Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

N2 to NP2 issue

Best Answer cce1911, 15 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

This was a strange issue and I never did figure out why the N2 code would not run on the N+2, I did find a work around.

Basically, I defined the input using the Auto-Repeat button (http://forums.netdui...n-press-sample/) and it worked. Don't ask me why this worked, but it did.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cce1911

cce1911

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

I have code that works fine when running on N2, but when I run the same code on the N2+ I get a System.ArgumentException on this line of code:

// Input Trigger - This input starts the cycle

InterruptPort inpTrigger = new InterruptPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A5, true, Port.ResistorMode.Disabled, Port.InterruptMode.InterruptEdgeLow);

It is simply a button to start my program running.

BTW I am using:

using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus;

Any suggestions?

-Capel

#2 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:28 AM

BTW I am using:

using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus;

Any suggestions?

-Capel

You need to change the DLL for the N+2.  See Chris's post.

Hope this helps,

Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#3 cce1911

cce1911

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:17 AM

Ok, so I referenced

using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino;

and I still get the same exception.

I next tried moving the button assignments around and now I get the same exception, but on a [font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]different InterruptPort assignment.[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Keep in mind that I'm moving from a Netduino 2 to a Netduino + 2. Chris' post refers to N+ to N+2.[/font]

#4 cce1911

cce1911

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

Upon closer examination, here is the debug output:

A first chance exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll

A first chance exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll

An unhandled exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll

Any suggestions?

#5 cce1911

cce1911

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:26 AM   Best Answer

This was a strange issue and I never did figure out why the N2 code would not run on the N+2, I did find a work around.

Basically, I defined the input using the Auto-Repeat button (http://forums.netdui...n-press-sample/) and it worked. Don't ask me why this worked, but it did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.