Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Firmware v4.2.0 BETA 1

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:25 AM

Just tested this one on a normal Netduino:
http://forums.netdui...dpost__p__10726
Still bugged in 4.2.

Also, I noticed that when deploying exactly the same project a Netduino Plus, it gives an error on:
StorageDevice.MountSD("SD", SPI.SPI_module.SPI1, Pins.GPIO_PIN_D8);

An unhandled exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException' occurred in SecretLabs.NETMF.IO.dll

So with a Plus, it's not possible to mount an additional SD-card I suppose?
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#22 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:20 AM

Also, I noticed that when deploying exactly the same project a Netduino Plus, it gives an error on:

StorageDevice.MountSD("SD", SPI.SPI_module.SPI1, Pins.GPIO_PIN_D8);

So with a Plus, it's not possible to mount an additional SD-card I suppose?

Correct :) At least for now. This might be something that could be enabled in the future though!

Chris

#23 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:02 AM

Correct :) At least for now. This might be something that could be enabled in the future though!

Would be nice to support multiple storage devices, although it doesn't really have hi prio I suppose. The bug itself I mentioned can be annoying though. Any plans for that? :)
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!

#24 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:23 PM

Oh dear, that SDK should be possible to be installed with only Visual Basic 2010 Professional installed right? Retorical question actually ;) With only VB2010Pro installed, I get "Microsoft .NET Micro Framework SDK 4.2 (beta) requires Visual C# 2010 to be installed."
I consider that a bug since the SDK is also for Visual Basic. Installing C# helped.

Just tested this with the 2011-06-14 NETMF build and seems it's fixed now.

Not quite sure if this is a bug, but when I follow this installation sequence on a clean PC:
1. Visual Basic 2010 Express (VS2010Express1.iso)
2. .NET Micro Framework SDK 4.2 Beta (MicroFrameworkSDK.MSI)
3. Netduino SDK 4.2 (netduinosdk_64bit.exe)
4. Visual C# 2010 Express (VS2010Express1.iso)

and I open a C# .NETMF project, I get the error "The project file '...csproj' cannot be opened. The project type is not supported by this installation."

When I reinstall both SDK's it opens the project without any problem.

#25 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

Just tested this with the 2011-06-14 NETMF build and seems it's fixed now.

Thanks for testing that! Yes, the June 14th build should add support for the Express editions of Visual Studio.

Chris

#26 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

Hi Chris, The blue screen bug I mailed earlier, I opened a Codeplex ticket, but they refer me (and Omar) to you: http://netmf.codeple...m/workitem/1049

#27 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:56 PM

How funny. There was a USB bug in .NET MF 4.1 which we patched in the Netduino firmware--but .NET MF 4.2 implemented a permanent fix. I wonder if the fix is causing the issue? Unfortunately, the BSOD is being caused at the Windows driver level. We're using the standard .NET MF driver and Windows. Let's see if we can track down more details so that the NETMF team can figure out a workaround for all boards that can be integrated in the NETMF core. Chris

#28 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:04 PM

Unfortunately, the BSOD is being caused at the Windows driver level. We're using the standard .NET MF driver and Windows. Let's see if we can track down more details so that the NETMF team can figure out a workaround for all boards that can be integrated in the NETMF core.

I agree, but I'm not an expert of things and like we say in Dutch: "van 't kastje naar de muur". Litteraly: "from the cupboard to the wall" but loosly translated being bounced around.
So perhaps you could reply on that issue, or take some other actions? If you need me to test anything, you know how to contact me ;)

#29 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:27 AM

Found yet another bug, in VB.NETMF, while typing this line and pressing Enter the IDE crashes the hard way:

Public WithEvents button As InterruptPort = New InterruptPort(Pins.ONBOARD_SW1, False, Port.ResistorMode.PullDown, Port.InterruptMode.InterruptEdgeBoth)
Now there are more ways to handle events but a crashing IDE, not good! :D

That's fixed now, but when deploying attached app, it gives:

Attaching deployed file.
Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware (4.1.0.0) (256 RAM - 1016 ROM - 489 METADATA)
Resolving.
Resolve: unknown type: System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AccessedThroughPropertyAttribute
Error: ff000000

Attached Files

#30 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:22 AM

One down, one more to go? :)

#31 skytribe

skytribe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:53 PM

Found yet another bug, in VB.NETMF, while typing this line and pressing Enter the IDE crashes the hard way:

Public WithEvents button As InterruptPort = New InterruptPort(Pins.ONBOARD_SW1, False, Port.ResistorMode.PullDown, Port.InterruptMode.InterruptEdgeBoth)
Now there are more ways to handle events but a crashing IDE, not good! :D

Download the latest version of the MF 4.2 (Beta).

This issue should now be resolved.

#32 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:01 PM

Download the latest version of the MF 4.2 (Beta).

This issue should now be resolved.

