Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

.NET micro Framework device

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:05 PM

For my point of view, OneWire issue is not related to processor speed. It's more related to C# latency inducted. So, the solution, like other vendors, is to provide a OneWire feature in native code and a library in C# to use it.

The processor itself is surely fast enough for 1-Wire, at this time the problem is with native (C++) code generated by GCC, but it works. Please note there are several abstraction layers in TinyCLR, to handle hardware platforms differences - typical architecture tradeoffs apply here. There is always possibility to write one long asm { ... } block (or whatever is the compiler's syntax).

I use onewire with a AVR 328p at 8 Mhz !!!

I use AT89LP4052 Posted Image

#22 Szymon

Szymon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationPoland, Krakow

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:07 PM

The processor itself is surely fast enough for 1-Wire, at this time the problem is with native (C++) code generated by GCC, but it works.

It works on Arduino so it would be weird if Netduino's much superior CPU couldn't handle it :-)

#23 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:11 PM

Based on what you folks are saying, I don't see any reason why we couldn't integrate a native driver for OneWire into the core Netduino firmware. CW2 is working on one--and we've offered to open up any capabilities necessary to do that (open drain configs, etc.)

#24 segu

segu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationLima - Peru

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:58 AM

Based on what you folks are saying, I don't see any reason why we couldn't integrate a native driver for OneWire into the core Netduino firmware. CW2 is working on one--and we've offered to open up any capabilities necessary to do that (open drain configs, etc.)

At least OneUser (me) will be VERY VERY happy ;). By the way more IO be good, always there is a project that needs more pins than available :huh:

#25 Coding Smackdown

Coding Smackdown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLewisville, TX USA

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:47 PM

I'd be another user that would be very happy with One Wire support baked in to the firmware. There are a lot of cool devices out there that use the One Wire protocol. Since they can all be accessed over the same one wire interface it sure helps out a lot when you have a bunch of devices you want to talk with but don't have a lot of GPIO pins. I'd even be interested in seeing both master and slave type of capabilities, so the Netduino could control device and be controlled by a PC or other device. If you need help, I'm willing to lend a hand.
Brewing Award Winning Beer with a Netduino!
http://diybrewery.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.