Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.0 (beta 1)

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

Version: 4.3.0 Beta 1 (version 4.3.0.0 beta 1)

This firmware requires use of the .NET Micro Framework v4.3 SDK and Netduino 4.3.0.0 SDK.

With this firmware, you will have the following resources available for your code:
384KB Flash
100KB+ RAM

This firmware includes the following updates:
1. .NET MF 4.2 QFE2 and 4.3 bug fixes

This firmware does not include:
1. Newest lwIP networking stack from .NET MF 4.3. This will be added in an upcoming release.
2. SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Diagnostics.dll. This will be added in an upcoming release.

This firmware also includes the previous updates:
1. Bug fix: SPI clock 'idle high' setting now supported
2. Netduino Plus 1 projects can be upgraded without changing HardwareProvider
3. Now compatible with legacy SecretLabs AnalogInput and PWM classes
4. Bug fix: SPI chip select timing corrected
5. Bug fix: PWM frequency corrected
6. New: more reliable rebooting during deployment
7. Static IP now works (in addition to DHCP default)
8. MAC Addresses are now loaded by TinyCLR
9. Additional I2C bug fix--pins now forced into proper configuration

To find the current version of your Netduino firmware:
1. Go to the Start Menu > Programs > Microsoft .NET Micro Framework 4.3 > MFDeploy
3. Plug your Netduino into your PC using a Micro USB cable.
4. In the Device section at top, select USB instead of Serial. Your Netduino should appear in the drop-down; if not, select it.
5. Select the Target menu, Device Capabilities option.
6. In the output box, find the "SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion" value. This is your firmware version.

To flash this firmware:
1. Detach your Netduino
2. Press and hold your Netduino's pushbutton while plugging it in via USB; this will put it in bootloader mode.
3. Erase the firmware on your Netduino using the STDFU Tester v3.0.1 application
> a. Select the "Protocol" tab
> b. Press the "Create from Map" button
> c. Select the "Erase" radio button option
> d. Press the "Go" button
> e. Wait for erase process to complete
4. Flash the attached .DFU file using the ST DfuSe Demonstrator v3.0.2 application (included with STDFU Tester)
> a. Locate the "Upgrade or Verify Action" pane (bottom-right pane)
> b. Press "Choose..." and select the attached DFU file
> c. Check the "Verify after download" option
> d. Press "Upgrade". It will take a few minutes to update your Netduino.
> e. Detach and reattach your Netduino (power cycle) or press "Leave DFU mode"

After flashing, to set your network settings using MFDeploy:
1. Select the Target > Configuration > Networking menu. Re-enter your IP address settings and MAC address.

Enjoy, and please let us know if you run into any troubles.

Chris

Attached Files

#2 weixiongmei

weixiongmei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:18 AM

thanks alot~~~

#3 JoopC

JoopC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

Hello, I need do you all greetings from Ellen (family of my)

Back to 4.3:

-Network is not possible with 4.3, going back to 4.2 then it re-establish Network. (No connect/send light on the N+2 and no connect light on the Router).

-Bit shifting  << is not possible and give an error.

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

Hi JoopC, Can you please provide more details regarding networking with 4.3? Did you flash your board with Netduino 2 beta firmware...or Netduino Plus 2 beta firmware? Chris

#5 JoopC

JoopC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Hi Chris,

I had the Netduino 2 beta firmware,

Now with the Netduino PLUS 2 beta firmware I am connected.

I had no idea of ??the existence of another netduino (plus or without plus) version. Now I start testing everything again.

Chris, a little note.

Please put the announcement of Attached Files more on the top of the posts. It is written in Blue and at the end of the post and we can read easely over it without notice it. For you it is Obvious, but you work every day with the files.

#6 francoism

francoism

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

Hi all,

I am new to NETMF and Netduino.

I started of with a RGB LED and a Ultrasonic Rabge Sensor, to show the different colors at different distances.

All went well and I got it working, but the RGB LED was not bright at all, very faded.

I started playing around with the parameters of the PWM object for each of the RGB colors.

Now the problem, after a deploy I got an error in my code and the Netduino+ 2 froze up, if I reconnect to USB something happens.

I cannot deploy to Netduino+ 2 from Visual Studion no connection, I cannot ping from MFDeploy.

I read you can re-Flash the firmware, I downloaded STDFU Tester v3.0.1, restarted the Netduino+ 2 into BootLoader mode, it wanted to install a driver which failed, and the STDFU software is not detecting the Netduino+ 2 device in the device list. 

The version is NET MF 4.2, Netduino+ 2 SDK 4.2.0 and the Firmware is also 4.2.X

I have downloaded all the version for 4.3 and want to flash the device to use Version 4.3 for MF, SDK and FW.

How can I get this to work, I know I have said a lot here, but help will greatly be appretiated.

Thanks

#7 AndrejsM

AndrejsM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Hi, the [color=rgb(40,40,40);][font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"] [/color][/font]STDFU Tester v3.0.1 is not included in the download. When I unzip the file all that's there is DfuSe_Demo_V3.0.2_Setup and DfuSe_Demo_V3.0.2_Setup_amd64. Am I missing something? Thanks.

