Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Easiest way for a noob to control 3 relays?

relay go

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ksouthworth

ksouthworth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

Hi,

I'm a complete noob to netduino and the whole microcontroller and embedded electronics arena.  I purchased a Netduino Go and hooked it up to a Nwazet Relay and I'm able to turn some christmas lights on and off, which was pretty exciting!

Now I'm looking to expand on my project and I'd like to control 3 different AC loads independently (kind of like a traffic light scenario) where any combo of the 3 lights could be on or off at the same time, or turn them on/off in sequence, etc.

What's the easiest hardware path forward for this?  I know I could buy 2 more of the Nwazet Relays and use up 3 GO ports, which has been my current plan.  The Nwazet relays are nice, but they're $14/each and you have to solder everything yourself.

Then I found this pre-assembled relay board on Amazon that already has 8 solid-state relays on it, for only $23 !

http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_sbs_t_3

SainSmart also makes other versions of relay boards with varying numbers of relays included.

Does anyone have experience using these SainSmart boards with a Netduino GO?  I'm assuming I'd need the Shield Base module to interface with it, but after that I'm not sure how to wire up everything (SainSmart --> Shield Base)....

Any recommendations?

#2 SpitfireMike

SpitfireMike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO, USA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

I haven't done this myself, but you could use one of these:http://www.ghielectr...log/product/405 to break out the pins from the GO socket to the pins on the relay board.

I've had great success with the SainSmart relay boards using Netduino+, haven't tried them with the GO.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: relay, go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.