Sprinkler system project - Page 3 - Project Showcase - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Sprinkler system project

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Giuliano

Giuliano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley, CA

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:14 AM

Does anybody know what type of relays the commercial sprinkler timers use? They don't make any type of relay sound, meaning a clicking sound when they activate a zone for watering. Any ideas? Also, where does the scheduling data gets stored? Thanks

#42 neslekkim

neslekkim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

Does anybody know what type of relays the commercial sprinkler timers use? They don't make any type of relay sound, meaning a clicking sound when they activate a zone for watering. Any ideas? Also, where does the scheduling data gets stored?

Thanks

Could it be an SSR?
http://en.wikipedia....lid_state_relay

--
Asbjørn

#43 Giuliano

Giuliano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

Could it be an SSR?
http://en.wikipedia....lid_state_relay

Interesting. Do you know of one that I can use with the Netduino?

#44 neslekkim

neslekkim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:34 AM

Interesting. Do you know of one that I can use with the Netduino?

Yes, lot of people uses those for arduinos etc, but normally you use them instead of normal relays because they can switch faster, and are usually used with PID's.
The ssr's can be bought with versions that enables you to use the logic levels directly from the duino, but due to how much amp you can draw, you need to have an circuit to give it the power it needs, but that is the exact same as you need to do with an normal relay, except you don't need the diode protection you need with coil based relays.

I guess one like this should be fine:
http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_2118wt_1163

--
Asbjørn

#45 JeffJohnson

JeffJohnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Try AQH1213 opto-isolators.  I'm using them sraight out of digi pins with 220 ohm resistors is series with internal led.

#46 narsters

narsters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:23 AM

Hi Giuliano,

I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you get this up an running?  I am looking at doing something similar, but I am trying to figure out the 24VAC Transformer part and how you hooked it up to the relay board and valves.  If you had a picture, that would be awesome.  I am pretty sure I know how to hook the rest up.

Thanks,

Jeff

#47 Giuliano

Giuliano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:51 PM

Sorry for my late response:

Of course, this project is being running in my backyard for about 2 years now and I built an iOS app for it that I have in my iPhone.

I'll take a picture of the circuit, although it will be hard to tell because it is all installed already in the wall inside an outdoor casing but let me see if I can find an old picture back when I was working in the project where you can see the circuit, it is not that complicated.

#48 narsters

narsters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:31 AM

Hi Giuliano,

I finally have my Netduino and the relay board.  Any picture you could take would be great, especially if you can get a pic of the relay board.  So do you have two power supplies, one for the Netduino and one for the Relay board?

#49 Giuliano

Giuliano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:28 AM

Hi narsters,

Sorry for the delay on this. I don't have a hosting server anymore where I can place the pictures but if you PM me and provide me your personal email address I can send those pictures to you.

Thanks

#50 Tallmanneal

Tallmanneal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:22 AM

Hi Giuliano,

Will you please send me pics of your sprinkler project?  I would love to build one and know my way around power supplies and relay and solid state control circuits but have not built a project with Netduino or Arduino.  Are you willing to share or sell the programming?

Thanks,

Neal

nealg@triad.rr.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.