Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

security keypad

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 optimus primer

optimus primer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Locationnashville, tn

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

i am in the process of making a home security system. i want to buy a keypad instead of making one. honeywell ademco 6148. but i do not understand the data line out. i can not find any specs on the net anywhere. any help would be awesome.

thanks.

#2 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

There's a very interesting article of Paul Newton in the Netduino's Wiki.

That should help.

Cheers

Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

#3 Paul Newton

Paul Newton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, UK

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Hi Optimus,

I found a data sheet for the keypad.

I can see that you have 0V, 12V, data in and data out.

But, I can't find any information on what the data in/out are.

I suggest that you power up the keypad and use a voltmeter to check the data out signal.

If you find a large voltage, e.g. +/- 5V, you may have RS232. If so you could try inputting that to a PC serial port (or USB adapter if you have a PC younger than my 10 year old model), then run up a serial terminal such as Putty and try pressing buttons. You may need to tweak the serial settings (baud rate / bits) to get a result. Hopefully you will a recognisable character on the PC when you press a key. Even better would be to use an oscilloscope to look at the data out as you press keys.

If it is RS232, remember you will need a voltage converter before connecting to the Netduino.

Paul

#4 optimus primer

optimus primer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Locationnashville, tn

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

thanks for the infromation. i should be getting it in the mail in the next couple of days. with some trial and testing i will be able to figure out something and i will post my results with some questions how to write the code.. thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.