UPDATE: I found it. Nevermind.

Edited by AndrejsM, 07 February 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#8 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Hi francoism,

I read you can re-Flash the firmware, I downloaded STDFU Tester v3.0.1, restarted the Netduino+ 2 into BootLoader mode, it wanted to install a driver which failed, and the STDFU software is not detecting the Netduino+ 2 device in the device list.

When you start the Netduino Plus 2 in bootloader mode (by holding down the pushbutton while plugging it into MicroUSB), what device appears in Device Manager?

Chris

#9 AndrejsM

AndrejsM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Hi. I'm having a problem with STDFU Tester as well. When I plug my Netduino Plus 2 in, holding the button, the device manager has a 'STM32 Bootloader'. When I Start STDFU, The Netduino doesn't show up as a device in the combo box at the top in the 'Protocol Tab'. Can you help please?

#10 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

Hi AndrejsM, What version of STDFU are you running? Chris

#11 AndrejsM

AndrejsM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

Hi. It's 3.0.1 it's the one from he download link up above in this thread.

UPDATE: Figured out my problem. Needed to install a driver for the Bootloader. Now I'll try to flash the darn thing.

#12 AndrejsM

AndrejsM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

Hi. It's me again :) So I was able to erase my ND+2 using the above instructions. But now I can't flash the new firmware. In my device manager it says 'STM Device in DFU Mode'. I can see the device in STDFU tester when I erase. However a device does not appear at the top of the ST DfuSe Demonstrator v3.0.2. I can choose the DFU file per instructions, however the 'Upgrade' button never becomes active, so I can't press it. Any suggestions? BTW, I messed up the ND+2 by setting the frequency too low when I was messing with PWM. Thanks for your help!

#13 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

Hi AndrejsM, STDFU and DFUSE should both recognize the device the same way. Can you please check to make sure it appears in STDFU...and then try DFUSE again? Perhaps reboot your PC really quickly? If it doesn't work there, diagnostics is going to be a bit tough. We're happy to contact ST and try to explore this, but it might be easiest to borrow another computer for a moment... Chris

#14 AndrejsM

AndrejsM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

Hi. Is my driver out of date? In device manager the properties for the ST driver are;

Provider: STMicroelectronics

Driver Date: 11/9/2009

Driver Version: 3.0.1.0

Does this look right?

Thanks.

#15 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Hi AndrejsM,

The driver installed on my PC (from the standard DFUSE installer, linked in the firmware update posts and also below) is:

Provider: STMicroelectronics
Driver Date: 7/5/2012
Driver Version: 3.0.4.0

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

I would recommend uninstalling your current version of DFUSE and installing the latest one instead:
http://www.st.com/in...DEMO/um0412.zip

Chris

Chris

#16 AndrejsM

AndrejsM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Thanks. I'll try the new link you have provided.

#17 AndrejsM

AndrejsM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

Hi. I know I'm becoming a total pain with all of this, but I'm loosing my mind over here. I downloaded the file from...

http://www.st.com/in...DEMO/um0412.zip

The STtube.inf file that is in there is dated 2009 and has the following in it...

DriverVer=11/09/2009,3.0.1.0
CatalogFile=sttube.cat

And the sttube.cat file is also dated 2009. Where does the [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]3.0.4.0 version from 2012 come from. I have installed, uninstalled, rebooted. I even switched to another computer with the same results. Is there any other way to get new firmware on the N+2? Heck, I'll go back to 4.2 if I can just get it to work. Thanks.[/color]

#18 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

Hi AndrejsM,

I suppose that it's possible that Windows Update pulled in the driver I'm using. If you uninstall your current driver and then just let Windows Update find it...do you get a newer version?

Also...it looks like ST has updated DfuSe to a new version (3.0.3). But the new version might have some compatibility issues with Windows 8 x64. So we've cached 3.0.2 in our downloads section at the following link.
http://www.netduino....edemo_3.0.2.zip

Chris

#19 AndrejsM

AndrejsM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Hi Chris. Thanks for all of your help. FYI, I finally got a third laptop to behave correctly. I installed UM0412.zip from the link above on my third laptop. Checked the driver info and the driver was the 2009 version. I then uninstalled the driver, re-started the computer, plugged in the netduino with the button pressed, and in device manager, instead of showing up as unknown device or STM32 Bootloader (which it always did on the other two computers after I uninstalled the driver), it was in the USB section as if I hadn't uninstalled the driver. I checked the driver details and walla, it was the same version that you have, 3.0.4.0. I have no idea how that happened. The important part is that I was able to flash the netduino to 4.3.0 firmware and am back in business!!!

I have scoured the web and the ST Microelectronics site and cannot find the 3.0.4.0 driver for download. Does anyone know where it is as a standalone download? Thanks.

#20 col

col

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

hello i have a netduino plus, i can update my netduino plus with this firmware v4.3.0 (beta 1)

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.