Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino PCBs for $2.00

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:27 AM

We made some extra Netduino PCBs and thought it would be fun to offer these to users who want a gold-immersed baseboard to show their friends (or who want to assemble a Netduino by hand). The contacts on these boards are covered in gold; they're very pretty. The PCBs have been electrically tested and the edges are routed/sanded just like regular Netduinos. For a limited time, you can get a Netduino [Rev B] PCB for $2.00. If you want Netduino-blue headers, add $1.00. For one week only, we will cover postage for all USA-based purchasers. International customers, we'll charge the discounted USPS Priority Mail rate. If you're interested, please private message me with your e-mail address and mailing address...and I'll send you a secure link to pay by credit card. Please note that this is a limited time offer. We plan to offer some additional build-your-own PCBs in the future...but we only have a limited number of these and they're likely to run out quickly. Chris Secret Labs LLC P.S. The reason we're not using these to build Netduinos: we changed the panel layout when we moved production to the USA a few months ago--and the panels for these boards do not line up with the assemblyline solder stencils. Rather than throw them away, we thought we'd offer them to the community.

Attached Files

#2 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

Nice! Too bad it would be too expensive to ship it to the netherlands (shipping costs would be at least $14,- if I'm correct), but a very good way to recycle stuff :)
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#3 renatoa

renatoa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

Please, check again, as an envelope it would be under $5.
I received electronic parts from USA in bubbled envelopes for this price.

For Europeans not in a hurry I can relay a group buy as follows: receive this week a number of boards at my NJ office for free, get them in hand in June for free, and then distribute them in any EU country for 2 Euro. No payment in advance, just a firm commitment !

#4 Michel Trahan

Michel Trahan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:34 PM

Enough to write NETDUINO with them on a wall ? Just a thought :)
Started with C in 1985, moved to Vb3 ... to vb6 and stopped. Now started with .Net and learning C# and VB.net and wishing VB.net was on MF !

#5 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:32 PM

Ah for €2,00 within the EU I would love to get one, nice to modify into something :)
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#6 terrorgen

terrorgen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:39 PM

Cheap! Rather than etching a custom board myself I would just get this. Add me to the list please...

#7 renatoa

renatoa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:44 AM

Chris, I PMed you for two units, no response... :unsure:

#8 KodeDaemon

KodeDaemon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:06 AM

Chris, I PMed you for two units, no response... :unsure:

Chris is in Vegas for MIX. I'm sure when he gets back he'll get back to you.

#9 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:39 AM

Just got back. I have 100 unread PMs. I hope we have enough... It may take a few days to process all the requests, but we'll start by Monday. We'll do it in order of request. We may need to limit it to 1-2 per person. Chris

#10 Michael H.

Michael H.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:23 PM

This may be a question that has been answered on another forum but I wasn't able to find it searching through the posts. I was wondering which US board house you guys are using? Also, do you guys assemble the boards or do you contract that out also. I am looking at selling one of my projects and any input would be helpful.

#11 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

Hi Michael,

This may be a question that has been answered on another forum but I wasn't able to find it searching through the posts. I was wondering which US board house you guys are using? Also, do you guys assemble the boards or do you contract that out also. I am looking at selling one of my projects and any input would be helpful.

We haven't found any US-based PCB manufacturers who can meet our quality standards at an affordable price, so we get them from asian manufacturers (Taiwan, Japan, etc.)

As to assembly, there are a few options out there. You have PM.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.