -> MCU pin mappings.

Thanks, noted !

This is way out of my league but I agree with him, a special topic in the forum for this advanced topic :)

#13127 N+ Serial Read Frequency

Posted by Michel Trahan on 11 May 2011 - 02:50 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

My first thought would be : writting to an SD card is SLOW ...

#12359 N+ Port Listener

Posted by Michel Trahan on 21 April 2011 - 04:45 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I needed to provide a web server for a project I worked on a while ago (details here) which can be used to isten on multiple ports - just put each listener in it's own thread.

Would it be too much to ask to package this project and transfer it to the wiki somehow ? Thanks for posting !

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.