Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

cce1911's Content

There have been 59 items by cce1911 (Search limited from 24-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#49064 Compatible SD Shield?

Posted by cce1911 on 05 May 2013 - 03:53 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I purchased a Seedstudio SD shield (http://www.seeedstud...l?cPath=132_134

) but it does not appear to work. Has anyone used this shield with the Netduino?

If not, what shield do you suggest?

I need to store 18 configuration values (double) from one power up to the next...

-Capel

#49077 Compatible SD Shield?

Posted by cce1911 on 05 May 2013 - 08:15 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

NooM,

I have the N2 with a 2gb SD card.

The reason I say it does not appear to work is because my app works when the I/O is connected to the N2, but when I plug in the SD shield and move all the I/O wires to it, the app will not run. Nowhere does the documentation say it is Netduino compatible, I was assuming it was when I bought it, now I'm trying to confirm this assumption. I have not written any code to read/write to the SD card, yet.

You can see my initial schematic here: http://forums.netdui...uttons-and-lcd/

I'm not familiar with eeproms, would you point me to some tutorials? I like the sound of cheap:)

#49087 Compatible SD Shield?

Posted by cce1911 on 06 May 2013 - 02:43 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I definitely have a conflict with the SPI pins. If I free up D10-D13 I'm 2 pins short of what I need for the project.

#49106 How to Write/Read to Built-in Flash/EEPROM on the BARE Netduino?

Posted by cce1911 on 06 May 2013 - 04:51 PM in Visual Studio

It's a feature on our wish list, something that we baked into the hardware design. Right now we're focused on ensuring that all Netduino Plus 2 features work really well for our community and that projects upgrade seamlessly.

After the holidays we'll start attacking new software features. If this one gets the most votes, it gets in the first batch Posted Image

Chris

Did this make the list?

#49372 N2 to NP2 issue

Posted by cce1911 on 12 May 2013 - 10:50 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I have code that works fine when running on N2, but when I run the same code on the N2+ I get a System.ArgumentException on this line of code:

// Input Trigger - This input starts the cycle

InterruptPort inpTrigger = new InterruptPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A5, true, Port.ResistorMode.Disabled, Port.InterruptMode.InterruptEdgeLow);

It is simply a button to start my program running.

BTW I am using:

using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus;

Any suggestions?

-Capel

#49404 N2 to NP2 issue

Posted by cce1911 on 14 May 2013 - 02:17 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Ok, so I referenced

using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino;

and I still get the same exception.

I next tried moving the button assignments around and now I get the same exception, but on a [font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]different InterruptPort assignment.[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Keep in mind that I'm moving from a Netduino 2 to a Netduino + 2. Chris' post refers to N+ to N+2.[/font]

#49406 N2 to NP2 issue

Posted by cce1911 on 14 May 2013 - 03:03 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Upon closer examination, here is the debug output:

A first chance exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll

A first chance exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll

An unhandled exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll

Any suggestions?

#49455 Issues with buttons and LCD

Posted by cce1911 on 15 May 2013 - 03:22 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hanz,

Well I'm still getting intermittent behavior with the second line of the display. I grounded D0-D4 with a 100k resistor as you suggested and that did not resolve the problem. I purchased another 16x2 LCD from Adafruit and that did not solve the problem. I've even ported my code to a N+2 and I'm still seeing the issue of sometimes being able to see line 2 but most of the time I can't. If I unplug the USB cable to reboot, hold my jaw just right and I'm not wearing any socks, the 2nd line will sometimes work. All joking aside, I'm convinced its not a hardware problem.

You mentioned that it could be an issue with clocking. I assume this would be in the MicroLiquidCrystal library correct? Would a shift register and Mario's library solve the problem?

#49456 N2 to NP2 issue

Posted by cce1911 on 15 May 2013 - 03:26 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

This was a strange issue and I never did figure out why the N2 code would not run on the N+2, I did find a work around.

Basically, I defined the input using the Auto-Repeat button (http://forums.netdui...n-press-sample/) and it worked. Don't ask me why this worked, but it did.

#49464 Issues with buttons and LCD

Posted by cce1911 on 15 May 2013 - 01:17 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I agree, it's hardly a h/w error "anymore". Using a shiftregister would probably help but you need to change your wiring to use SPI with the shift register and probably have to use a different library (e.g. Mario's) too. Before trying that, I could post you some code to try when I'm home after work today. That code would be more or less a drop in replacement.

Any suggestions you have would be appreciated.

#49477 Issues with buttons and LCD

Posted by cce1911 on 16 May 2013 - 02:26 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hanzibal,

First let me say thank you for your assistance. I've been working with your code and I can't seem to get it to work. My breadboard is wired as shown in the attached image. I'm not sure if I have the pins assigned wrong or your code need to be tweaked for the N+2. Here is my code using your sample:

using System;using System.IO;using System.Net;using System.Net.Sockets;using System.Threading;using Microsoft.SPOT;using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware;using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino;using Hd44780Test;namespace FirstPlus    {    public class Program        {        public static void Main()            {            // create the LCD driver class (d4, d5, d6, d7, E, RS)            var lcd = new Hd44780(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D4, Pins.GPIO_PIN_D5, Pins.GPIO_PIN_D6, Pins.GPIO_PIN_D7, Pins.GPIO_PIN_D9, Pins.GPIO_PIN_D8);            lcd.Write("- Hd44780 Demo -");            bool onoff;            for (int i = 0; true; i++)                {                onoff = (i & 1) == 0;                lcd.ChangePosition(1, 0);                lcd.Write((i & 0xff).ToString("X2") + " LED is " + (onoff ? "ON " : "OFF"));                //led.Write(onoff);                Thread.Sleep(250);                }            }        }    }

Attached Thumbnails

• wiring_diagram2.png

#49493 Issues with buttons and LCD

Posted by cce1911 on 16 May 2013 - 01:55 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hanz,

Yes, I will stand up a new board with just the LCD on it and see if my wiring is the issue. It is a rather complex breadboard. I will also take a picture of the setup and what I'm seeing on the LCD. I won't be able to do this until this evening after work.

