Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino IR Distance Sensor

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 hari

hari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:26 PM

Just playing around with the Sharp GP2Y0A21YK IR Proximity sensor and getting re-aquainted with my antique 2x16 Serial LCD Module (it doesn't even have a backlight and require inverted TTL input - hence the SN7404 hex inverter). Full source code is attached to this post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYEwXw5HwJI

Attached Files

#2 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:04 PM

Very impressive. I really like your "test bench" - what is it made of?

#3 hari

hari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:18 PM

Very impressive. I really like your "test bench" - what is it made of?

Thanks. Posted Image
The "Test bench" is made out of Foam Board. Really easy to work with material.

Video here:
http://forums.netdui...d-project-base/

#4 Mark H

Mark H

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:46 AM

I have drivers for the FEZ to run all the sharp distance sensors accurate to within a few mm, if anyone's interested i can port them over to Netduino, however i don't have one to test on (yet).

#5 sweetlilmre

sweetlilmre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:37 PM

I have drivers for the FEZ to run all the sharp distance sensors accurate to within a few mm, if anyone's interested i can port them over to Netduino, however i don't have one to test on (yet).

Yes please :) I just got one today that I would like to start playing with soon. Or just post the code and I'll convert it?
-(e)

#6 Mark H

Mark H

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:26 AM

Converting it should just be a matter of changing the analogue in namespace however i'd like to work out a way to determine if it's on a netduino or FEZ and load the appropriate library automatically. I'll see about looking into it this weekend. I'd prefer not to maintain two copies of the library.... 

#7 randoom

randoom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:30 PM

IMO the best solution is to make a wrapper for AnalogIo and use conditional compilation inside it. Dynamically using the appropriate class depending on the hardware could be done by reflection but would have some significant impact on performance

#8 Stefan W.

Stefan W.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:44 PM

Hi, I just got something like this (for a further range), and was wondering a bit - you're putting the sensor out from the sharp sensor directly into the analog input, which is fine for "usual" readings, but I'm gathering from the datasheet in the "absolute maximum ratings" that the output might get as high as V_CC (maybe during the initial unstable readings?) - or does that just mean that one can apply this voltage to the output port (for whatever reason?)
I believe that no discovery of fact, however trivial, can be wholly useless to the race, and that no trumpeting of falsehood, however virtuous in intent, can be anything but vicious.
-- H.L. Mencken, "What I Believe"

#9 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:09 AM

Hi, I just got something like this (for a further range), and was wondering a bit - you're putting the sensor out from the sharp sensor directly into the analog input, which is fine for "usual" readings, but I'm gathering from the datasheet in the "absolute maximum ratings" that the output might get as high as V_CC (maybe during the initial unstable readings?) - or does that just mean that one can apply this voltage to the output port (for whatever reason?)

Hi Stefan,

I've got a Sharp GP2Y0A2YK0F IR sensor myself and tested this before connecting it to the analog input of the Netduino. The voltage did never exceed 2.8V, even while the sensor itself works on 5V. I tried quite some distances, but I decided it's safe to connect it directly to an analog input as well.
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#10 Paul Newton

Paul Newton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, UK

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

Has anyone tried using more than one of these sensors on a single model?

I am considering using multiple distance sensors for a robot, but am worried that they may interfere with each other.

Paul

Update:
Three range sensors, left, right and ahead worked well for me.

#11 aniMK16

aniMK16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:25 AM

Hey guys, I am new to Netduino and need some help for it. My topic is related to ir sensors, so will anyone help me?

If you are ready to answer my topic the please goto my topic

Link of my topic-

http://forums.netdui...for-ir-sensors/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.