Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

RvBCrS's Content

There have been 31 items by RvBCrS (Search limited from 24-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2833 Wait...what's this?

Posted by RvBCrS on 25 September 2010 - 01:02 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Mine is on its way from Proto Advantage! Hope I will get it soon, can't wait to get those ethernet projects running!

#2746 Wait...what's this?

Posted by RvBCrS on 24 September 2010 - 10:57 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Outch $90 shipping to the Netherlands at LittleBird I think I'll skip :) Hope that Prot Advantage gets them online soon! So I can order there!

#2732 Wait...what's this?

Posted by RvBCrS on 24 September 2010 - 08:11 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Damn just bought a Netduino a week ago! But I still want one!! where can I get one, one those sites I can't find one!

#2676 HT1632 interface (alpha)

Posted by RvBCrS on 23 September 2010 - 03:35 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Does this help at all?

Posted Image

I just rewired it and tested it out. It all seems to work OK?
On the ribbon side, the pins are:

Green: Chip Select, pin3
Orange: Clock, pin5
White: Data, pin 7
Black: GND, pin 11
Red: 5V, pin 12

The 2416 will not work as the addressing mode is different. (well it might display something, but certainly not what is intended, I must get one of those to play with though...)

HTH

-(e)

Thanks for the picture! My configuration is exactly the same! So it can't be the wiring, you said the 2416 won't work because of a different pixel mapping.. I have read somewhere that the pixel mapping of the green 0832 is different from the red 0832 too just like the green 2416 pixel mapping is different from the red one.

The code runs just fine I have checked if the matrices are getting power. I really have no idea what is going wrong.

This is what is on the back of my 0832: Posted Image

Is that the same as yours?

Thanks again for your help! I really hope I can get it to work!

#2662 HT1632 interface (alpha)

Posted by RvBCrS on 23 September 2010 - 10:31 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi,

Checking the 0832 Datasheet, your connections look good.
I assume you have also wired:

NetDuino GND to Matrix 11
NetDuino 5V to Matrix 12

Also that you have set the dip switches on the back of the matrix to 1=ON, 2=OFF, 3=OFF, 4=OFF?

Make sure you have the matrix connector orientation correct (I got it upside down the first time and wired 5V to GND... :))
-(e)

Very strange, I did connect GND to pin 11 and 5V to 12 on the matrix, I also checked the CS selection switch and only 1 is on.. I have also some 2416 boards I tried one of those still no luck! Do you have a picture or something on how you wired yours? Or do you have any other ideas?

Thanks!

#2657 HT1632 interface (alpha)

Posted by RvBCrS on 23 September 2010 - 09:18 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I really can't take too much of the credit, its mostly Miles Burton's code, but thanks :)
I think that is definitely part of the speed issue as is the memory access on the buffer arrays.

I need to have a look at that...
-(e)

Cool stuff Sweetlilmre!

I'm trying your sample with some of my 0832 boards here but I can't seem to get anything displayed on it. I have to say it are the green 0832's from SureElectronics and not the red ones don't know if that makes any difference. Just to be sure this is how I mapped the pins

NetDuino -------------- Matrix
Pin4 -------------- Pin3
Pin13 -------------- Pin5
Pin12 -------------- Pin7

Is that correct? or did I screw up :)

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.