Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Preview of Mono support

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:43 AM

Soon, we'll be launching an open source project to port the .NET Micro Framework SDK to Mono for use on Mac and Linux.

There are three main parts to providing native .NET Micro Framework support on Linux and Mac:
1. Supporting .NET Micro Framework in MonoDevelop
2. Porting the MetaDataProcessor (.NET MF post-processor) C++ code to Mac and Linux
3. Tweaking the MFDeployEngine and MFDeploy tool to work under Mono

We've completed most of the work with #3 (MFDeploy). I have attached screenshots of MFDeploy in action on Linux and Mac to this post.

Finally, the Mono team has been very gracious in making enhancements to Mono to make this first pillar possible. If you have a chance, please give them a big shout out.

Chris

UPDATE: We have released the first alpha release of MFDeploy for Mono (Mac and Linux).

Attached Files

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:46 AM

P.S. If you're a C++ programmer with experience porting Windows code to Mac or Linux (or just good Mac or Linux C++ experience), we'd love to have your involvement on the MetaDataProcessor project of this project. Please PM me if you'd interested in being involved. This will be a pretty exciting and important project. Chris

#3 Antioch

Antioch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:48 PM

Waiting on this before I grab a Netduino. I prefer developing in Linux. Eagerly waiting, Antioch ;)

#4 Steven Behnke

Steven Behnke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:47 PM

Waiting on this before I grab a Netduino. I prefer developing in Linux.

Eagerly waiting,
Antioch ;)

You could help instead of just wait. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.