Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

NooM's Content

There have been 301 items by NooM (Search limited from 24-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#45575 Netduino Plus with arduino gps gsm with SIM548C module?

Posted by NooM on 15 February 2013 - 05:24 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort

.. not using.. add this toi references at the right side...

properties.. references ...

than add using System.IO.Ports; where your class is

#45608 is the next new netduino hardware has a 176 pins version?

Posted by NooM on 16 February 2013 - 06:56 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

id replace the 165 with something that has interrupts - polling is your perferomance killer here.

there is mcp23s17 (spi) and mcp23017 (i2c) wich are great for both inputs and outputs.

also, i dont think 74hc595's is much slower than more pins would be.

my test: just the performance counter code running: 8000 updates per sec.

turning 8 pins on/off = 4000 updates per sec.

turning 16 pins = 2000 updates per sec. so this is slow too.

but id totally avoid polling the 165

#45609 Where do you buy your stuff`// Do you know cheap ebay sellers?

Posted by NooM on 16 February 2013 - 06:59 AM in General Discussion

my favourite

and mouser.com i also like to buy, like 800 transistors was only 15

- and it has free express shipping when you buy enough

#45617 is the next new netduino hardware has a 176 pins version?

Posted by NooM on 16 February 2013 - 10:24 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

iam also not sure if you know what your talking about the 165 .. they have no interrupt pin..

the chips i suggested have 1 outgoing pin to your uC .. it tells you wnether an port changed, than you read it, the 165 cant do that.

you have to constantly ask them about their pin states.

also, the 595's are very very fast, and as paul said, maybe even faster than toggling single pins.

you can even chain them, and writing like 30 bytes (for 30 595's = 240 pins) at 10 mhz is outstanding fast.

you set the single bits in the bytes with bitshifting/bitmaks/whatever.

i tried all chips, and this is my experience.

#45621 is the next new netduino hardware has a 176 pins version?

Posted by NooM on 16 February 2013 - 01:33 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

well, you ask me if i dont understand this, but in fact, i do.

now, when the 595's are so slow, why so many ppl use it for led-matrixes? with a thousands of leds w/o problems?

i myself am using 4 595's and much ohter code running, and still get an updaterate of 100-200 times.

for the 165: you still dont get what i mean, yes the uC (its not a cpu ...) has interrupt pins, and any chip that supports it tells the

uC that something on its pins changed. whats the code you use for your 165?

when i made inputs with external ic's i used the pfc8574 and the mcp23017, as soon as any pin of them changed they throw an

interrupt on the netduino, than i read (within the interrupt) wich pin it actually was.

with the 165 i had to "ask" (poll) them constantly to get the data and than compare it with the last poll to see if anything has changed.

now thats not stupid - thats the only way they tell you what changed :P

but well, do whatever you like.

to your initial question: iam very sure there never will be a 176pin version, but you can make one youself.

make a design for the 176pin chip, add the same crystal oscillator (or use an gcc port, or even use different .netmf firmware) -

flash it - done. i myself use a 100 pin board. (not for normal i/o's)

#45626 is the next new netduino hardware has a 176 pins version?

Posted by NooM on 16 February 2013 - 02:58 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

you are right, that wouldnt be very fast.

and you want the extra pins for chipselect?

id also suggest give more information next time. i assumed you just want normal outputs.

driving them per spi and just use the extra-pins as chipselect would be fastest way ofc.

with 74hc138 you can multiplex pins, like with 3 real pins you can get 8

edit: keep in mind that the spi is in hardware, so thats really really fast.

if you have an oscilloscope you can meassure turning a pin on and off in a loop, and doing the same with

byte like 10101010 .. where spi beats the pin turning by far.

#45627 RUSSIAN METEOR

Posted by NooM on 16 February 2013 - 03:03 PM in Project Showcase

its the worlds end!!!

#45745 are sales down?

Posted by NooM on 18 February 2013 - 07:21 PM in General Discussion

haha :D

i wonder if its also in the resellers list :rolleyes:

#45756 are sales down?

Posted by NooM on 18 February 2013 - 08:08 PM in General Discussion

thats not true cw2, i found over 30 pieces in europe.

look at the link i posted, many have it in stock (eu)

#45759 Transferring large text files: Serial or Ethernet?

Posted by NooM on 18 February 2013 - 08:13 PM in General Discussion

both would work, but serial is a bit more tricky, ethernet/tcp-ip makes sure your packets arrive, serial not, so you have to implemewnt a method to make sure you actually recieve all packets first.

than you need to split your 2mb file up to many smallchunks (serial and ethernet)

edit: also keep in mind you have very limited ram, so you want read a chunk, than write it to sd card, than read the next

iam not sure what would be faster.

eeprom, i love eeproms, but they only have 64kb per piece, there arent bigger ones aviable (yes, some have 128kb, but thats in fact 2x64kb ...)

so that wount work for 2mb files very well

edit: no corssover, just normal ethernet cable

so in total: thats very doable, but needs some work, and can be tricky

#45762 Arduino Out Of Gas

Posted by NooM on 18 February 2013 - 08:24 PM in General Discussion

i started with netduino, and am currently playing with arduino, what you will notice: its very simmiliar (i had no problems switching the language)

the librarys are identical (not the same, but easy to adapt)

also you may notice its slow as hell (the netduino and netmf in gernal) - compared to an arduino (16mhz)

but i thinks thas ok, cos netduino/netmf offers such a nice ide and language and a bunch of cool libraries

iam doing "graphics proccessing" on the arduino and the logic (what to display where and such) on the netduino, this plays well

#45773 Did I brick my Mini?

