Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Firmware v4.2.0 BETA 1

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:19 AM

I believe he closed the blue screen issue with a note that it may be fixed in RC1 (and to re-open it if it's not).

Can you downloaded the brand new .NET MF 4.2 RC1 SDK and see if you still get the issue (and if so, we'll push to re-open the issue)?

Chris

I will do this weekend, from my understanding it was closed for two reasons: they couldn't reproduce it, and it's not a netmf but windows bug. That's what I got from their comments:

lorenzte wrote Today at 12:04 AM
we cannot repro this bug on any platform, neither any other MF board nor any Windows SKU. As you can read in the XML the bug check is in the windows infrastructure.

"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#82 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:20 PM

An update about the blue screen issue. Microsoft wants to investigate it but needs more debugging information. How to collect this? Simple: - Install the kernel debugger (you may uncheck everything else during installation) from http://msdn.microsof...rdware/gg463009 - Reboot (important! I didn't do this, reproduced, crashed but very, very hard. not even a blue screen, after reboot it went better) - Wait for it, wait a bit longer, until you get a blue screen - Copy C:\Windows\Memory.dmp to a safe location, at the next crash it will be overwritten - Open WinDebug (C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows (x64)\windbg.exe), load the crash dump, see it's contents. - Type "!analyze -v" and press enter for some more detailed debugging information - Copy/paste the output of WinDebug to a textfile and present it to Microsoft. Hopefully we could all help Microsoft and Secret Labs to isolate and fix this issue!
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#83 Edward

Edward

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:53 PM

No problem, I'll do that, already have the debugger installed. By the way, yes I too have had the crashes where there is no bluescreen just straight to BIOS.

#84 rmatteson

rmatteson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

I tried the v4.2 firmware briefly. Had big problems working with SD card (256MB) on the Plus. Seemed like it would only work with files in the root directory.
Trying to access anything in a sub-directory (eg, GetFiles) would throw a NotSupported exception. Same code working fine in the 4.1 beta so rolled back to that for now.

// try this code, it should work for reading subdirectories.
// call read ReadDirectories() and it will spin through all diriectories and sub-directories on the card.
// The file reader assumes you are reading test files out to debug console.

public void ReadFiles( String sDirectory ) {
String sLine = String.Empty;
string[] files = System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(sDirectory);
Debug.Print("file count: " + files.Length.ToString());
for (int i = 0; i < files.Length; i++) {
Debug.Print("filename: " + files[i]);
FileStream fs = new FileStream(files[i], FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.None, 512);
StreamReader sr = new StreamReader(fs);
Debug.Print("contents: " );
do {
sLine = sr.ReadLine();
Debug.Print(sLine);
} while( sLine == String.Empty );

sr.Close();
fs.Close();
}
}

public void ReadSubDirectories( String sDirectory ) {
try {
ReadFiles( sDirectory );

string[] directories = System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(sDirectory);
Debug.Print("directory count: " + directories.Length.ToString());
for (int i = 0; i < directories.Length; i++) {
Debug.Print("directory: " + directories[i]);
ReadSubDirectories( directories[i] );
}
}
catch {}
}

public void ReadDirectories() {
string[] directories = System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(@"\");
Debug.Print("directory count: " + directories.Length.ToString());
for (int i = 0; i < directories.Length; i++) {
Debug.Print("directory: " + directories[i]);
ReadSubDirectories( directories[i] );
}
}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.