Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Early "Getting Started with Netduino Go" software and instructions

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCrystal River, Florida

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:42 AM

:D :D :D

We are sending your update via USPS, should be there by the end of the year (2013) :lol: :P

Sometimes called snail mail for a good reason. :angry:
Chuck

#22 Gutworks

Gutworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

We are sending your update via USPS, should be there by the end of the year (2013) :lol: :P

Sometimes called snail mail for a good reason. :angry:
Chuck

You're a funny man Chuck. Nothing like pouring salt on my wounds. :P

I do truly believe that USPS and Canada Post have conspired against me and anything I order from the US. However soon I will have the best of both worlds, my DAQ arriving and my shield base updated. I wonder which will be first ;)

Cheers,
Steve

#23 ransomhall

ransomhall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBurlington, VT, USA

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

Got my Go and ShieldBase today :) I was able to update both to the latest firmware posted with minimal effort. My question - from the documentation it sounds like there should now be a VS project template for the Go. I'm not seeing it. Did I miss something? Or do I just create a blank NETMF project and start adding assemblies?

#24 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:34 AM

Hi ransomhall,

Got my Go and ShieldBase today :) I was able to update both to the latest firmware posted with minimal effort.

Awesome. Welcome to the Netduino community :)

My question - from the documentation it sounds like there should now be a VS project template for the Go. I'm not seeing it. Did I miss something? Or do I just create a blank NETMF project and start adding assemblies?

When you install the Netduino SDK, the new templates should appear in Visual Studio automatically. If you're using a custom installation location for Visual Studio you may need to copy the templates over to the appropriate folder.

Chris

#25 DavidBev

DavidBev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

Complete newbie and I just received a netduino go starter pack. I have run through some simple projects with the button, pot and rgb led with no problems but I cant figure out how to get the shield base to work. I know its my complete lack of knowledge on this. I downloaded the files in this topic and simply tried to grab the shieldbase.dll to add as a reference. Obviously this didn't work but I don't know where to go from here. I have a src file and a bin file that I downloaded. If someone can give me some step by step pointers I would really appreciate it. David

#26 DavidBev

DavidBev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Complete newbie and I just received a netduino go starter pack. I have run through some simple projects with the button, pot and rgb led with no problems but I cant figure out how to get the shield base to work. I know its my complete lack of knowledge on this.
I downloaded the files in this topic and simply tried to grab the shieldbase.dll to add as a reference. Obviously this didn't work but I don't know where to go from here. I have a src file and a bin file that I downloaded. If someone can give me some step by step pointers I would really appreciate it.

David

Ok got it fixed with the help of the chat room members. much thanks and all it needed was to be reflashed.

#27 eplaksienko

eplaksienko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

Chris, I am trying to change rgb led module brightness,  with no success. I see I have to put double value, but I have such a feeling I am not correct with the range

#28 Gutworks

Gutworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

Hi eplaksienko,

If I recall correctly, it takes a Double value from 0.0 to 1.0. To set it at 50% you would use 0.5. Hopefully that should get you going. 

Cheers,

Steve

#29 eplaksienko

eplaksienko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

Gutworks I tryed, it was obvious if double it's meant under 1, but I don't see any affect in brightness

#30 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

Chris, I am trying to change rgb led module brightness,  with no success. I see I have to put double value, but I have such a feeling I am not correct with the range

Can you share your code? "0.0" is zero brightness, "0.5" is half brightness, "1.0" is full brightness, etc. Be sure to use a decimal point in your number... Also, the default color is black. Which has no brightness at all, regardless. Be sure to use .SetColor(...) too if you want to see a color other than black :) Chris

#31 eplaksienko

eplaksienko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

Thx, some reason I tried the same before your reply and it didn't work, suddenly yesterdays night it started to work

#32 Samer_m

Samer_m

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

Hello.

Thanks for the little introductory code. It really got me going after some search for any helpful doc on the Go.

I have a little complaint though if I may.

I just started working with Netduino. I have the Go kit. But it is really hard to find documentation. I worked with MakeController and Arduino and those have great documentation.  I really wish that you create some formal documentation (downloadable PDFs).

It is a small complaint not meaning to undermine the product at all. It is an awesome product.

Thanks.

#33 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

Hi Samer_m,

That's really valuable feedback. Let me see what we can do to provide some examples and documentation around the GoBus modules.

Welcome to the Netduino community,

Chris

#34 NXTwoThou

NXTwoThou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:19 PM

I'm curious as to what happened to the Wiki.  I had a person accidentally rip apart a piece of equipment I put together with a Netduino Go and completely trashed everything.  Needing to go back to ground zero and since it relied on the shieldbase, it's dead in the water unless I directly use some pins for the GPIO I need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.