Posted by NooM on 19 February 2013 - 12:05 AM in Netduino Mini

you need a max232 to flash new firmware, the com1 is 12 volts, its not a good idea to connect your ftdi cable to there.

also, dont erase with 5 volts, that cant be good, use max 3.3v (i dont think its damaged, but it might get damaged if you do that)

or hook it up to your computers comput.

best is you read the guid again ... very carefully ...

http://forums.netdui...y-instructions/

#45774 Did I brick my Mini?

Posted by NooM on 19 February 2013 - 12:08 AM in Netduino Mini

sorry linked the wrong one, but read both. its good todo.

http://forums.netdui...-v420-update-1/

#45805 Did I brick my Mini?

Posted by NooM on 19 February 2013 - 08:54 AM in Netduino Mini

guys, you talk crap.

the ftdi cable is fine, it just has the wrong voltage levels. i have an ftdi adapter, it works like a charm, but

for reflashing you have to use com1 on the mini, wich dont wants 5 or 3.3 volts, it needs 12 volts.

so you havge to step your ftdi singal levels up with a max232, or just use the comports from your computer, they are 12 volts singal level

#45812 Active FTP Connection

Posted by NooM on 19 February 2013 - 02:28 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

i read somewhere the netduino doesent accept multiple connections (only one at a time)

- does it allready work for you ? (the ftp stuff with 2 connections)

#45814 Active FTP Connection

Posted by NooM on 19 February 2013 - 03:24 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

idk where i got that, thx 4 info.

#45824 are sales down?

Posted by NooM on 19 February 2013 - 06:18 PM in General Discussion

i think the chips are quite expensive in china, they have some stm32f4 board (like waveshare)

- buy there isent much difference in price

#45825 Home Control with Netduino Plus 1

Posted by NooM on 19 February 2013 - 06:23 PM in General Discussion

no there isent, but you can save your data on a sd card, and if its smaller than 64kb on an eeprom.

there is also flash ic's with some mb (but i think they are unhandy, need to earse a whole sector a time.. and such stupido stuff :P )

#45829 ISO 8601 trim DateTime milliseconds

Posted by NooM on 19 February 2013 - 06:34 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

thats normal, its the same for windows apps.

#45831 Home Control with Netduino Plus 1

Posted by NooM on 19 February 2013 - 06:39 PM in General Discussion

you can get gthe time by timeserver.

and use a realtime clock as backup (the ds1307 chip even havs some battery backed sram - wich you can use to store a few timetables)

the netduino has no builtin rtc :(

i hope netduino 3 will have one :P

#45887 Ethernet, Real-Time Control and DotNetMF Threading

Posted by NooM on 20 February 2013 - 08:06 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

on .net you will never reach your goals, but as you mentioned, removing the .net stuff and coding

native will do the trick.

you can setup some of the free ide's to work with stm32.

there is some guides how todo that, but very few good tutorials for further stuff i found.

i got uart working in native, but thats it :P

st offers a "library" called cmsis, wich offers easier access to the chips features.

you still have to write a ethernet driver/tcp-ip stack than (or use lwip or simmiliar)

#45899 Netduino 2 frozen

Posted by NooM on 20 February 2013 - 01:50 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

PWM led1 = new PWM(Cpu.Pin.GPIO_Pin0); thats making your duino crash.

its not cpu.pin.. its PWMChannels.yourpin (if you are using the ms pwm class, wich i suggest doing.)

btw: netduino2 and plus2 dont have an "erase pad" .. what you found just looks like one, but has no function.

(its made so the machines that place the parts know where to start/orientation stuff)

its all software based (wich can be found in the numerous topics/tuts here ..)

#45900 Did I brick my Mini?

Posted by NooM on 20 February 2013 - 02:01 PM in Netduino Mini

iam 100% sure it works, for both the uart (com1) and the rs232 (com2) - ofc rs232 needs a max232 to convert voltage levels

(since i only have a mini, ill play around a lot with it :P )

#45904 Netduino 2 frozen

Posted by NooM on 20 February 2013 - 03:00 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

you sure you did it like this?

http://forums.netdui...-v422-update-2/

you have dfuse installed?

that erasing is not a mfdeploy thing, you have to reflash the firmware.

#45905 UsbController.GetControllers();

Posted by NooM on 20 February 2013 - 03:03 PM in General Discussion

i dont think you can use netduino as usb host, at least there is no easy way.

the usb port is used for deployment, so you have to change this first to an serial port.

than iam not sure if the firmware implements usb-host support, and from there it gets really messy :(

//edit: a usb-host shield could be a good solution.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.