#49502 Issues with buttons and LCD

Posted by cce1911 on 17 May 2013 - 01:58 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Here is the picture. I'll set the other board up this weekend.

Attached Thumbnails

• breadboard.jpg

#49507 Issues with buttons and LCD

Posted by cce1911 on 17 May 2013 - 01:04 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I'll remove the pull-downs on d0-d3, but do you think that is causing this problem?

#49527 Issues with buttons and LCD

Posted by cce1911 on 18 May 2013 - 04:24 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hanzibal,

Tweaking the delay to 2ms did the trick. I also removed the pull-downs. Thanks for all your help.

#49963 3x4 Matrix Keypad bounce problem

Posted by cce1911 on 25 May 2013 - 06:19 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I'm using this keypad: http://www.adafruit.com/product/419

with the Toolbox.NETMF.Hardware.MatrixKeyPad driver and I'm getting a lot of bounce. It appears that the "time" parameter of the event handler is not working correctly. For example, in the code below, ButtonLastPushed is initially 0 and the first time the button is pushed "time" is zero also. Has anyone else run into this problem and found a fix?

/// Triggered when a key is pressedstatic void kb_OnKeyDown(uint KeyCode, uint Unused, DateTime time) {   if (ButtonLastPushed.AddMilliseconds(intBounceWait) > time) return; // prevent bounce   ButtonLastPushed = time;   Debug.Print("Key pressed: " + KeyLookup((int)KeyCode).ToString()); }

#49967 3x4 Matrix Keypad bounce problem

Posted by cce1911 on 25 May 2013 - 08:53 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

To start with I'm using the N+2. Sorry about posting in the wrong forum if this has anything to do with it.

The value of the "time" parameter is always 00:00:00 as if there were no clock at all on board. I don't expect the board to have the current time, just the time relative to startup. I can work around my problem with the code below, but I expected the Toolbox.NETMF.Hardware.MatrixKeyPad code to work and was wondering if anyone else had seen this problem.

static void kb_OnKeyDown(uint KeyCode, uint Unused, DateTime time){   KeyDown(KeyLookup((int)KeyCode), DateTime.Now);}// Process the keypad inputstatic void KeyDown(int KeyVal, DateTime dtTime)  {  if (ButtonLastPushed.AddMilliseconds(intBounceWait) > dtTime) return; // prevent bounce  ButtonLastPushed = dtTime;...

#49970 3x4 Matrix Keypad bounce problem

Posted by cce1911 on 25 May 2013 - 09:45 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I'll have to retract that last post. It does not work either. Looks like there is something wrong with the clock...

#49972 3x4 Matrix Keypad bounce problem

Posted by cce1911 on 25 May 2013 - 10:16 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

This is weird. The clock works. Debug printing .Now shows the clock incrementing. Maybe it is the keypad.

#50422 3x4 Matrix Keypad bounce problem

Posted by cce1911 on 11 June 2013 - 01:20 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Thanks for the input Karl. I'll give your suggestion a try.

-Capel

#51226 Whacky Device Advice?

Posted by cce1911 on 08 July 2013 - 06:34 PM in General Discussion

I'm at the conceptual stage of a project and would like some advice. The project can best be described as a game. The "Whack-a-Mole" game is a pretty close approximation of what I'm trying to do except the "moles" are further apart. If you don't know what this game is, watch this 22 seconds of video: https://www.youtube....h?v=D0n8N98mpes

There will be n number of devices in the network and one master controller. I'm thinking the controller will be a laptop, but I'm open to other ideas.

Each device will "display" according to an algorithm running on the master controller. If the mole is whacked while its displayed, a signal should be sent back to the master controller with the time it was whacked.

So my question is what is the best way for the master controller to communicate with the moles? After doing some research, it seems to me that each mole should be an N+2 with a Edimax BR-6258n wireless router running the NeonMika webserver. However, my concern is speed. Would Bluetooth be a better option or maybe one of the Xbee protocols? What about using a Mini instead of a N+2?

#51228 Whacky Device Advice?

Posted by cce1911 on 08 July 2013 - 07:05 PM in General Discussion

The moles will be anywhere from 10 yards to 35 yards from the central controller and up to 10 yards from each other.

#51238 NeonMika.NetduinoControl & NeonMika.Webserver.ClientLibrary

Posted by cce1911 on 09 July 2013 - 01:57 AM in Project Showcase

What version of Visual Studio is this built in? I get an error saying the project is incompatible with VS2010.

#51239 NeonMika.Webserver

Posted by cce1911 on 09 July 2013 - 02:06 AM in Project Showcase

Am I missing something? I downloaded the N+2 Version (10.12.12) and have it running,  but I can't create the "network name". Its not a parameter in

Server WebServer = new Server(PinManagement.OnboardLED, 80, false, "192.168.1.25", "255.255.255.0", "192.168.1.1");

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Does the N+2 version have this?[/font]

#51277 Dive Computer and Rebreather Controller Based on a Netduino Mini

Posted by cce1911 on 10 July 2013 - 01:16 AM in Project Showcase

I saw you using gradient factors in the video. What deco algorithm are you using and did you code that yourself?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.