Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Can't run my code after N+ (v1) firmware update to 4.2.0.1

firmware update firmware update assembly netduino plus 4.2.0.1 4.2.0 debug

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 NeonMika / Markus VV.

NeonMika / Markus VV.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationUpper Austria

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Hey guys,

I successfully updated my N+'s firmware to 4.2.0.1, but now my webserver code doesn't run anymore.

I can give you the following debugging outputs:

Micro Framework Device Deployment:

Looking for a device on transport 'USB'Starting device deployment...Iteration 0Opening port ?usb#vid_22b1&pid_1001#5&385a3465&0&1#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}Attaching debugger engine...... debugger engine attached!Querying device assemblies...Found Assembly mscorlib 4.2.0.0Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Native 4.2.0.0Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware 4.2.0.0Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Net 4.2.0.0Found Assembly System 4.2.0.0Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort 4.2.0.0Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.IO 4.2.0.0Found Assembly System.IO 4.2.0.0Found Assembly Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM 4.2.0.1Found Assembly SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics 4.2.0.0Adding pe file C:UsersMarkusSkyDriveCodingNeonMika.WebserverFrameworkNeonMika.WebserverNeonMika.WebserverbinDebuglejsonlib.pe to deployment bundleAdding pe file C:Program Files (x86)Secret LabsNetduino SDKAssembliesv4.2lesecretlabs.netmf.hardware.netduinoplus.pe to deployment bundleAdding pe file C:Program Files (x86)Secret LabsNetduino SDKAssembliesv4.2lesecretlabs.netmf.hardware.netduino.pe to deployment bundleAdding pe file C:UsersMarkusSkyDriveCodingNeonMika.WebserverFrameworkNeonMika.WebserverNeonMika.WebserverbinDebugleneonmika.webserver.pe to deployment bundleAdding pe file C:UsersMarkusSkyDriveCodingNeonMika.WebserverFrameworkNeonMika.WebserverNeonMika.WebserverbinDebugleneonmika.xml.pe to deployment bundleAdding pe file C:UsersMarkusSkyDriveCodingNeonMika.WebserverFrameworkNeonMika.WebserverNeonMika.WebserverbinDebugleneonmika.util.pe to deployment bundleAdding pe file C:UsersMarkusSkyDriveCodingNeonMika.WebserverExecuteableNeonMikaWebserverNeonMikaWebserverbinDebugleNeonMikaWebserver.pe to deployment bundleAdding pe file C:Program Files (x86)Secret LabsNetduino SDKAssembliesv4.2lesecretlabs.netmf.hardware.pe to deployment bundleAttempting deployment...Incrementally deploying assemblies to deviceDeploying assemblies for a total size of 38176 bytesAssemblies successfully deployed to device.Restarting interpreter...Attaching to device...Waiting for device to initialize... 

So the deploying should work out.

After that I get the following output in Debug:

Found debugger!Create TS. Loading start at 1542e0, end 16c5dc   Assembly: mscorlib (4.2.0.0)   Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.2.0.0)   Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.2.0.0)   Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Net (4.2.0.0)   Assembly: System (4.2.0.0)   Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.2.0.0)   Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.IO (4.2.0.0)   Assembly: System.IO (4.2.0.0)   Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM (4.2.0.1)   Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics (4.2.0.0)Loading Deployment Assemblies.Attaching deployed file.   Assembly: JSONLib (1.0.0.0)Attaching deployed file.   Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus (4.2.2.0)Attaching deployed file.   Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino (4.2.1.0)Attaching deployed file.   Assembly: NeonMika.Webserver (1.0.0.0)Attaching deployed file.   Assembly: NeonMika.XML (1.0.0.0)Attaching deployed file.   Assembly: NeonMika.Util (1.0.0.0)Attaching deployed file.   Assembly: NeonMikaWebserver (1.0.0.0)Attaching deployed file.   Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware (4.2.0.0)Resolving.Link failure: some assembly references cannot be resolved!!Assembly: JSONLib (1.0.0.0) needs assembly 'mscorlib' (4.1.2821.0)Assembly: NeonMika.Webserver (1.0.0.0) needs assembly 'SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.PWM' (4.2.2.0)Assembly: NeonMika.Webserver (1.0.0.0) needs assembly 'SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.AnalogInput' (4.2.2.0)Assembly: NeonMika.Webserver (1.0.0.0) needs assembly 'JSONLib' (1.0.0.0)Assembly: NeonMika.Webserver (1.0.0.0) needs assembly 'NeonMika.Util' (1.0.0.0)Assembly: NeonMika.Webserver (1.0.0.0) needs assembly 'mscorlib' (4.1.2821.0)Assembly: NeonMika.Webserver (1.0.0.0) needs assembly 'NeonMika.XML' (1.0.0.0)Assembly: NeonMika.XML (1.0.0.0) needs assembly 'mscorlib' (4.1.2821.0)Assembly: NeonMika.Util (1.0.0.0) needs assembly 'mscorlib' (4.1.2821.0)Assembly: NeonMika.Util (1.0.0.0) needs assembly 'Microsoft.SPOT.Native' (4.1.2821.0)Assembly: NeonMikaWebserver (1.0.0.0) needs assembly 'NeonMika.Webserver' (1.0.0.0)Error: a3000000Waiting for debug commands...Das Programm "[8] Micro Framework application: Verwaltet" wurde mit Code 0 (0x0) beendet. 

What is it all about the "needs assembly"? I think it should have all these on it because the build and deployment don't give an error.

Can anyone give me further infos?

Thanks in advance!

