Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Plus 2 not responding

plus 2 error

Best Answer Chris Walker, 01 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

Hi martin2250, It sounds like your Netduino Plus 2 may be locking out the debugger. This can be fixed by erasing and reflashing your Netduino using the instructions in the latest "Netduino Plus 2" firmware sticky at the top of this forum. Please note that the reflashing procedure is new and simplified for the gen2 boards. The ERASE pad process of gen1 is now discontinued and you simply use software to erase and reflash the board now. Full instructions are in the latest firmware thread (be sure to look for the "2" in "Netduino Plus 2" in the thread title). Also...1Hz is too long of a signal for the 16-bit PWMs. You'll max out at around 16Hz. You can go as fast as 1,000,000Hz--but no slower than 16Hz. The exception to that is the single 32-bin PWM. Does that get you back up and running? Chris Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 martin2250

martin2250

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

after I ran a program that would set the frequency of a PWM port to 1 my Netduino doesnt respond anymore

the program executes and prints a string to the LCD I have hooked up to it, but it doesn't do anything else

MFDeploy.exe :

-Ping: Error: No response from device

-Hold down reset button while connecting: Doesn't even show up in MFDeploy

strangely when i connect it normally it still shows up and sometimes i can connect to it, but i can't do anything else

well.. i tried to reset the entire firmware and then reinstall it

after connecting the connector pad below D0 to +3.3V and reconnecting the netduino, it showed up normally as Netduino, and the program still would print text to the LCD

i hope someone will know a way to fix this, any help is appreciated

thank you

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:27 PM   Best Answer

Hi martin2250, It sounds like your Netduino Plus 2 may be locking out the debugger. This can be fixed by erasing and reflashing your Netduino using the instructions in the latest "Netduino Plus 2" firmware sticky at the top of this forum. Please note that the reflashing procedure is new and simplified for the gen2 boards. The ERASE pad process of gen1 is now discontinued and you simply use software to erase and reflash the board now. Full instructions are in the latest firmware thread (be sure to look for the "2" in "Netduino Plus 2" in the thread title). Also...1Hz is too long of a signal for the 16-bit PWMs. You'll max out at around 16Hz. You can go as fast as 1,000,000Hz--but no slower than 16Hz. The exception to that is the single 32-bin PWM. Does that get you back up and running? Chris

#3 Gutworks

Gutworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Hi martin2250,

I had noticed in earlier firmware releases that an incorrect frequency value would crash your Netduino Plus 2, however I've found that the latest release seems to have corrected the corruption issues. However you will still need to update your code to a frequency value anywhere between 16Khz and up to 500Khz. I've attempted to explain the reason for this in this post: Reasonable frequencies for PWM 

Hopefully it can help you out. 

Cheers,

Steve

#4 martin2250

martin2250

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

hi Chris,

after unplugging and reconnecting my netduino at least 30 times it installed the bootloader drivers correctly and everything went as expected, thank you very much :D

i hope the firmware upgrade also solved the ethernet not working at all -> first thing i'm going to try out

Greetings,

Martin

#5 martin2250

martin2250

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

hi Steve,

i read through your post and you have explained everything really detailed, i hope it will help me to prevent further errors with PWM

greetings,

Martin

#6 mrsupe

mrsupe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:49 PM

I am not able find how to erase and reflash Netduino plus 2 :-(

#7 nakchak

nakchak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

I am not able find how to erase and reflash Netduino plus 2 :-(

Follow the instructions in the pinned thread about the netduino 2 firmware

http://forums.netdui...-v422-update-2/

Nak.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.