Yea I know :) That's why I tested it again and encountered another issue ;)

#33 skytribe

skytribe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:17 PM

That's fixed now, but when deploying attached app, it gives:

I believe there is another update to the firmware that is possibly required. You may want to check with Chris and try reflashing the latest firmware as well.

The joys of Beta software. Obviously finding issues is part of the process - so its great that people are starting to use it and we can find these.

Some of these will be VB Only issues as Withevents is a VB Only construct. So at least it is not completely blocking event scenarios as its always possible to use the addhandler construct in the same way C# sets up event handlers. Not Ideal but we are working to resolve issues.

#34 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:22 PM

Hi Stefan, We'll build updated firmware this weekend to support the latest NETMF SDK. I love that the community is testing this so quickly. Three SDK updates in one week! Awesome. Chris P.S. Thanks for the help and insights, skytribe.

#35 Joe88

Joe88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:50 PM

Hi,

I no longer get the issue that I mentioned earlier in this thread but after doing a reflash and re-install I now get this error when I try to deploy the FTP Sample:

------ Deploy started: Project: FtpServer, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
An error has occurred: please check your hardware.
DebugPort.GetDeviceProcess() called with no argument
Source: Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug
Stack : 
   at Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.DebugPort.GetDeviceProcess(String deviceName) in c:\depot\current\CLIENT_V4_2\Framework\CorDebug\DebugPort.cs:line 270
   at Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.VsProjectFlavorCfg.Deploy() in c:\depot\current\CLIENT_V4_2\Framework\CorDebug\VsProjectFlavorCfg.cs:line 809
   at Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.VsProjectFlavorCfg.<Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsDeployableProjectCfg.StartDeploy>b__0() in c:\depot\current\CLIENT_V4_2\Framework\CorDebug\VsProjectFlavorCfg.cs:line 634
========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Thanks,

Joe

#36 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

Hi Joe, Can you please do the following? 1. Using MFDeploy, execute the "Device Capabilities" and "Flash layout" commands -- and then copy and paste the results in a post in this thread? 2. Post a ZIPPED version of a simple project which demonstrates this issue? Thank you, Chris

#37 Joe88

Joe88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:37 PM

I created an empty 4.2 project and added the System.Ftp ref and got this error: Incrementally deploying assemblies to device Deploying assemblies for a total size of 76136 bytes Assemblies not successfully deployed to device. Deployment to the device was not successful. I've attached both projects. HalSystemInfo.halVersion: 4.2.0.0 HalSystemInfo.halVendorInfo: Netduino Plus (v4.2.0.0 b1) by Secret Labs LLC HalSystemInfo.oemCode: 34 HalSystemInfo.modelCode: 177 HalSystemInfo.skuCode: 4097 HalSystemInfo.moduleSerialNumber: 00000000000000000000000000000000 HalSystemInfo.systemSerialNumber: 0000000000000000 ClrInfo.clrVersion: 4.2.0.0 ClrInfo.clrVendorInfo: Netduino Plus (v4.2.0.0 b1) by Secret Labs LLC ClrInfo.targetFrameworkVersion: 4.2.0.0 SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion: 4.2.0.0 SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVendorInfo: Netduino Plus (v4.2.0.0 b1) by Secret Labs LLC SoftwareVersion.BuildDate: Jun 8 2011 SoftwareVersion.CompilerVersion: 400902 FloatingPoint: True SourceLevelDebugging: True ThreadCreateEx: True LCD.Width: 0 LCD.Height: 0 LCD.BitsPerPixel: 0 AppDomains: True ExceptionFilters: True IncrementalDeployment: True SoftReboot: True Profiling: False ProfilingAllocations: False ProfilingCalls: False IsUnknown: False

#38 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:43 PM

Hi Joe88,

Deploying assemblies for a total size of 76136 bytes

The Netduino Plus has 64KB of flash for code (65536 bytes). Your project is about 10KB too big. It's possible that the FTP classes are too large--or you may have some other dependencies being included which are putting you over the top.

I believe that the FTP classes are managed classes running on top of the HTTP classes. You should be able to import just the FTP source files you need into a Visual Studio project...or even switch them over to using raw sockets.

Chris

#39 Joe88

Joe88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:38 AM

Aha! I should have realized that... I'm currently chopping as much out of the FTP library as possible (all the client stuff mostly.) If it comes to modifying it so that it uses sockets then I'll probably just write my own. I'll post it here though, baptism by fire when it comes to writing embedded code I guess! Joe

#40 msgersch

msgersch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:22 AM

I'm having issues mounting an SD card with the new firmware on a netduino plus.

In a previous post it was stated:
"So with a Plus, it's not possible to mount an additional SD-card I suppose?"

Does this mean additional, or any SD card?

I'm trying to execute:
SecretLabs.NETMF.IO.StorageDevice.MountSD("SD", SPI_Devices.SPI1, Pins.GPIO_PIN_D8);
and it just throws a first chance exception.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.