Greeets, Markus

NeonMika.Webserver
> Control your N+ and write webservice methods easyily
> Receive data from you N+ (in XML or JSON)
> Browse the SD on your N+ directly in the browser and d
own - and upload files

If you need help with NeonMika.Webserver, please just leave a note in the thread and/or contact me via Skype :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- Mistakes teach you important lessons. Every time you make one, you are one step closer to your goal. ----
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 ziggurat29

ziggurat29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

WAG:  is it the version number of the precompiled libs?

Assembly: JSONLib (1.0.0.0) needs assembly 'mscorlib' (4.1.2821.0)  

whereas

Querying device assemblies... Found Assembly mscorlib 4.2.0.0  

???

#3 NeonMika / Markus VV.

NeonMika / Markus VV.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationUpper Austria

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

You're the man!

I updated my framework code and my runnable code to deploy to 4.2, but not the depending libs... After I changed all libs to 4.2 it works out.

Thanks a bunch!

Greets, Markus

NeonMika.Webserver
own - and upload files

If you need help with NeonMika.Webserver, please just leave a note in the thread and/or contact me via Skype :)

--- Mistakes teach you important lessons. Every time you make one, you are one step closer to your goal. ----

#4 ziggurat29

ziggurat29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

awesome.  and I look forward to using your web server at some point in the near future.

#5 NeonMika / Markus VV.

NeonMika / Markus VV.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationUpper Austria

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

Yeah, that's great.

Just got a netbios nameservice-class working, so you don't have to use your netduino's ip, instead you can give it a "network name".

if you will wait about a week, I will also release an open source PC command tool, so you can send basic commands like setting / reading pin status and pwm via your PC over network :)

I hope that I will also find time to make 1 or 2 videos on how to use the tool and how to code your own webservices for the netduino.

University can wait :D

Haha, just kidding, but from next monday on I have 2 weeks holiday, so I hope I will get some things done. :)

Greets, Markus

NeonMika.Webserver
own - and upload files

#6 ziggurat29

ziggurat29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Yeah, that's great.

Just got a netbios nameservice-class working, so you don't have to use your netduino's ip, instead you can give it a "network name".

if you will wait about a week, I will also release an open source PC command tool, so you can send basic commands like setting / reading pin status and pwm via your PC over network :)

I hope that I will also find time to make 1 or 2 videos on how to use the tool and how to code your own webservices for the netduino.

University can wait :D

Haha, just kidding, but from next monday on I have 2 weeks holiday, so I hope I will get some things done. :)

Greets, Markus

cool.  It will probably be a month before I even start to look at adding HTTP server function.  That being said, let me ask this provocative question.  Well, some background first:

*  I do networking over ethernet a little, but much more commonly over a kooky GSM modem

*  the modem has an embedded TCP/IP stack, so the device is reachable via the Internet, but presents itself to the board as a serial device and you do AT commands to interact with it.

*  As such, you don't use sockets to do the TCPIP.  I have already written code to abstract the modem and present an API that is Socket-esque, so the rest of my protocol handler can easily snap on top of a real socket or my bogosocket.  However this is client mode, and it's a customer protocol anyway, but I wanted to explain the design a little so you can visualize. *  the modem supports a server mode as well, with a single incoming connection at a time, which is fine for my application.

What I would /like/ to do is have an HTTP server implementation that is minimally coupled to any underlying Socket except for maybe in a well-defined location where read, write, and maybe a check for connectivity is done.  That way I _should_ be able to that implementation to my modem code with minimal surgery.

So, now the question:  do you think that the NeonMika is tightly or losely coupled to the underlying socket stuff?  Obviously I can review the code myself, but thought I'd ask as an expedient while I'm working on other parts of the system.

Thanks!  And have fun on vacation!

#7 NeonMika / Markus VV.

NeonMika / Markus VV.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationUpper Austria

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

What I could think of is that you could write something like a socket wrapper class (like you describes).

I don't use that much different socket methods. You would have to write a Send as well as a Receive mmethode accepting buffers, offset, ect.

To know the exact parameter list you should have a look at the Server.cs file in NeonMika.Webserver.

Further you should have a method (I think it is called Available, not sure) which returns the number of bytes waiting to be read.

I think the server doen't use more than this 3 methods.

All you had to do is to replace all "Socket" variables and change them to "GsmSocket".

So I think it shouldn't be that hard. :)

Greets, Markus

NeonMika.Webserver
own - and upload files

#8 ziggurat29

ziggurat29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

What I could think of is that you could write something like a socket wrapper class (like you describes).

I don't use that much different socket methods. You would have to write a Send as well as a Receive mmethode accepting buffers, offset, ect.

To know the exact parameter list you should have a look at the Server.cs file in NeonMika.Webserver.

Further you should have a method (I think it is called Available, not sure) which returns the number of bytes waiting to be read.

I think the server doen't use more than this 3 methods.

All you had to do is to replace all "Socket" variables and change them to "GsmSocket".

So I think it shouldn't be that hard. :)

Greets, Markus

groovy; good news.  It will be about two months before I get to that step, so I have time to research.  Unless of course web services support becomes a priority again, haha.  Thanks for the pointers on where to look and what the scope would be.

Keep up the good work, people do appreciate it!

-dave

#9 NeonMika / Markus VV.

NeonMika / Markus VV.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationUpper Austria

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

Hey Dave.

Just wanted to tell you that the NeonMika.NetduinoControl was just released a few moments ago here: http://forums.netdui...rclientlibrary/

So when it comes to your networking tasks you will want to probably have a look at it :)

Greets, Markus

NeonMika.Webserver
own - and upload files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: firmware, update, firmware update, assembly, netduino plus, 4.2.0.1, 4.2.0, debug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.