Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

emg's Content

There have been 62 items by emg (Search limited from 08-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#44516 Finding all Netduino Plus(s) on a network

Posted by emg on 29 January 2013 - 07:15 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Yes. It looks like part of the setup requires the box to 'call home' to get registered anyway. Or better, I guess it would be easier if the device could broadcast to a specific port (that your local software app would listen for on that specific port). Is UDP broadcast supported by the N+? 

#44609 Finding all Netduino Plus(s) on a network

Posted by emg on 30 January 2013 - 08:58 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

HiredMind, That's awesome, thanks for sharing! I'm looking for something similar to enumerate one or two N+ on the network. The reply to the broadcast could be the MAC and IP address and any other status info, so no digging around or populating the ARP cache. I'm pretty sure this is how a lot of network printer managers work that find all the vendors printers on your network to install/setup drivers, etc. I've only got one N+ right now that's in use but have another on the way and will test this out. Thanks again.

#44703 BTinterface my Android app to control uControllers via Bluetooth

Posted by emg on 01 February 2013 - 10:35 AM in General Discussion

Write it up under Project Showcase forum...?

#44755 waiting for the sdk 4.3

Posted by emg on 02 February 2013 - 10:43 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

What bug in socket.connect are you seeing?

#44763 waiting for the sdk 4.3

Posted by emg on 02 February 2013 - 04:36 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Is this the issue you are having?

http://netmf.codeple...m/workitem/1830

#44872 New installer is WiX based! Source posted too...

Posted by emg on 04 February 2013 - 11:34 AM in General Discussion

I use Setup Factory from Indigo Rose and have found it very easy to work with.

#44881 New installer is WiX based! Source posted too...

Posted by emg on 04 February 2013 - 02:43 PM in General Discussion

Integrate how, into the VS IDE? No. Be able to load a project and scan all the dependencies, runtime support, GUI/LUA for scripting, templates for common install tasks, yes. Not open source, but worth the money IMHO.

#44914 NTP Time howto call with SDK 4.3

Posted by emg on 04 February 2013 - 07:42 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I thought this was (and still is) broken in VB. See Query NTP server. Byte operations not supported?

#44917 Rain sensor

Posted by emg on 04 February 2013 - 07:50 PM in General Discussion

look up around the rear view mirror. The ones I've seen are optical and use an IR led and sensor. They work by sensing a change in the amount of light reflected from the windshield, which changes when there are water droplets on the glass over the sensor.

#44997 BTinterface my Android app to control uControllers via Bluetooth

Posted by emg on 06 February 2013 - 02:58 AM in Project Showcase

What did you use to create the Android app, Eclipse?

#45003 BTinterface my Android app to control uControllers via Bluetooth

Posted by emg on 06 February 2013 - 10:04 AM in Project Showcase

Cool, thanks!

#45009 BTinterface my Android app to control uControllers via Bluetooth

Posted by emg on 06 February 2013 - 12:16 PM in Project Showcase

Did you know you can install the Mono runtime on the Raspberry Pi and run C# programs on it?

Mono does not run on the current hard-float Raspbian image. You have to use an early soft-float Wheezy that never left beta. See this thread: Raspbian vs Wheezy (beta) Mono support

#45012 BTinterface my Android app to control uControllers via Bluetooth

Posted by emg on 06 February 2013 - 12:50 PM in Project Showcase

It looks like will eventually get sorted, just be prepared to wait... or just use the Wheezy soft float while you wait.

#45519 Safely ejecting SD card (and other problems)

Posted by emg on 14 February 2013 - 07:33 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

lol.

Let me Google that for you

My personal favourite: Ermahgerd Translator

#45852 Home Control with Netduino Plus 1

Posted by emg on 19 February 2013 - 09:27 PM in General Discussion

+1 for using XML or other machine readable format. I would also look to change the schema so you can define any number of on/off times per end-point rather than a fixed flat layout as you are currently envisioning.

#45965 We have reproduce a lockup (when the internet fails) with a video

Posted by emg on 21 February 2013 - 12:32 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Chris, Watchdog please! It won't help N+1 issues but this will help JoopC and other 'black box' installations (like when you have a Netduino installed at your mother-in-laws house and it locks up...) if using N+2.

BTW, I thought that with N+2 and it's 'offloaded' Ethernet chip, this was supposed to allow you to recover from networking issues by simply power-cycling the Ethernet chip?

JoopC, can you try another test with your router? Instead of disabling DHCP, what happens if you unplug the router from the ADSL line and reconnect. Does it still lock up?

#46074 Netduino Plus 1 Firmware v4.2.0 (update 1)

Posted by emg on 22 February 2013 - 02:30 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

http://wiki.netduino...ep-by-step.ashx

#46127 No DFU mode, no blue light

Posted by emg on 23 February 2013 - 10:55 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Try plugging into a different USB port (esp change from front to back ports or other way). This will change to a different USB controller, and often can kick the PC into re-recognizing attached devices).

#46213 N+2 Hangs on HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()

Posted by emg on 25 February 2013 - 10:15 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

What's happening to the MAC address every time it's freezing?

#46235 We have reproduce a lockup (when the internet fails) with a video

Posted by emg on 25 February 2013 - 11:04 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Check and see if the router or Cisco has any DOS blocking filters and enable them. My Draytek 2820 has these and rejects large/malformed packets. 

#46277 We have reproduce a lockup (when the internet fails) with a video

Posted by emg on 26 February 2013 - 10:41 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

cdn,

Sorry, you mis-understood me. Enable the DOS (Denial of Service) packet filters on your router (if they have them) to >prevent< malformed packets from locking up your router, not suggesting they were the cause.

Also, I would be wary about testing via direct cross-over cable between 2 NIC's as I've seen this cause issues, depending on the NIC. it's better to connect both devices to a switch and use port mirroring to sniff packets. 

#46318 N+2 Hangs on HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()

Posted by emg on 27 February 2013 - 10:07 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Wow, that's strange. What type of router do you have? What your saying is that effectively you can use every IP address only once until router reboot? I assume this is the ARP cache and it's supposed to 're-register' a device every time it connects and periodically, see here ARP Cache - What is it?

So is this a result of no/bad broadcast support in the lwip stack (i.e., not registering as dynamic) or something else? If you take one of your other connected devices that are using a fixed IP address (Apple TV or Samsung printer in your example) does it also have the same problem?

#46477 N+2 Hangs on HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()

Posted by emg on 01 March 2013 - 09:35 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thanks, for the update. That looks like the better option for you (set device to DHCP and reserve it at the DHCP server). It is still unusual that the netduino that changes its static IP address does not signal the change to your router and you have to manually clear the ARP cache. This should happen by OSI model design.

#46608 Looking for a few ninja code contributors...

Posted by emg on 04 March 2013 - 09:52 AM in General Discussion

You can browse the code in that CodeProject article...

#46615 Switching deployment/debugging between USB and COM1/COM2

Posted by emg on 04 March 2013 - 03:45 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Kyle,

Welcome! They could probably use your insight into USB over here --> Looking for a few ninja code contributors...

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.