Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Add file to assembly

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nissim

Nissim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:29 AM

Can you please advise me how to add a file ( say a text file) into the Assembly? Thank you in advance

#2 NeonMika / Markus VV.

NeonMika / Markus VV.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationUpper Austria

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:22 AM

Here a link to the MSDN:
http://msdn.microsof...y(v=vs.80).aspx

So a short overview from me:
Rightclick your project -> Properties
There you have Ressources... Add your wished Ressources there (I just worked with String this morning by chance :P)
Then go to your code and use Properties.Resources ... I don't know exactly how to work with files stored in ressources (remember the little RAM and ROM you're working with!), but to access your stored string, I used something like Properties.Resources.GetString(Properties.Resources.StringRessources.MyStringName); //C# Code ;)
ATM i don't have more time to look deeper into that, probably this night...

Greets, Markus

NeonMika.Webserver
> Control your N+ and write webservice methods easyily
> Receive data from you N+ (in XML or JSON)
> Browse the SD on your N+ directly in the browser and d
own - and upload files

If you need help with NeonMika.Webserver, please just leave a note in the thread and/or contact me via Skype :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- Mistakes teach you important lessons. Every time you make one, you are one step closer to your goal. ----
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 Nissim

Nissim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:55 PM

Thank you Markus- your reply is very helpful

#4 Nissim

Nissim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:18 AM

Hi again Marcus I spent a fair amount of time trying to add a text file to resources . i get unexpected errors. one of which 'System.Resources.ResourceManager' does not contain a definition for 'GetString' and no extension method ' Have you actually tried to do it with VS express edition ?

#5 Nissim

Nissim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:10 AM

it seems to work fine with VS2010 Ultimate Edition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.