WARNING: This software is pre-release software. It may temporarily cause your Netduino to cease functioning properly. It requires communication with your Netduino via a serial port. You will need to erase your Netduino completely and flash it with "serial" firmware. This will require special tools and possibly access to a 32-bit Windows machine.
If you're an early adopter and would like to help us test early MFDeploy support on Mac or Linux, this alpha release may be for you.
This software is licensed under the Apache 2.0 license (open source) and includes code from the Microsoft .NET Micro Framework v4.1 Porting Kit.
MFDeploy is a tool which ships with the .NET Micro Framework v4.1 SDK. It allows the user to do certain diagnostics, configuration, and reflashing with their Netduino. It also allows you to manually switch/update .NET MF firmware.
Limitations in this release:
* Supports only serial communication with Netduino or other .NET Micro Framework device. No USB support at this time (although USB to UART cables and USB to RS232 adapters are supported).
NOTES FOR MAC OS X USERS:
* Mono on Mac OS X does not support auto-enumeration of serial ports at this time. You will need to manually add your serial port's path to the software before compiling/running it. To do this, in the Debugger project modify the Streams.cs file: uncomment line 640, and copy and paste the path to your serial port in all three respective parameters.
* You must unzip and copy the attached .dylib patch file over your existing Mono 2.6.7 installation to enable serial port communication. It should be written over the existing file in '/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/lib'.
HOW TO USE THIS PROGRAM:
* Unzip the attached MFDeployMono_v4.1_Alpha1.zip file into a folder on your computer. If you've installed the .NET Micro Framework v4.1 QFE1 PK, you can copy these files into the "\MicroFrameworkPK_v4_1\Framework" folder if desired (although this will replace the PK's standard MFDeploy code and may require tweaks to the PK's build process).
* Open up the Tools\MFDeploy folder, and open up the MFDeploy.sln solution.
* Compile and run. That's it! [NOTE: Mac users will need to edit line 640 in the Streams.cs file as noted above]
* Tested on Mac OS X 10.6.4 and Ubuntu Linux 10.10 Beta
* Requires Mono 2.6.7 and MonoDevelop 2.4
* Mac OS X installation requires .dylib patch file (see above)
* USB to UART cable (or USB/RS232 adapter + RS232 shield for Netduino)
Enjoy, and please let us know how this works for you.
Secret Labs LLC